Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Year's Resolution

KUGirl.... Exciting time! Keep me posted on how your doing.

Have you tried his forum on yahoo?

Yes I do check it out occassionally.

Who is your cooridinator?

Hello all,

I will finally be banded on Jan 3rd of 08. This has been a long journey so far. I started researching in Jan of 07, had a surgery date of Aug 30. A day before my surgery the Anathesiaologist canceled my surgery. I know have to get my self excited again and get my mind and body ready all over again. I am here to tell you that being on a two week liquid diet is no fun only to have the surgery canceled. I lost 24 lbs during the two weeks but have gained it all back. TALK ABOUT DISSAPOINTMENT. I ate everything in sight for about a week. I am slowly getting back on the right path and getting geared up for the surgery. Good luck to all the other Jan banders.

Got my appointment for my initial consultation. Dec 12th.

I am so heavy I started a liquid diet, hoping he won't make me do too many weeks after the visit of this in order to have the surgery.

two nights ago I started, and had a low cab shake, yesterday I had one for Breakfast, a chicken sandwish for lunch and a shake for diner, and lots of Water.

Today I wanted to do 2 meals liquid and one solid,, I was doing ok until a horrible headache hit me, and I had a cup of spaggeti. I was probably hungry since the sandwish I made for lunch, my daughter stold part of it. I will still have a shake here soon to get enough calories in, and tomorrow I take the main meal off to have some turkey :hungry: with my family.

I called my doctors for medical records and will pick them up next week. filled all the paperwork and diet history they want.

I am also keeping record of all I eat between now and the appointment to show I am serious about this.

Geesh, you would think I am getting to relocate ha,, well maybe, into a new body :)

WOWOX7,

Congrats on getting a new surgery date! As of right now, I think you are the first Jan 08 surgery!

I can imagine how disappointing it is to have gone through so much and then to have it canceled. I think of it this way, obviously the Dr. felt that your health could could compromise the surgery and who knows what could have gone wrong. Now this time it will hopefully be a successful and uneventful surgery!(The way we like it). Now you're only 6 weeks away!!

but I do have a date with the surgeon on January 4th!!! I will be in the office for about 5 hours going over everything, signing papers, and meeting with the dietician again to get on the liquid diet. Surgery usually follows about 2 weeks later...I hope.

Hello everyone...

I met with the surgeon. I have my psych eval next Monday...next Wed I go to the mandatory support meeting, then on Dec 12 Pre-op testing ...but due to people trying to cram in by Dec 31st I have to wait Until Jan 2 to meet with the dietician. but if all goes well I should be able to submit to insurance and hopefully receive approval and have a date for january!!!! I am so excited.

ok, i went this weekend to t.j. for my consults with two docs. after thinking about it all saturday afternoon and today sunday AND discussing it with my mom (she's my support system and went with me) i have decided to go with Dr. Kuri!!! :bounce:i haven't settled on a january date just yet, but hopfully the week of 1/7 or 1/14. don't know, but what i do know is this is getting really exciting, can't wait for this journey to finally begin...

Hi all. I'm scheduled for surgery on January 17th. Going to do my tests this Saturday. Starting to get VERY nervous and feeling a bit guilty as I'm self pay, basically I started wondering if I can do it by myself (for the umpteenth time) instead of spending all this money!

I just read Lapband for Life by Dr. Ortiz and thought it was a great guide.

Hi....

I called the doctor's office as did as some1 recommended and explained will have everything except meeting with the dietician by dec 15. She took my info and will be speaking to the dietician to see if she can squeeze me in or give me an appt when someone else cancels.

I can't wait for a call back!!

Greetings Team! I am scheduled for January 7. Have been researching since June and I am ready to go! I have been eating entirely too much since deciding to go through with this. :hungry: Gotta stop that! Not looking forward to the pre-op diet. Keep in touch!

Jim

One month to go for us, Jim!! We'll be banded the same day! Hooooray!

Sweet-- it's coming fast and I still wonder what the heck I'm doing to myself (and what else all that money could be spent on). But, I watch my friend (banded last February) continue to shrink day by day and I know I need to do this.

I am having my labs done Monday and then a second meeting with the surgeon in a couple of weeks. I guess the pre-op diet will start 12/28. How about you?

Jim

Sweet-- it's coming fast and I still wonder what the heck I'm doing to myself (and what else all that money could be spent on). But, I watch my friend (banded last February) continue to shrink day by day and I know I need to do this.

I am having my labs done Monday and then a second meeting with the surgeon in a couple of weeks. I guess the pre-op diet will start 12/28. How about you?

Jim

I know, I know...it's a lot of money. I'm assuming you are self pay too. I'm currently in grad school and I'm just looking at it as an extra semester of school! lol. I go in for Pre-Surgical testing and whatnot on Dec. 27th. My pre-op diet is set to begin Dec. 24th! Of all days! Oh well, I'm just thinking if I can make it over Christmas with just liquids and Protein shakes...the rest of this journey will be a piece of cake (excuse the pun!) I'm excited though! Good luck on Monday! Hope everything goes well for you.

Min,

I am getting banded Jan 2nd, too!! I am so excited. I have to get these last few pounds off, though. I thought about putting myself on a liquid diet--it isn't a requirement here. I am excited for all of us!!

I am counting down the days. Going skiing with the kids right after Christmas then coming home for a few days and off to see Dr. Kuri!!!! YEAH!!! I just keep thinking next year for our ski trip it will not be so hard for me to keep up!!!! LOL!!!

Well, I found out today that I am going to be having my surgery January 7th. I think I might be in a bit of shock! haha Last time I spoke to anyone at my surgeons office, they told me they were scheduling for February and to wait for my letter to come in the mail. My letter arrived today and WOWZER!! I only have 26 days left til surgery! I'm SO excited. I'm looking forward to talking with many of you as we go through this journey together! CallMeJim and comepickmeup.... YIPPEE we have the same surgery day!!