Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2018 Sleevers

Just Protein Shakes, for more than a week, seems cruel. broth is a nice change from sweetness, and you do get some Protein from that... but it's not exactly a meal substitute. And it's such a weird rule, when appropriate Soups are available. I guess people aren't awesome at following directions, though, so the worry is that people will sub in Campbell's when they should be having one of those high-protein diet soups.

Anyway, that stinks, and I'm sorry.

I just got my date! 10/15/18.

I've gone off the pill, I didn't drink soda before, quit drinking alcohol, and am ALMOST off coffee. I'm very excited. I just ordered some Premier Protein drinks and a glass with the ounces marked so I can measure out 2 oz. I also bought sweatpants with a loose waist for the hospital.

At my hospital they give you a dilaudid self push hand thing and a small script of dilaudid to take home, so I'm not worried about pain.

I have an office job and they are completely cool with me working from home 2-3 weeks if I feel like I want/need to. That was a huge relief.

I'm super excited about my surgery and meeting my fellow Oct. sleevers.

Updated list for people to find their surgery buddies! (Please don't quote this whole post to get added or removed; just @ me to get my attention. But also, I'm following this thread, so I'll probably see it. :))

Oct 1:
aapb79Gmail.com
chicagogirl74
chuckwalsh
clara1900
cw19147
irishgal21
JennieJuniper
momofmjbm
Red Alicia
Yare_2018

Oct 2:
cindy t
Deanayeah
Lizzieming
Marla522
nikoleroze
Oct517

Oct 3:
boringtessa
crankymagpie
mamadownsizing
sekud02

Oct 4:
AriesMary25
btrfly
kerbear1980
mspink702
rnchaveri1
sleevemebaby7781
swisskath

Oct 5:
rafc100
Suesloosinit

Oct 8:
Crystalmartin82
jhojho90

Oct 9:
bigcurt
mailchickie76

Oct 10:
busyforever
fandangle
MeeAhhh
oct102018

Oct 11:
aussie Ange
healthygirl05
kathy060464
UncleBeezy
willowfinely

Oct 12:
afer0841
zpratt

Oct 14:
katiemarie22

Oct 15:
allyb15
annaisbananas
JessLess
MegsNiko (or maybe the 17th?)
recreating_courtney

Oct 16:
2shea
beccaconaty87
br3n
Thisismytime

Oct 17:
Chello219
Grapefruit
JustKeepSwimming
OpsMatt

Oct 18:
shazz73

Oct 22:
clb164
kimberlymi
laceco
marciamae3474

Oct 23:
kdiddle31
mimi
tahoegirl96118

Oct 24:
Beachladee3
GirlShrinking
tuttlemomma

Oct 25:
AndreaK.
kiwiangel23

Oct 26:
carebear38
shany1567

Oct 29:
1BigHeart
jflower88
kjallen
nedawson1908
Rgiannos

Oct 30:
sleevegirl88

Oct 31:
relaxrelaterelease

My surgery date is Tuesday Oct 2, 2018, I am so excited to start this new chapter

Yare_2918 I pray everything goes smooth for you and I hope to be able to stay in touch through this Journey. How have you done on the pre-op diet. I actually found it to be easy. :)

1 minute ago, bmatt418 said:

Yare_2918 I pray everything goes smooth for you and I hope to be able to stay in touch through this Journey. How have you done on the pre-op diet. I actually found it to be easy. :)

Same to you @bmatt418 and yes we can stay in touch. My surgery is scheduled to be at 8am I live in Tampa Florida.

I'm not doing pre-op diet and I feel bad mentioning this since all of you guys are going through that process right now. I'm just eating healthy and tomorrow at night I have to use 2 fleets before bed time and another medicine the doctor ordered, also I have to drink 32oz of G2 4 hours before surgery and not eat anything after midnight. Those are my instructions pre-op.

October sound like a great group. Congrats to all. I had surgery 8/29/18 so today is my 1 month out. So glad I did it and you will be too. Trust your Doctors and the team. Remember sip sip sip walk walk walk. You can do this no worries:)

I'm on day 4 of liquids and have lost 6ish pounds. (I mean, on top of the three months of dieting.) If I can keep losing at this rate, I'll have hit my surgeon's "10% of starting body weight lost before surgery" goal before my surgery next Wednesday.

I got him to let me slide in at the beginning of flu season, whether I hit the goal or not, because I work in public service and get bronchitis every winter. Bronchitis would push my surgery back to ... like, April, maybe, by the time I got better and they got me back on the schedule.

But hitting the goal would still feel good.

Oh hey, just in case anyone else is feeling the chill in the air (northern hemisphere :)) and wanting some hot chocolate, you can do it with chocolate Protein powder: https://www.foodcoach.me/recipe/protein-hot-chocolate/

I used Fairlife milk instead of almond milk. (Nut allergy. Also almond milk has crappy environmental and protein profiles, so I probably wouldn't use it even if I could.) I also threw in some cinnamon and (shh, I don't know if this is 100% OK on the pre-op liquid diet) a splash of vanilla extract.

Hi All! Just checking in, as I start my 2 week pre-op liquid diet on Monday. I'm well stocked on Protein Drinks, powder, broths and teas and ready to get this over with!!! The countdown is on! One more day 'til October -- this is our month!!! :D

liquids.jpg