Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have about 4 months left before I am eligible for surgery (12-month insurance requirement, ugh!) and I have been reading about rewards for meeting certain weight loss milestones. Right now I have an idea of rewards I want for specific markers below. I gave myself a couple of options for each depending on money/availability at the time. For those who have visualized their goals this way, what are your rewards?

-15: Buy Fresh Flowers or a new perfume

-25: New Gym outfit or buy a premium app on my phone

-35: Massage, New hairstyle or buy a piece of artwork

-50: Hockey Game, Glass Blowing or Pottery class

-60: New Purse, flotation therapy or a new pair of nice headphones

-75: Burn my fat clothes and host a dinner

-85: Weekend out of town trip or Run a 10k

-104 (total goal): Get my 1st tattoo or a spin bike and getting a new license photo

I love this idea! I tried this a long, long time ago on one of my many failed weight loss plans. (when I gave up at the 10-15 lb mark) I think I'll resurrect it just in time for my surgery tomorrow! I tend to prefer fashion, spa or skincare incentives - looks like you have plenty of those already. Travel is at the top of my list right now - we're taking our kids to Disneyland for the first time next August (ages 6 & 9) since I'll be able to fit on the rides for the first time since their adoption. Hubby and I are planning a trip to Kauai for our anniversary next December as well. I think I'll make my goals small items that I'll need for those trips.

Also plan to steal some of your great ideas - especially the fitness related ones!

oops double post

Edited by Naughty Glitter Goddess
oops double post

I like your list! I have had a tough time finding non-food rewards, but, though my interests are quite different, your list has helped me expand my scope.

I'm looking forward to seeing other lists!

-5 a paperback novel or self-help book
-10 CD of your favorite artist or Google Play card

At 100 pounds lost I bought myself a fancy new purse.

Last weekend I bought another.

The weekend before that I finally bought a new snazzy watch because I could slide mine off without unfastening it.

This week its my birthday and I’ve bought some new tops, a pair of earrings, and I plan on getting a massage and a haircut.

Let the gifts keep coming! :1296_raised_hands_tone2:

We deserve it!

A friend of mine doing her own weight loss thing is buying her self a sticker to put on her water bottle for every 5 pounds. I've got to be thrifty, so right now I'm leaning towards something like that. I love the skin care and salon idea's too!

Oh man I had this idea at first but now I am buying everything in sight & rewarding myself a lot lol.

When I hit 100 lbs lost I want to do a photo shoot though to Celebrate. And husband said it’s be nice to take a big trip to celebrate and Italy may be it! Hopefully by end of year I can hit it and we can head to Europe by spring

This is a nice idea. I don't know if I'll do a bunch of rewards, though my grandmother did a charm Bracelet when she lost a bunch of weight. That kind of appeals to me. I might do that.

I do have a couple of milestones in mind, though:

• when I hit 250 lbs - get myself a bike (or maybe I will wait until 220 and get myself a folding bike!)
    • and then I train on that bike until I can do one of those bike tours around another country!
  • no specific weight, but surely by next summer - go kayaking at the local kayak rental place because my butt won't be too big anymore :D
  • somewhere under 200 - actually go to that other country

Hmm. I feel like there were other things I wanted to do that had weight limits attached. (Like maybe going on a hot air balloon ride or a zipline/ropes course. Then again, even at a lower weight, I'll still be a chicken.) Honestly, though? At 250, I think I'll be able to do almost everything I want to, except for being able to fold up a bike. Any loss beyond that is just ... some non-food metaphor that means "super great and very welcome, but not strictly necessary." ;)

I might need to lose a bit more than that to feel really comfortable going to an amusement park, say, but that's usually more about size than weight. (I Googled, and Cedar Point has 1-2 adult rides with a weight limit of 220; most rides with limits are much higher.)

If I ever want to go snowshoeing, weighing less would be super helpful, to get women's snowshoes. ?

But, yeah. Maybe a bracelet charm every 10 pounds. That seems really nice.

How about a t-shirt with a bluebird on it, to show the world you aren't as Cranky a Magpie as you once were.

3 hours ago, Bryn910 said:

Oh man I had this idea at first but now I am buying everything in sight & rewarding myself a lot lol.

When I hit 100 lbs lost I want to do a photo shoot though to Celebrate. And husband said it’s be nice to take a big trip to Celebrate and Italy may be it! Hopefully by end of year I can hit it and we can head to Europe by spring

I'd recommend Europe in late spring these days... Weather has been so unpredictable it may feel more like winter in early spring...

7 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

I'd recommend Europe in late spring these days... Weather has been so unpredictable it may feel more like winter in early spring...

Thank you! This is good advice :)