Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

40 something sleevers?

I am 44 was sleeved 7/26/18. I wish I had done this sooner! At 3 weeks and 2 days I have finally turned a corner and feel way better! My personality is back and my energy is much better! I even worked out today! Congratulations to everyone who started or is planning on starting their journey!!!

Rochelle38 when people show you who they are believe them. You were alone with them in your life you just didn’t know it, sometimes if not most it’s jealousy and for those that actually do care and just don’t understand they will either come around are they just weren’t meant to be on this journey with you, sometimes when GOD remove people from our lives we don’t understand it and it hurt but, in time you will be thankful that he (GOD) LOVES you enough to remove the Toxic ppl from your life. It’s like A non curable disease it can snatch the life right out of you don’t let it you’ll be fine and make new friends. Don’t worry be Happy 😃!

12 minutes ago, SummerEssence said:

Rochelle38 when people show you who they are believe them. You were alone with them in your life you just didn’t know it, sometimes if not most it’s jealousy and for those that actually do care and just don’t understand they will either come around are they just weren’t meant to be on this journey with you, sometimes when GOD remove people from our lives we don’t understand it and it hurt but, in time you will be thankful that he (GOD) LOVES you enough to remove the Toxic ppl from your life. It’s like A non curable disease it can ****** the life right out of you don’t let it you’ll be fine and make new friends. Don’t worry be Happy 😃!

Amen!

rochelle38

THERE ARE A LOT OF NICE PEOPLE ON HERE I HAVE FOUND AND WE ALL HAVE SOMETHING IN COMMON

MOST I HAVE CHATTED WITH HAVE BEEN VERY SUPPORTIVE AND POSITIVE AND GREAT CHEERLEADER FOR OUR CAUSE IM A NEWBIE COMPARED TO MOST JUST LOVE THE POSITIVE VIBE OF THIS FORUM :)

41. Sleeved on 4/25/18. Knocking on 80lbs loss total but in a brutal 2 week stall/ small gain.

I’d been thinking of going down this path for at least 3-5 years. Wish I’d done it earlier but know I wasn’t ready mentally for the changes.

So very glad I did it. Even if I stop here I’d be happy.

Hi all! I'm 44 and was sleeved 7/11/18. I am starting to see "new" wrinkles as I lose the weight which is freaking me out a little. I guess my fat face had one benefit! :P

5 minutes ago, thatch said:

Hi all! I'm 44 and was sleeved 7/11/18. I am starting to see "new" wrinkles as I lose the weight which is freaking me out a little. I guess my fat face had one benefit! :P

I can relate. I’m seeing wrinkles as well. How are you feeling @thatch? What is your diet like these days. I was sleeved July 10th

1 minute ago, Letsgetgoing2018 said:

I can relate. I’m seeing wrinkles as well. How are you feeling @thatch? What is your diet like these days. I was sleeved July 10th

Hey, @Letsgetgoing2018! I'm feeling pretty good. I had a week where I was just really, really depressed and wondering if I'd done the right thing with this surgery. I just was tired (already) of counting Protein grams and drinking Water and keeping track of Vitamins. Then something switched in my brain over the weekend and I'm back on track. I'm cooking again which I haven't been doing since long before the surgery and I've started adding strength training to my workouts.

My diet is still pretty much soft foods. I tried chicken nuggets on Saturday and they made me sick. :/ I made some baked tilapia with roasted tomatoes on Sunday and am enjoying those leftovers. Chili, Soups, smoothies, and soft meats cooked in the crockpot are still the mainstay of my diet. How about you?

1 minute ago, thatch said:

Hey, @Letsgetgoing2018! I'm feeling pretty good. I had a week where I was just really, really depressed and wondering if I'd done the right thing with this surgery. I just was tired (already) of counting Protein grams and drinking Water and keeping track of Vitamins. Then something switched in my brain over the weekend and I'm back on track. I'm cooking again which I haven't been doing since long before the surgery and I've started adding strength training to my workouts.

My diet is still pretty much soft foods. I tried chicken nuggets on Saturday and they made me sick. :/ I made some baked tilapia with roasted tomatoes on Sunday and am enjoying those leftovers. Chili, Soups, smoothies, and soft meats cooked in the crockpot are still the mainstay of my diet. How about you?

Glad to hear you’re back on track. I, too, have battled with the depression and second guessing but it’s just something I have to work on daily. Reminding myself why I had the surgery, how poor my health was, etc. I too am eating lots of soft chicken, meats, and other soft foods. Haven’t really tasted too many veges-a little nervous they won’t agree with my stomach. I’m working on exercising more. But I’m losing. About 2lbs a week. Glad to hear you’re doing well....keep in touch!

3 minutes ago, Letsgetgoing2018 said:

Glad to hear you’re back on track. I, too, have battled with the depression and second guessing but it’s just something I have to work on daily. Reminding myself why I had the surgery, how poor my health was, etc. I too am eating lots of soft chicken, meats, and other soft foods. Haven’t really tasted too many veges-a little nervous they won’t agree with my stomach. I’m working on exercising more. But I’m losing. About 2lbs a week. Glad to hear you’re doing well....keep in touch!

Sorry to hear you've been depressed. I am seeing my therapist in September to talk about my issues and in the meantime just trying to focus on doing the right thing one day at a time.

I was nervous about veggies, too. Cooked tomatoes, spinach, and soft peppers are all I've been brave enough to eat. Haven't had a problem with any of them but the quantities are really small. Glad you're losing 2lbs a week, that's great!

Just now, thatch said:

Sorry to hear you've been depressed. I am seeing my therapist in September to talk about my issues and in the meantime just trying to focus on doing the right thing one day at a time.

I was nervous about veggies, too. Cooked tomatoes, spinach, and soft peppers are all I've been brave enough to eat. Haven't had a problem with any of them but the quantities are really small. Glad you're losing 2lbs a week, that's great!

Yeah. I was hoping to have lost more but I’ll take it. I too am going to therapy. One day at a time..what kind of exercising are you doing? Do you still get pains in your belly? Last night I had bad pains deep inside my belly. I’m sure everything is working on healing.

1 minute ago, Letsgetgoing2018 said:

Yeah. I was hoping to have lost more but I’ll take it. I too am going to therapy. One day at a time..what kind of exercising are you doing? Do you still get pains in your belly? Last night I had bad pains deep inside my belly. I’m sure everything is working on healing.

My belly pain stopped about two weeks ago, thought I still get twinges. Yesterday I was doing some planks and it felt like it was pulling in that same area that was painful so maybe I hold off on ab exercises for a bit longer. I'm working out with resistance bands. Mostly arm stuff as my legs are pretty strong from walking 3 miles a day. Bicep curls, shoulder raises, pushups against the wall, etc.

2 minutes ago, thatch said:

My belly pain stopped about two weeks ago, thought I still get twinges. Yesterday I was doing some planks and it felt like it was pulling in that same area that was painful so maybe I hold off on ab exercises for a bit longer. I'm working out with resistance bands. Mostly arm stuff as my legs are pretty strong from walking 3 miles a day. Bicep curls, shoulder raises, pushups against the wall, etc.

Good for you. I’ve got to ramp up my exercising a bit. Right now I’m just walking. Have been exhausted. Sounds like you’re doing so well.....very happy for you. Keep in touch!