Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@KimTriesRNY. Have you ever gotten lost? I think the topic triggered something in me. I don't usually veer off course like this. I knew kingcake was referring to acute pain, but it was too late. Triggers happen. Sorry if I hijacked your thread, kingcake, with my nonsensical ramblings. I was no help to you at all. I'd delete my post if I could.

Perhaps I should take a break from this forum and regroup. I've really been feeling down lately.

Edited by Missouri-Lee's Summit

Somehow the question took a left turn. I realize that people have different tolerance levels for surgery. I’m an rn x 30 years. I just wanted to get somewhat of an idea. After I had gotten the sleeve I felt like I was hit by a truck and that feeling lasted for 24 hours. After that it got better rapidly. I was trying to get a feeling if the bypass recovery is similar.

@ Kingcake, if you can wait less than a month, on September 5th i, the about oldest Bariatric Pal active on BP, will tell you in my verbose way my RnY😷 surgery experiences. I do have a way with words (fuf,i do say so) even though my dexerity at texting is maybe C×, my,problem is my fingers go at a sedate 45 mph, my brain is out at the Bonneville salt Flats setting a land speed record. But cross,my heart and,the,promise to have to drink,Protein shakes into infinity, I WILL Tell All. Okay my friend?

5 hours ago, Missouri-Lee's Summit said:

@KimTriesRNY. Have you ever gotten lost? I think the topic triggered something in me. I don't usually veer off course like this. I knew kingcake was referring to acute pain, but it was too late. Triggers happen. Sorry if I hijacked your thread, kingcake, with my nonsensical ramblings. I was no help to you at all. I'd delete my post if I could.

Perhaps I should take a break from this forum and regroup. I've really been feeling down lately.

Of course I have, I think we all have. I think it’s a normal part of this process. We are all going through a lot of changes and have a lot of emotions to deal with. Add into the mix all the hormones going crazy with the weight loss and it can be hard to predict what mood you will be in from moment to moment sometimes.

My post wasn’t meant to be harsh, although I am a person that tends to be rather blunt.

If you need to rant and rave, join us over in rants and raves.

We all need somewhere to vent when we get down.

I truly hope you are feeling better soon.