Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone from upstate NY?

Wondering if there is anyone on the boards from upstate (Orange County) to be a support buddy.

6 hours ago, Daisy's said:

I'm from orange county

Hi daisy-where did you have your surgery? I had mine at orange regional in Middletown.

Me too!!! Well I will be having it on the 30th of this month. Who was your doctor

2 minutes ago, Daisy's said:

How are you feeling? How was your recovery?

I had doctor malhoutra from crystal run. I’m almost a year out. Feeling good. Had an issue with Hair loss but other than that no complications. Been doing really well. Curious to know if he’s your doctor too. Dr Judd is also with him.

So many questions for you!!! What do they do on day of surgery I'm asking cause I quit smoking and passed my nicotine test but I fell of the wagon yesterday and had 2 cigarette would they test me again do u know

Wow! He’s great. Very thorough and a good surgeon. You’ll be in good hands. I’m here as a buddy if you want....are you done with all your pre op testing? Did you have a sleep study? I had one and they found sleep apnea but I’m off my Cpap now.

Just now, Daisy's said:

So many questions for you!!! What do they do on day of surgery I'm asking cause I quit smoking and passed my nicotine test but I fell of the wagon yesterday and had 2 cigarette would they test me again do u know

I don’t think they retest you. They didn’t test me. I quit shortly before surgery. All will be fine. Feel free to ask me whatever you want.

I did everything and no didnt have to do a sleep apnea test but everything is done just waiting on my surgery

What about coffee my nutritionist told me since I only drink one cup a day I can still drink it bit I forgot to ask her about the sugar

Yes. I’m here for you. I relied on these boards a lot before and after surgery. Don’t let the horror stories scare you. The downside is rare-it will be okay. I was terrified and almost backed out but people on these boards kept me going. I was prediabetic and 250 lbs. I am down to about 180. I sometimes fall off the wagon and eat things I shouldn’t and have to start exercising more now that spring is here but I’m doing well. You will do well too. Take your Vitamins and follow the plan and the weight will come off.

I drink regular coffee. One to two cups a day. Usually one. I have had no problems.