Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For Disney you should be fine on pretty much everything even over 300lbs except maybe Rock n Roller Coaster and definitely Flight of Passage in the Avatar area of Animal Kingdom. Most other traditional amusement parks you can't be much larger than 220-230 with the right body proportions to fit on the most intense rides. Many of them have seat belts in addition to lap bars and you have to be able to buckle the belt and lock the lap bars in the correct position to ride. The nice thing is that many parks offer test seats at the entrance for you to try out before you wait in line. Some of them even have indicator lights for how close you are.

The key thing about many of these is that it's not strictly about how much you weigh but where you carry your weight. If you carry it more in your butt and thighs you will have trouble with seats that have any sort of side edge to them. If you have a larger chest or abdominal area you will have trouble with over the shoulder restraints and seatbelts. Generally as a rule of thumb if your waist size is less than 40" and your chest is less than 54" you can fit on pretty much anything.

Edited by OpsMatt

Thanks opsMatt, I am Nowhere near Disney in Central Ohio, but I do have Kings Island,Cedar Point, the Columbus Zoo and the waning days of County Fairs to contend with, if not THIS YEAR surely 2019! Big Mama is in the process of metamorphosis into Cutie Pie! Gonna happen, it just takes a short while!🎢🎢🎢

I live within 45 minutes of two large amusement parks in Virginia. I begin to get uncomfortable on rides around 240lbs. I am wide hip/small chested (size 18 pants). I have spent most of my life riding these same rides so sometimes I could turn my hip and sit a little sideways to fit just because I know which rides I can do it in. There are a couple of different ride types with different locking mechanisms. One will go just over your lap with no chest coverage and one with a shoulder restraint (mostly metal coasters that go upside down). Some rides also have specific lines for larger seats since I am bottom heavy/wide hips I usually try to get in those lines.

I love rollercoasters and this is also a goal of mine to fit more comfortably in them. Good luck!!

4 hours ago, Frustr8 said:

Thanks opsMatt, I am Nowhere near Disney in Central Ohio, but I do have Kings Island,Cedar Point, the Columbus Zoo and the waning days of County Fairs to contend with, if not THIS YEAR surely 2019! Big Mama is in the process of metamorphosis into Cutie Pie! Gonna happen, it just takes a short while!🎢🎢🎢

Cedar Point is very close to me as well and they are known for having restrictive seating on most rides. While the majority of this is for safety reasons, I feel at least part of it is that most modern roller coasters are designed by companies in Switzerland and the Netherlands. As we all know obesity is much more of an epidemic in America than it is in other parts of the world so most of these Coaster designers do not build restraints with the average American in mind.

Well if you're not in Ohio you would have to be in Southern. Michigan or far Eastern Indiana. My guess- southern Michigan , maybe not too far from Toledo, suppose I could check your profile. Yeah the Dutch eat a,lot of bread and potatoes, the difference? They bike everywhere!

I am also looking forward to riding roller coasters again. I know when I last went to Universal, I weighed 260 and have an apple shape. I was able to fit, but it was still embarrassing to have to smoosh myself in. This summer coming up the Hubby and I are definitely going to Cedar Point. Then my niece who was in the Disney College Program wants us to go there for Halloween and if I travel to Florida, I definitely have to return to Diagon Alley!