Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

1 hour ago, Oct517 said:

@GreenTealael so I tried the cookie recipe again, followed everything to a T and I still wasn't a fan of them. I love Peanut Butter and I love Cookies but everything is just off since surgery 😕 maybe a good thing though...

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Tastes do change for some people. But kudos for trying new things!

I'll look up more savory Keto/low carb baked goods for the winter and test them out.

Tastes do change for some people. But kudos for trying new things!
I'll look up more savory Keto/low carb baked goods for the winter and test them out.
Let me know what you find! I think with all the sweet Protein Drinks, I've been craving more savory stuff.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Posters swear by Injury chicken Soup, and several homemade things similar.

I used to eat an entire package of bacon, six eggs, and four pieces of toast in one sitting. I'd be hungry again by lunch. Now this is the remains of two scrambled eggs. I gotta say, I love the restriction.

IMG_20181126_122005.jpg

The meal on the right was before surgery on one of my many diets, I would eat that, have coffee with cream and a snack in between Breakfast and lunch.

On the left is what I’ve advanced to at 3 months PO. 1 boiled egg and 1/3 of an apple flavored chicken sausage. Completely satisfied and won’t eat again until lunch time and that’s because I’m not hungry for anything. I usually have a afternoon snack in between lunch and dinner most days.

This tool is awesome!!

image-0.00500679016113281.jpg

41 minutes ago, Wanda247 said:

The meal on the right was before surgery on one of my many diets, I would eat that, have coffee with cream and a snack in between Breakfast and lunch.

On the left is what I’ve advanced to at 3 months PO. 1 boiled egg and 1/3 of an apple flavored chicken sausage. Completely satisfied and won’t eat again until lunch time and that’s because I’m not hungry for anything. I usually have a afternoon snack in between lunch and dinner most days.

This tool is awesome!!

image-0.00500679016113281.jpg

Amazing!

On 11/20/2018 at 10:24, GreenTealael said:

Alright, found this recipe and will try it very soon

Screenshot_2018-11-10-08-22-37.png

Screenshot_2018-11-10-08-23-06.png

You have to let me know how these go! I have a deep and abiding love for everything Bagels and would love to hear whether this recipe will scratch that itch. 😂😂

This is my first "meal" since surgery, day one of phase 3. One egg scrambled with one teaspoon of whole milk, a sprinkle of black pepper and paprika and 1/4 of banana. Unfortunately this is the post pic as I forgot to take a pre pic but gotta tell you it was not that much larger. I only had about 4 SMALL bites of the egg and started getting that good old feeling right at my sternum area. The 4 bites were over a period of about 10-15 minutes. Very odd feeling to eat such a small amount and have a full belly. This is going to be weird getting used to.
20180726_091256.jpg.d4040b208ebfcbec4853688d398e2433.jpg
I'm 2 weeks post op also and cant get thicker Soups done without that feeling in my sternum right away. Is this what being "full" feels like now or is it that the foods are too thick?

Sent from my SM-G930V using BariatricPal mobile app

On 11/27/2018 at 15:40, Martha88 said:

I'm 2 weeks post op also and cant get thicker Soups done without that feeling in my sternum right away. Is this what being "full" feels like now or is it that the foods are too thick?

Sent from my SM-G930V using BariatricPal mobile app

I think it’s bc you’re only 2 weeks out. Still swollen etc. things will be weird for about 2-3 months the. You’ll start to figure out your signs. My nose runs when I reach restriction. Weird!

@Martha88 It's a normal feeling for right now. You will feel it more often than not. Sometimes from eating too fast, sometimes from eating too much and sometimes from food that is to heavy. As your body heals and adjusts the feeling will not be as extreme. 4 months out I get the feeling when I eat too much but it doesn't happen often as I've learned my limits. Heavy foods sometimes still do it as well. Don't rush things and listen to your body. As time goes on things will work out and you'll feel "normal" again.

Congrats and Good Luck!!!

On 11/26/2018 at 1:32 PM, Geodude said:

I used to eat an entire package of bacon, six eggs, and four pieces of toast in one sitting. I'd be hungry again by lunch. Now this is the remains of two scrambled eggs. I gotta say, I love the restriction.

IMG_20181126_122005.jpg

Amazing transformation!!!

Just now, GreenTealael said:

A peek inside my refrigerator

(I don't eat cheese, it's for others)

15435271688751428634500.thumb.jpg.6aa1584dd5dcf85a83a7e003d69e08c7.jpg

Is that an endangered sea turtle in the bottom drawer? I'm ashamed of you! 😉