Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Checking in after August by-pass

Hi, Pals. Just wanted to check in now that I am 7 days post op. I had my gastric bypass on August 29. Went home on August 30. I have been on liquid diet since coming home. About to start pureed phase tomorrow.

Everything has been going well. The pain has been manageable. I still have some bouts of pain, but much less than before.

I have not been exercising yet, but plan to start that soon.

I hope all other August surgery patients are doing well!

1 minute ago, MassMom said:

Hi, Pals. Just wanted to check in now that I am 7 days post op. I had my gastric bypass on August 29. Went home on August 30. I have been on liquid diet since coming home. About to start pureed phase tomorrow.

Everything has been going well. The pain has been manageable. I still have some bouts of pain, but much less than before.

I have not been exercising yet, but plan to start that soon.

I hope all other August surgery patients are doing well!

Congrats!

Mine was the 23rd. I'm still struggling to get in all the Protein but doing well otherwise.

Congratulations! I had surgery on 8/28 was a struggle the first few days now I’m managing, walking more just started purées tonight. Wasn’t able to each much but moving in the right direction! 

HW- 336

SW- 319 (8/28)

CW- 301 (9/5)

Eat*

I had surgery on the 29 too. Doing good up to 64 oz Water and 75 Grams Protein. Walk walk walk. Sip sip sip gained 8 pounds after surgery but today is 8 day out and lost those 8 plus 5. Had number 2 now which helps a lot

HW 257
SW 229
1 day later 236
CW 224

On 9/5/2018 at 9:32 AM, ChellNC said:

Mine was the 23rd. I'm still struggling to get in all the Protein but doing well otherwise.

My NUT told me there is no way to get enough Protein at that point

9 minutes ago, GB in CA said:

That really depends. Some of us had no problem drinking enough Protein Shakes to hit the Protein goal. It all depends on how much swelling you had, but it is certainly not impossible.

14 minutes ago, GB in CA said:

No way to get in all your Protein six weeks post op? I have zero problems with it and I don't supplement shakes either. I average 60gr+ to my highest day at 93gr. I also eat 4 - 6 small meals every few hours at 100 cal each to ensure from the time I get up 5:00 a.m. to my last meal - never later than 7:00 p.m. all my goals are met.

43 minutes ago, MargoCL said:

No way to get in all your Protein six weeks post op? I have zero problems with it and I don't supplement shakes either. I average 60gr+ to my highest day at 93gr. I also eat 4 - 6 small meals every few hours at 100 cal each to ensure from the time I get up 5:00 a.m. to my last meal - never later than 7:00 p.m. all my goals are met.

The post I responded to, she was still on liquids. My NUT also told me I should not be eating more than 3 meals a day.

remember everyone's plans are different and mine has it printed it may take multiple meals. Also my NUT has approved 3 meals and 2 Snacks even b4 wls.

However with 3 meals alone you would have to have up to 30g Protein per serving and cals would be upward of 900-1000.

my cals remain at 600-700 @ 7 weeks post