Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I bought my little Cheez Its again I just cant stay away from them

3 hours ago, sillykitty said:

Well, they may not be "the worst", but I don't beleive you received sound advice.

Each 1.5 oz bag is:

220 calories

25 g carbs

11 g fat

5 g Protein

No matter what the rest of your diet is, these should be at most an occasional indulgence, not up to 2 bags a day.

Thank you for your comments and advice.

On 8/4/2018 at 7:45 AM, apositivelife4me said:

I bought two boxes of 36 pouches each from Amazon. I am addicted to them. HELP.

Seriously check out the Cheddar Moon Cheese. They taste EXACTLY like Cheez Its and are just cheese, no extra junk!

Can't believe you brought up Cheezits- I'm 5 days after surgery and they are "calling my name"😖😖😖

2 minutes ago, Kcoley said:

Can't believe you brought up Cheezits- I'm 5 days after surgery and they are "calling my name"😖😖😖

Dont give in to them. They will take you off of your focus.

Edited by apositivelife4me

Eat what you like Just remember what you eat will make or break you... It's your choice at the end of the day. You have to worry about your weight. You know how discipline you need to be. So here's to you enjoying your favorite snack *raises Protein Shake *

Find a recipe to make your own! Use a flour with a low glycemic index, REAL cheese, REAL BUTTER. Throw some Protein Powder in to boot. You can make them a much healthier snack by doing that.
https://realfoodrn.com/gluten-free-cheez-it-crackers/

9 minutes ago, KCgirl061 said:

Find a recipe to make your own! Use a flour with a low glycemic index, REAL cheese, REAL BUTTER. Throw some Protein Powder in to boot. You can make them a much healthier snack by doing that.
https://realfoodrn.com/gluten-free-cheez-it-crackers/

Thanks a mil!

On 8/8/2018 at 9:18 AM, sillykitty said:

Have you considered therapy? You want one thing ... weight loss. But your actions are in direct contradiction to that. You may need help overcoming those issues.

I am in therapy. I have been in therapy for 8 years now.

Try these: https://shop.kaysnaturals.com/gluten-free-low-carb-white-cheddar-cheese-puffs-p/o-wck-s.htm

They don't have the same consistency as crackers, but they are tasty and crunchy for those times when you need that type of snack. You can sometimes find them cheaper on other sites, I've gotten them on Amazon in the past.

Take it from someone with experience, this can become dangerous territory of you let it.

I lost and maintained my weight farily easily by mostly eating clean, non processed food for years. I say mostly because I followed an 80/20 rule. Straight and narrow 80% of the time, other splurges 20% of the time.

Only when I allowed those splurges more often, which happened to include crap like Cheez Its, did I start to gain. It's no coincidence. It's also no coincidence my splurges turned into binges. After all, why would WLS change my disordered eating? If I could moderate to begin with, why did I need surgery at all?

Don't waste your precious tummy real estate on processed crap. Find fresh, more nutritious Snacks (LOVE the parmesan chip idea!) and you pretty much can't go wrong. We didn't get fat eating fruit, nuts, veggies and parmesan chips. Most of us got fat eating stuff like Cheez Its, too much bread, processed sugar and fast food.

IF you are one of the lucky ones who is over *5 years post op who CAN moderate that stuff, good on you! I'm jelly, because I can't 😁.

* I say over 5 years post op because let's be honest, moderating is easier the first few years post op with the good restriction and decreased hunger. Those things are only temporary.

On 08/08/2018 at 11:53, sillykitty said:

Well, they may not be "the worst", but I don't beleive you received sound advice.

Each 1.5 oz bag is:

220 calories

25 g carbs

11 g fat

5 g Protein

No matter what the rest of your diet is, these should be at most an occasional indulgence, not up to 2 bags a day.

My nutritionist said if you add a zero behind the Protein and the calories exceed that number then don’t eat it... I’ve used this theory while shopping and it has helped

On 8/12/2018 at 12:00 PM, Greensleevie said:

After all, why would WLS change my disordered eating?

No truer words were written.