Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This is so hard

It gets better:) :455_rosette:

Hi Zaid,
So sorry that you’re feeling so awful! Trust that it gets better!

My surgeon explained that although there were five or six surgical opening that the one by my belly button would hurt more since the excess stomach was pulled out through that incision, and it had to be internally stapled or sutured. This may be the pain you are feeling.

Please take care! I can hardly sit until you are a few months down the road, past the tough part!

38 minutes ago, Gundy said:

Hi Zaid,
So sorry that you’re feeling so awful! Trust that it gets better!

My surgeon explained that although there were five or six surgical opening that the one by my belly button would hurt more since the excess stomach was pulled out through that incision, and it had to be internally stapled or sutured. This may be the pain you are feeling.

Please take care! I can hardly sit until you are a few months down the road, past the tough part!

That's good to know. I have one incision that is more sore than the rest. That make sense.

I am so so sorry to hear of your struggles. I was hungry the day after surgery and felt starving all through the clear liquid and even pureed stages. So I totally relate to how you are feeling. What I do not understand is why only Water and Gatorade? In the liquid only stages you should be able to have: sugar free Jello, Bone Broth, sugar free popsicles, any kind of non carbonated sugar free mix into your drink like crystal light, Decaf tea with no milk but you can have a little bit of sugar (you have to have SOME calories) you can have fruit teas as well, apple or grape juice watered down. A very essential item for about 2 weeks after surgery is electrolytes which you put into your water/drink. After surgery you don't quite get in your liquid requirements and your blood sugar and blood pressure can drop really low. The electrotypes really help with that and help to prevent dehydration.

I could not drink plain water after surgery as it made me feel very nauseated. I had to put some kind of flavouring in it

I would recommend you buy an abdominal binder since you are in so much pain. Its like a tensor bandage for your stomach which helps keep the sore muscles tight so that when you move around or when you sleep and you try to turn it lessens the pain. I could not have lived without mine 2 weeks post surgery. It was a real life saver for me and helped minimize my pain. you can order off of Amazon and here is a link to one. What is your current weight?

https://www.amazon.com/Premium-Plus-Bariatric-Abdominal-Binder/dp/B01MUGMNOU/ref=sr_1_6_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1532384104&sr=8-6&keywords=plus%2Bsize%2Badominal%2Bbinder&th=1

These are the pain killers I was given and they worked really well for me (see photo). I did not even need to take them.

pain killer.jpg

On 7/21/2018 at 2:52 AM, zaid said:

Thank you for responding! I'm still in Water and Gatorade diet...at one week I can add Protein Shakes. I will have to ask my doctor about PPI. They gave me pain medication but nothing for stomach acid and that's been one if my concern.

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

There are no words for how hard this phase is. And I could have unsweetened apple juice with my Water, too. I simply craved something not sweet that week.

40cal Fudge pops got me through the first couple of days. Stay strong 💪 you can do this and it’s worth it!

Edited by AASosa