Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

LAST FEW DAYS BEFORE SURGERY---AM I TOTALLY READY?

27 minutes ago, insta_adventurer said:

Well, I had a robe, but the first 18 hours I was so hopped up on painkillers and so sore that I just gave zero effs about who saw my butt. 😂😂 However, I realize that most are probably much more modest and less of an exhibitionist than me 😂😂

My roommate luckily was my surgery buddy who is also someone I’m incredibly close with... I remember saying to her, “sorry you have to keep seeing my butt!”

I don't know how I managed to stay modest after having 4 kids, but I did. In fact, when you have twins, anyone who's not busy on the floor comes to watch. There were probably a dozen people with a bird-eye view of my hoo-ha, by the time I delivered. For all I know, even the custodian got an eye-full! :o

Edited by Orchids&Dragons

And to the Medical😷 Staff,a whole lot more fun than watching👀 magicians pull rabbits🐰out of a Hat!🎩

I grew up in a family that didn’t blush much about nudity. I mean, obviously we didn’t walk around naked, but being naked around family members of the same gender as you was not a big deal. Also- there was a big focus on “if you don’t like what you see then don’t look.”

I guess I figure medical professionals are, well professionals, and not phased by the naked body. 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

No but as a former,HEALTH Care participant, we are seldom phased but we are amazed at the fact,i we are made in a Creator's Image he must be diverse looking. We may chuckle, but to,a man or woman, we cherish our patients and are humbled by the opportunity to engage in their care and make their lives a little better.,
I once had a patient who while not feeling very well Said. "I must still matter to someone in this world for You are still caring for Me!" Yep even strong doctors and. nursescry when they are alone even if we act,professional while on duty! Under those strong shells lurks a human💓 heart.

3 hours ago, insta_adventurer said:

Well, I had a robe, but the first 18 hours I was so hopped up on painkillers and so sore that I just gave zero effs about who saw my butt. 😂😂 However, I realize that most are probably much more modest and less of an exhibitionist than me 😂😂

My roommate luckily was my surgery buddy who is also someone I’m incredibly close with... I remember saying to her, “sorry you have to keep seeing my butt!”

I wore two robes for that reason...one for my front, one for my back. Even though it was a bariatric wing they could see that one wasn't getting the job done...

Made using the bathroom an adventure, once it was time for that!

On 09/03/2018 at 14:12, Russ D said:

I wore two robes for that reason...one for my front, one for my back. Even though it was a bariatric wing they could see that one wasn't getting the job done...

Made using the bathroom an adventure, once it was time for that!

Yes! Annnnd putting the robe on was difficult with my IV, which was in an awful spot on my inner forearm.

I became more aware that I was making an ass out of myself as the drugs wore off. 🤦🏻‍♀️

1 minute ago, insta_adventurer said:

Yes! Annnnd putting the robe on was difficult with my IV, which was in an awful spot on my inner forearm.

I became more aware that I was making an ass out of myself as the drugs wore off. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Oh, lucky you, just one IV...I had one in BOTH arms...though fortunately the one on my right arm was in the side of my wrist, so I wasn't hindered as much using my Essential Life Support Device (AKA phone)...

On 09/02/2018 at 09:33, Frustr8 said:

Well the day has arrived , a day I feared would happen. it is now ONLY A FEW DAYS UNTIL MY SURGERY. Now I wonder, am I truly ready?

I have packed, repackaged everything. least twice,

I have gone back and re-read all the other postings for five,years.

Slacks- 1,2, or3 pair?

socks- shoud,i take any soft,ones or just b wear the non skid they provide in bed ?

I know the hospitals keep those,rooms cold.

Should I pack a bed. jacket, sweater. or carry a mictongiber or knitted poncho to,keep my shoulders warm?

Charger for my cell phone, is a 6 foot cord long enough or should I check Staples or Wal-Mart for,longer ones.? Make sure if I am going to work with what I have now, don't take the one that one that makes the boopity boop boop should if bumped while plugged in.

Do I also take my tablet or a paperback or two to read to alleviate boredom between walks.?

Disable wipes, do I assume they may have these or take my hypoallergenic ones? Will they laugh if they see the kiddy frogs?

A notebook and decent non-skipping pen so I can journal? PaperMates soy-based ink is good.

