Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For those with a 10cc Band

Well I just got home from my appointment and it was not good. They had to stick me like 7 different times because each time they went in they thought that they were not in because they could not pull any Fluid out. Finally they brought in another Dr. and he got in good and was able to pull out 1.6cc even thogh I was supposed to have 4cc in already. So then they decided to add aother 4ccs for a total of 5.6cc. NOT GOOD! I was so tight that I could not even get down one sip of Water. I threw up and was in really bad pain. So then they decided to take some out. They took 2 ccs out and I was able to get the water down. So now we are not sure if I have 3.6ccs or 6 ccs in my band. It was a pretty traumatic day, but I am still hoping that I have some restriction.

Ouch! I hope you feel better, and that your next fill is more comfortable, or that you won't need another fill.

Thanks for sharing your story.

Good luck.

Sue

When I went in yesterday to get my unfil, the nurse pulled out 1.6 cc even though I had 3.6 put in. She said that often 1-2 cc of the first fill gets absorbed into the body.

When I went in yesterday to get my unfil, the nurse pulled out 1.6 cc even though I had 3.6 put in. She said that often 1-2 cc of the first fill gets absorbed into the body.

That makes me feel a bit better, my doctors were kind of acting like it mysteriously diappeared or it was in the line and not the band.

Well I definitely have restriction finally. I ate two bites of my Breakfast this morning and could barely hold it down. For lunch I had a half of a bowl of Soup and was very full from that. I plan to have the other half for dinner. Now I am worried that I am not going to get enough food.

Never satisfied I tell ya. :)

I got 1.5 cc's about six weeks after being banded and last Monday I got another 1.5 cc's..... I still have no restriction even with a total of 3cc's in a 10 cc band. I have heard that sometimes fills takes a couple weeks to kick in so I am hoping that will be the case for me otherwise I am going in for another one early next month.

I was banded on 8/10/07 and have lost 29 lbs. It has been a slow road thus far. I think I am finally at my sweet spot. My Dr. is very agressive with the fills and I am filled with 7cc's....I barely want to eat- I usually dont eat a meal during the day and just have dinner. I drink my Protein Shakes to get my nutrition as well as taking my Vitamins. I was at a stand still for a while and now I am down 4lbs since my last fill less than 2 weeks ago so I am excited. SO for all of you who are frustrated, just as I was, be positive, it will happen!!!! Happy Thanksgiving to all!

I have new sz. small, 10 cc band: banded in Dallas, Sept. 13, 07 Dr. Felts. Loss 25 lbs. 198/173/135 stats. Left surgery with 5.5 in band, added .7 cc on first fill. 2nd fill to a total of 7.2 sometimes feel intense restriction then other days, nothing. It took about 4 days to feel some restriction. Will go for 3rd fill Nov 28th. I am definitely on the slow-loser track but I am losing so I'll take that b/c I am 64 and feel a sluggish metabolism b/c of age, thyroid, 6 grandkids, lol!!! Loving the band.

went in today for a fill as I am hungry all the time now. the surgeon did not give me a fill the last 2 times first time because I had lost 12 lbs in a month and the next (2 weeks ago) because of reflux the reflux ended up being caused by the large un crushable pills I had to take and am now off of, one of which surgeon wishes I were still on (metiformin). He commented on the fact that I am his only patient with the APS band with so little fill and had continued to lose weight, 34 since banded 20 before. I now have 2 cc in my 10cc band with instructions to come back in a month if not sooner if still feeling hungry. got the impression that he expects to see me back. we will see how this fill goes

I had my first fill on Tuesday. 1cc in my 10cc band. I was really at a stanstill with no restriction throughout most of November, but this week I'm back in the game. I've managed to lose 72.5 lbs in just over 4 months, so I guess I'm doing something right, but when that head hunger gets me, it's tough. I also have to get with the excercise more, but my doctor told me that his best patients didnt' come in expecting a fill, and that with my progress they wanted me to consider advertising for them! He also said in terms of fills that it's mostly a mental battle. I think he is right on this because last month when I realized that I could "get away" with eating more food, more often, it was difficult to stop. But after this fill, even though it is just 1cc, I remind myself that I could seriously damage my body, band, port, etc. if I don't follow the rules. If I psych myself out that I'm doing the right thing for my new stomach, it tends to work.