Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I bought my little Cheez Its again I just cant stay away from them

3 hours ago, Krizwilliams said:

I was told that they aren't bad for you just to buy the box with individual packs and limit myself to 2 packs a day at most. As long as you are exercising and eating otherwise healthy they're not the worst you could be eating!

Well, they may not be "the worst", but I don't beleive you received sound advice.

Each 1.5 oz bag is:

220 calories

25 g carbs

11 g fat

5 g Protein

No matter what the rest of your diet is, these should be at most an occasional indulgence, not up to 2 bags a day.

3 hours ago, apositivelife4me said:

Surprisingly they have 5 grams of Protein per little packet.

At the end of the day you and only you know if eating any "no no" foods are for you or will result in a habit or cause damage to your goal. I workout enough to take in a lil more calories than normal. Talk with your nutritionist about everything not people on so many different paths. I will give an example. I got advice from a bypass post-op person that said to eat pickles when my stomach was upset. Well it caused me to get gastritis really bad which I'm still fighting. When I should've discussed it with a Dr.

I wish you the best!

3 hours ago, apositivelife4me said:

Surprisingly they have 5 grams of Protein per little packet.

@apositivelife4me

You ask for help in your first post. You ignore @Orchids&Dragons suggestion to donate them, and now you are defending your choice. You posted asking about buying dates, and then despite most advice, you bought them anyway. And then there were your Irish coffees, and that's just what you have posted about.

Some people can have success despite not following a traditional plan. But since you also posted you have lost 23 lbs in 3 months and you regret your surgery, it doesn't sound like you're one of them.

Instead of posting your poor choices and then defending them, why not use the resources of this board to get on track and actually have a successful WLS outcome?

5 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

Each 1.5 oz bag is:

220 calories

25 g carbs

11 g fat

5 g Protein

Not that I'm at the stage where I can eat these anyway, well I guess I could suck on them and have my spit turn them to mush = mushy foods??? Anyway, right now I've been able to get up to 500ish calories a day. So that would be 440 out of 500 calories and a whopping 10g or Protein to go towards my 85g daily intake suggested by my program. Even if your on a 1200calorie diet, that's more than a third of your intake for the day.

I never ate the individual packets. It was always a box and probably at least half of it in one sitting. Just a normal thing in my everyday life with every type of food. No limit and what did it matter if I was full.

I never thought like this before but it is a trip realizing all the stupid things I have to learn not to do again. What crazy world we've come to live in.....

2 minutes ago, apositivelife4me said:

Well said Silly Kitty. I appreciate your advice. I am not going to give my food away> I am instead going to be moderate with my daily food choices.

But are you sincerely able to do this? How quickly did you go through the first 36 ct box? You had intended to moderate that first box as well, right? You seem determined to self sabotage.

Dont be too hard on me Silly Kitty I have been through alot. I know that I need to make immediate changes in my direction that I am going with my weight program. I have a gym membership and have not gone for a month. That has alot to do with my attitude and decisions.

Have you considered therapy? You want one thing ... weight loss. But your actions are in direct contradiction to that. You may need help overcoming those issues.

23 minutes ago, apositivelife4me said:

Dont be too hard on me Silly Kitty I have been through alot. I know that I need to make immediate changes in my direction that I am going with my weight program. I have a gym membership and have not gone for a month. That has alot to do with my attitude and decisions.

Can you store them at your gym as incentive for going? Can you stop buying bulk items that will potentially ruin your goals.

Have you seen your NUT or team and asked for additional supports like group meetings or a revised plan to accommodate your lifestyle? If you want to be successful you really need to make some changes and the sooner the better. I don't know if you heard this info but we have a honeymoon period of weight loss where its almost effortless then afterwards you have to fight for every pound lost. You may be squandering your opportunity by indulging in things that won't help with weight loss.

Edited by GreenTealael

8 minutes ago, apositivelife4me said:

Sucks your in a rut. We all know it's not easy but being here on this site should be your time to gain support and guidance. If you need help reach out man, send me a PM and I'll do what I can to help. I'm by far perfect at this **** but the motivation I get from this place helps me so much. It's not only the "I've done it" posts it's the "why did I do this" or "I can't do this anymore" posts as well. Try to keep things in perspective, all points of view. I try to learn from EVERYTHING I read here, other articles I read and videos I watch. I don't think I've read the posts @sillykitty mentioned so I can't comment on those but like I said man, post those question, concerns ask for guidance where you need it.

We all have 'a lot going on', every single one of us has turned to food to sooth or 'fix' something. But it fixes NOTHING, NADA, ZILCH!!! You are using it as a crutch or excuse. And please - giving food away excuse, you already spent the money, it's gone, if you can't afford to buy them, don't buy them. There is no shortage of food, you do not need these.

3oz turkey 24gr Protein 146 calories

1 egg 6gr pr 78 cals

1/2 c cottage cheese 13 gr pr 82 cals

1/2 tuna 20gr pr 90 cals

6oz greek yogurt 17gr pr 100 cals

I survived three years of abuse and four years of recovering from that on top of other things in life. I kept eating to cope and excused myself with "I'm going through a hard time, I can treat myself." All it did was make me forget my problems for a minute instead of solving it and I gained over a hundred pounds. I went from a college athlete to 343 pounds.

I'm sharing this experience as a warning of what kind of road that mentality leads too. I know you're having a hard time and I'm sorry for this, but life is constantly going to do this. If we don't find better ways to cope it will just lead to morbid obesity and unresolved unhappiness.

And Morbid Obesity is a Sad Lonely Land to live in. I might wish it on my worst enemies, but never on my friends, indeed anyone I 💘.And I have lived there so long it is going to take the dynamite,of Major Surgery to set me free and I still am not sure what wounds I may still have.
There are no lead-pipes cinches, no airtight guarantees, Life is a learning process, you play the hand you are dealt and hope it will always trump DEATH.👶👧👩👵

On 8/4/2018 at 7:45 AM, apositivelife4me said:

I bought two boxes of 36 pouches each from Amazon. I am addicted to them. HELP.

Have you tried Parmesan crackers/chips yet?

40 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Have you tried Parmesan crackers/chips yet?

These are really good! I don't eat them much but they're my go-to when I want something crunchy to dip in hummus. The problem with cheezits and other crackers/chips are the fact that they are slider foods. I can eat way too many and not feel restriction at all so I don't have them in the house.