Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For those with a 10cc Band

How many ccs have you had put in at your fills and are you feeling restriction?

I had 4 ccs on my first (and only) fill and I have no restriction at all. I have been reading a lot of the posts for those with 10 cc bands and it seems that many are not feeling restriction. I would like to know how our group is doing with the 10 cc band.

Thanks for sharing.

I have 1.5 in my 10cc band the only time I have felt restriction is this month on my monthly. last month on it no restriction was felt. went in for second fill and had lost 12 pounds so no fill. my surgeon says don't think about the size of the band pay attention to what you are eating and how much you are losing because like a tire you can over fill the band so it may say 10cc but can hold more. good luck

I was banded on 2/12/07, have 8 cc and finally have some restriction. It has taken a long time to get to this point. The weight loss has been slow, but at least it's coming off. I'm down about 46 pounds since the surgery.

How in the hec did you lose 51 pounds with no restriction??

THAT IS FANTASTIC! CONGRATS!

watching what I eat, how much I eat and they put me on Topamax for my Migraines that had gotten out of control. the med does not suppress my appetite, so I am not sure how the weight is coming off. the other thing is going to the gym and working out lots of cardio, some strength but mostly cardio right now. I am at a stand still as I am on monthly but hopefully the scale will start moving again soon. ohh and lots of Water. sometimes i feel like i am drowning in it. I just make sure not to drink until 45 min after eating. my biggest problem is losing hair right now even when getting 80+grams Protein a day. I know it will stop but sometimes I feel like I will have no hair by the time that it does stop.

good luck everyone

and thanks

Same thing with me - I've been working VERY VERY hard.

I log all my food on fitday.com and plan my meals. I've also been working out a lot which has made a huge difference! (although since getting back from vacation almost 2 weeks ago I have been slacking BIG time :phanvan )

I really had to beg for a fill the other day because I've been losing so well my doc didn't want to do it. errrrrrrrrrr!!

I have 1.5cc added in my first fill. I have my second fill tomorrow....Zero retriction so far! But I have managed to lose 34 pounds since surgery. It has been a lot of work! I am hoping for some assistance from this tool after the fill tomorrow! Wish me luck!

Val

I have a 10cc put in on August 6th 07.

My doc said it was tight when he put it in so i might not need that much fill. Fist fill 2cc. felt something right away. Second fill 1cc total 3cc have restriction but not quite enogh.

Third fill will be today. yahhhh.

Melissa:

I have a 10cc band, got it end of July, and I've only had one fill of 1cc. My Dr. is very conservative when it comes to fills. Last time I went he said no fill, still losing well, maybe next month. I hope to get filled next week when it's been a month. I've been doing pretty good, but seem to get that bottomless pit at night when I'm sitting around bored. I think I need a fill on my brain for that one though!

Good luck.

Sue

I have a 10cc AP band, as of August 22nd, 07. Because I have the AP band they actually started me with a fill (2cc right off the bat), so my first fill was yesterday at my 3 month post-op checkup. My doc added 1.2cc so I now have a total of 3.2cc.

I haven't needed a fill until this month and have lost 2-5 lbs a week (usually 3 lbs). I've had to try harder and want to snack more the past few weeks so my doc figured it was time. I do feel more restricted so far, but I'm sure I really won't notice until I get back to regular food in a couple days.

I talked my doctor into giving me another fill on Friday since my first 4 ccs have done nothing at all and I have not lost a single pound. Wish me luck I need some restriction.

Well, I thought I had a 10cc band found out yesterday when I went in for my 2nd fill that I have a 4cc band. My doc put in 1.5cc on first fill and 1.25cc on this fill. It was too much and they had to remove .5cc. I felt restriction immediately. I am so glad! Now I once again feel in control of my apetite!:hungry: Good luck all!

Val:car:

I'm feeling SOME restriction but not to that 'sweet spot' yet where losing is regular. I have new band that's 10 cc. Banded Sept 13, 07. At first fill, left with 6.4 cc; 2nd fill 7.2 cc. Go Nov 28th for 3rd fill. I had 5.5 cc when I left surgery but did not know it. Dr. is Dr. Felts with lapband solutions.

198/175/135 (goal)