Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2018 Sleevers

1 hour ago, br3n said:

Hi All! Just checking in, as I start my 2 week pre-op liquid diet on Monday. I'm well stocked on Protein Drinks, powder, broths and teas and ready to get this over with!!! The countdown is on! One more day 'til October -- this is our month!!! :D

liquids.jpg

Good job! I don't have to do a liquid diet until after, but your load looks almost identical to what I just ordered. I also got a glass with the ounces marked off so I can measure 2 oz. after.

Hi All! Just checking in, as I start my 2 week pre-op liquid diet on Monday. I'm well stocked on Protein Drinks, powder, broths and teas and ready to get this over with!!! The countdown is on! One more day 'til October -- this is our month!!! [emoji3]

liquids.jpg.ef80dae2bfa4c61e7a78dc1de9797767.jpg
Hey! I'm curious as to where you bought that organic chicken Bone Broth? It looks good!

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

8 hours ago, br3n said:

Hi All! Just checking in, as I start my 2 week pre-op liquid diet on Monday. I'm well stocked on Protein Drinks, powder, broths and teas and ready to get this over with!!! The countdown is on! One more day 'til October -- this is our month!!! :D

liquids.jpg

omg go you, Im starting my preop tomorrow and so dont have that much.

Got my surgery date: October 22, 2018....and now the wait... Would love to gather a cohort here to go through this with!!!
Oct 24- bought a few things yesterday ,,,getting excited

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

[mention=346702]br3n[/mention] I work in at an office job as well. Doctors told me at least 2 weeks, possibly longer, so I'm trying to make a plan for 4. Maybe I'll be stir crazy by 5 days! On the other had, having 4 weeks off doesn't sound like a bad thing either :-)
In terms of preparation I'm walking 1/2 hour almost ever day. There are still some bad habits to eliminate, but I've got a time frame for those, too.
I got my first bad reaction to the surgery from my father-in-law. Trying to let is slide but the judgementalism is hard.
My dad is a judgemental jackass,,,guess who is not being told~~~him!
I feel ya.

@kdiddle31 Sorry to hear about the negative reaction. My friends and family have been very supportive, though I have only told those closest to me so far. I'm not too worried about negativity, I'm doing this for me, no one else, and I am confident in my decision...so, I would just smile and carry on!

I wish I could take 4 weeks off, but with this being an elective surgery I am having to use my personal time off and have no medical leave. My plan is to take 1 week off, then work from home the 2nd week if I am able. [mention=346523]shazz73[/mention] I am sad about losing coffee also. I usually only have 1-2 cups a day, but I am going to miss them. I have never been a soda drinker, so that part doesnt bother me as much.

I am sooo ready for surgery day! I have my scope next week, then my preop appt the week after, then it's time for the 2 week liquid diet... so hopefully time will move quickly.

Im trying to practice the no drinking 30 mins b4 eating n 30 mins after,,,never realized how thirsty i get after eating! Which leads me down the path of wanting to stay properly hydrated all day....

I am a newbie and so happy to have found this thread! I am scheduled for October 31st, Halloween day but I am not spooked at all. Estatic is a better word. I also am very apprehensive about sharing my news with certain family members out of fear of judgement....still debating if I will share my plan at all. My SO, brother and children are the only ones I have told and they are super supportive. Again. so glad to have found you all!
I am not telling the judgie family members, i dont want the stress. As much as it shouldnt matter what others think n say, it still winds me up. I feel the need to defend myself, so f$%k it, im not telling. Now- in the future, if they notice im slimming down, i may share. To be decided.
# jusgementalpeoplesuck

How long is everyone’s preop diet? My dr only requires 1 week of liquids for preop. I start that oct 1.
I only have to do it the day before. I feel really lucky about that.

Soooooo I posted before and my surgery was supposed to be 10/15. My doctors office called me today and asked if I wanted to push it up to 10/1....UMMMM yes!!!! But I thought I would have time to mentally prepare for the two week pre op liquid diet. Nope....starting tomorrow pray for me!!!!!
[emoji120][emoji106][emoji120][emoji106][emoji120][emoji106]

The nutritionists have had me following some of the post-op rules (final phase, I mean) since June, but the liquid diet is only one week for me. 4 Protein Shakes or strained cream Soups and unlimited broth, sugar free popsicles, sugar free Jello, Protein Water, and water. The final day is Clear Liquids only -- broth, sf popsicles, sf jello, and protein water. My surgery is October 3rd, so I start next Wednesday.
I feel silly asking, but what exactly is a strained cream Soup? For ex- would i make a canned soup, say cream of chicken, as per directions and then dump it thru a strainer, and what comes thru the strainer i can eat?
Did i just answer my own question, lol?

Definitely no caffeinated coffee for the first 4 weeks after surgery and then we’ll see if it’s tolerated... I think Decaf might just make me sadder haha. I heard it referred to as “brown sadness Water once” :)
Lollol-@ "brown sadness water "

Yep you sure did! Sore innards with their staples. just cannot handle ther bumpy roughness yet. Slow, smoothly, teeny tiny amounts at a time. Treat that renovated stomach like the,baby,it is. Cream Soups, sugar popsicles, bone broths, and Protein Shakes, that's my diet,staples . Don't rush the stages, it can get boring but it is better in the lo b g run. Get your Vitamins, m8nerals like Calcium, drink in all the Fluid you can take. 64 oz doesn't seem bad but it may take all day. You will not set Land Speed records, but each day a little more recovery, a little strength, follow your doctor's instructions, we're happy to help but Dr,knows your condition best. Do your best to make October a Success Month! My September has had its bumps but I never would go back to before, 25 days, down maybe 20pounds+ less in weigh5 and I see subtle differences, p retty soon the world🌏will see👀Them Too!