List,of phone # to call when surgery is done.There are 5 or 6 who asked to be called. And surprise, PCP gave my son his answering group # as well as his personal cell in,case Tomkitten had reports out of office hours.

And high school classmates, they sent an unexpected card, 10 signatures, 10 personal cellphone # And e'mail addresses! Was I wrong, did they actually like,the fat geeky nerd-girl I once was ? I sure didn't run around with the cheerleaders, majorettes and all the football teams girlfriends, I read, studied and stayed at home with my parents. Didn't even single-date until into college.

Former boy classmates came up and asked. at class- reunion, " Why didn't WE date you in school? you're such a nice person after all!" Finally told one of them, who I i had unrequited crush on back then. " I really wish,you all had,broke,my,poor late Mama's heart too!

Do you realize neither of the 2 Lesbians in the c o add ever asked me out either?" No don't try to kiss me NOW, you are 50some years too late.

Do,i take any makeup, well at,least lipstick,and shadow, or am I expected to,look like a large dog chewed me up and then barfed on me?

Hairbrush,comb, Shampoo, conditioner and soap. Will,i,be taking a shower there or waiting until I get home.

Which reminds me , better have,my shower chair and Squatty Potty in place for,my return. At least my landlord relented long enough to threaten eviction until later in the month.-----

Quite A Story There!

I have my GasX, will get my biotene, have,my slippers and robe in there.

My ID, wouldn't you think if they scheduled me for surgery they ought to KNOW who I am? It's not like this is a free tattoo,that people stand in,long lines for. And what have

I forgot? I forgotten my,insurance cards and a Medicine list, although those also should be on file. And it's not like I went out and bought supplements insurance from,Happy Henry's Insurance-a-Rama at the very last minute
I know I packed clothes and didn’t get to use them until discharge. They kept me in a hospital gown. And you will not be worried about what you look like during that time. You’re going to do great! I am so happy for you! Best wishes for a speedy recovery!!!

image-0.00202655792236328.jpg

dOh I must take,my red legal sized envelop containg the green Bracelet. the GOLDEN TICKET that guarantees,entrance to the sacred halls of the 8th floor Bariatric Unit with its attached operarating,theatres, BUT WHAT HAVE I FORGOTTEN ?
I packed super simple, the dress I wore to hospital (I also wore home) with a hoodie. I brought a battery charger, toothbrush/paste. I brought my tablet but honestly did not use anything I brought with me. My phone stayed bedside barely touched because the last thing on my mind was doing anything that involved a phone. When I was discharged the next day, I wore home the same outfit I had on for a total of 1 hour the day before. It was so much easier.

@frustr8 please don’t bring much, I just had my surgery 5 days ago, I brought a bag full of stuff, the only thing I did use was my phone charger, chap stick and slippers and that’s only because I didn’t want to get back in bed with the dirty socks on that they give you after walking, the hospital provided everything including a comb, which I never combed my hair, I just wasn’t up to it. I just ran my fingers through it a few times lol. I had surgery on a Wednesday morning and went home in the same dress that I wore there, Friday afternoon. I never even used my biotene, they gave me these cool mouth swabs on a stick that Was soaking in some kind of semi sweet liquid that I used when I awoke after surgery. the next day you can brush your teeth and the hospital provides toiletries as well.

You will do just fine...I wish you all the best huggsss

Than you Wanda you are so sweey, I love reading your posts. I honestly keep unpacking my mini duffle, pink camo and all. I started paring back items.😜

And now as I enter my Final 24 hours I am emotionally ready, secure,in my plans and decisions.
If, as the old saying says
IT AIN'T OVER UNTIL THE FAT LADY SINGS. listen as I burst into song 🎶listen for the words, listen for,the song , for this melody,is mine and mine alone!

1 hour ago, Frustr8 said:

And now as I enter my Final 24 hours I am emotionally ready, secure,in my plans and decisions.
IT AIN'T OVER UNTIL THE FAT LADY SINGS. listen as I burst into song 🎶listen for the words, listen for,the song , for this melody,is mine and mine alone!

We're all rooting for you!

It’s the final countdown!

https://youtu.be/TcJ-wNmazHQ

09/04/2018 05:41 AM, Frustr8 said:

Congratulations and speedy recovery. I don’t know you but you have been cheering everyone on since I been on here and now it’s our turn to cheer u on!