Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre op, I did 4 months of low carb, high Protein. Lost 45lbs. Then two weeks of liquid diet, lost 10lbs more. Premier shakes have been 2/3 of my consumption for the last 4 months. But I’m someone who could eat the same meal for every meal for years. Creature of habit. The liquid diet was an adjustment, but I stopped being miserable after day 3 and my body fully adjusted to just being tired but not feeling bad by day 7. I’m now 3 days post op. No hunger, mild pain, no nausea, biggest struggle is keeping up with meds and how gross crushed pills are. Honestly, the diet seems tough during the first few days, but if you aren’t 100% committed to a complete change, none of it is worth it. Good luck!

I liked Premiere Protein Shakes the best also. I added about 1/3 skim milk because they were so syrupy sweet. costco prices were more affordable than Target. I think it's important to know what shakes you can stand to drink ahead of time. My pre-op diet was 10 days of sugar free Jello, broth, shakes, sugar free popsicles, and other Clear Liquids. I figured I can do just about anything for 10 days. Then after surgery for 2 weeks, it was more Protein shakes, sugar free jello, sugar free popsicles, runny Cream of Wheat, Greek yogurt, and Cream of Tomato Soup. It's kind of comical how quickly you fill up after surgery. 2 tablespoons of Soup and I'd be full. I didn't like Cream of Wheat prior to surgery, but I became so bored with what few options I had, I expanded. Good luck!

Congratulations on getting sleeved! I was sleeved on the 23rd. I did not nor have I experienced any nausea at all. I felt the pressure in my chest pretty bad the first few days. It is a lot better now. I only had major pain at the biggest incision site where the stomach came out of. I am happy to say the pain is much better and do not have to take the pain meds. I have the Gummy Multivitamins and was instructed to start taking them along with the calcium citrate my 2nd week. The Vitamin B12 was started right after I was discharged.

I'm gonna ask a weird and possibly gross question here. I know everyone is different

When you were doing the pre-op diet and now the post op diet, how were your bowl movements? Like soft, runny?

Sorry for the gross question but I'm very curious.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches