Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos



Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

One word: Meatlube

:)

aka gravy and sauces. If you have issues getting meat to move quietly through your pouch, it can really help! ((hugs))

No, this is a life long problem. It goes down just fine... The rest 😥. I just can't digest red meat/game well since childhood. Lamb/goat is the gentler of the offenders 😥 lately I've been dealing with the fallout because who cares if I ****my pants anymore 😝

It was one of the main reasons I was a vegetarian for so long (plus I dont really love chicken)

Oh...and I hate gravy/sauces/dressings 😳 which is why y'all almost never see me talk about them unless it's a large recipe I'm making for more that just me.

Meatlube... Should be M*******

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Healthy_life2 said:

My first attempt cooking lamb. It could be the recipe, the the taste was off. Gave it to my hubby.20191015_181740.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G930T using BariatricPal mobile app

I saw this post last night and my mouth literally watered. So I went to costco this morning and bought a boneless leg roast that I'm gonna make for tomorrow night...yummmmmmmm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meal of the Moment: I love me some salad

Romaine lettuce + vinaigrette + 4oz grilled chicken + 2.5oz gala apple

161 cals - 19.2g protein - 11.0g NET carbs - 3.6g fat

Ate it all (and drank the remaining vinaigrette out of the container when no one was looking...shhhhh)

IMG_5887.thumb.jpg.0a6e23d2d82025aa5d244aa4ab59b630.jpg

Edited by ms.sss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/18/2019 at 12:31 PM, ms.sss said:

Meal of the Moment: I love me some salad

Romaine lettuce + vinaigrette + 4oz grilled chicken + 2.5oz gala apple

161 cals - 19.2g protein - 11.0g NET carbs - 3.6g fat

Ate it all (and drank the remaining vinaigrette out of the container when no one was looking...shhhhh)

IMG_5887.thumb.jpg.0a6e23d2d82025aa5d244aa4ab59b630.jpg

This looks delicious! What kind of vinaigrette did you make?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, MusicalKate13 said:

Meal prep today! Crockpot Doro Wat with brown rice rotini 20191019_200345.jpeg

Sent from my SM-J727R4 using BariatricPal mobile app

Meal prep mania ! I just did a meal prep too then went to a party and came home with plates of food. 😥😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

This looks delicious! What kind of vinaigrette did you make?

It's my go to vinaigrette (I make 1L batches of the stuff).

I think I've posted the recipe a couple times already on this thread, but here it is again anyway :)

1 tbsp = 6 cals, 0.2g Protein, 0.3g NET carbs, 0.6g fat

*NOTE 1: the label below for chicken broth mix reads "15g (1 tsp) chicken broth mix", but go by the 15g (which is actually 3 tsps)

*NOTE 2: often I squeeze some fresh lemon on top of the entire salad for more "freshness"

image.thumb.png.16c1e9997c0f26b3eb1b2cfa64a6da75.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ms.sss Thanks for sharing this. What's the "all purpose liquid soy seasoning"? Is it just soy sauce?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

@ms.sss Thanks for sharing this. What's the "all purpose liquid soy seasoning"? Is it just soy sauce?

It’s a low/no-carb “soy sauce alternative”:

5167578F-2B50-4AE6-B7FA-29B14F51695A.thumb.jpeg.e629e17310a2c48355a85c3875371eb4.jpeg 39D62121-C753-405B-B0B6-FAEE0A493198.thumb.jpeg.6ab5611ee580f330aa59083abd4109d9.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, ms.sss said:

It's my go to vinaigrette (I make 1L batches of the stuff).

I think I've posted the recipe a couple times already on this thread, but here it is again anyway :)

1 tbsp = 6 cals, 0.2g Protein, 0.3g NET carbs, 0.6g fat

*NOTE 1: the label below for chicken broth mix reads "15g (1 tsp) chicken broth mix", but go by the 15g (which is actually 3 tsps)

*NOTE 2: often I squeeze some fresh lemon on top of the entire salad for more "freshness"

image.thumb.png.16c1e9997c0f26b3eb1b2cfa64a6da75.png

This sounds realllyyyyyy good I'm going to try it! Believe it or not, I've never tried chicken broth before. What kind do you use? Or are you referring to the chicken flavor powder?

Edited by MarvelGirl25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

This sounds realllyyyyyy good I'm going to try it! Believe it or not, I've never tried chicken broth before. What kind do you use? Or are you referring to the chicken flavor powder?

Its the chicken broth powder. The original recipe called for a cup of actual low-sodium chicken broth, but I don’t always have it on hand so I use the powder (which i always have) and a cup of Water ;) .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ms.sss said:

It’s a low/no-carb “soy sauce alternative”:

5167578F-2B50-4AE6-B7FA-29B14F51695A.thumb.jpeg.e629e17310a2c48355a85c3875371eb4.jpeg 39D62121-C753-405B-B0B6-FAEE0A493198.thumb.jpeg.6ab5611ee580f330aa59083abd4109d9.jpeg

I think here in the US it is "Liquid Aminos" by the same companies, I bought some when HEB was out of the gluten free soy sauce and used it in a stir fry.

074305000324-1-1498768622.jpg?w=2000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do the Braggs' Soy Aminos taste like regular Tamari?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Do the Braggs' Soy Aminos taste like regular Tamari?

I've never tasted Tamari, but Braggs' taste like regular old soy sauce to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks!! :)

Tamari tastes just like regular old soy too. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Recent Status Updates

    • zombierayvinn

      I am now 10 days post op and I am down 16lbs. I had an allergic reaction to the glue my doctor used so I am still sore and trying to keep moving to not get stiff. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Tabatha529

      Hello,  I am brand new on here. 
      The doctor qualified me yesterday for the surgery, so now I have to take 12 weeks of education classes and then he said they will schedule the surgery 4-6 weeks after I complete the classes. 
      I am excited to start this new journey.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Anki

      Am at the half-way mark of the six month pre-op program.  So excited!  Got clearance from psychologist this morning, so I scheduled my surgery consult for early March.  It is becoming more real now.  Have lost 18 pounds so far, since I began this journey on 12/18/19.  
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • ms.sss

      So months ago, the Kid thought it would be funny to create an account on here and troll me with it.  Figured out it was her a few days later, and had a laugh about it.  She's been trolling me on it ever since.
      This morning I went on to post something and realized after the fact that I posted using her account as she was on my laptop last night 🙄
      Trolling over, Kid.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • ms.sss

      I think i just spent the entire morning plus a couple more hours on here.
      My name is ms.sss and I am a BP forums-aholic.
      · 2 replies
      1. MarvelGirl25

        Lol I know the feeling!

      2. Lindamup

        Here is an overview of the writing services.
        This program is presented to familiarize with the best custom writing services.
        In one of these services you can get help with any kind of assignment - from a high school essay to a PhD dissertation.
        Download GooglePlay: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bestcustomwritingservices.app
        Download: https://bit.ly/32kPKrT

  • Trending Topics

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×