Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my sleeve on 7/21/2018 and I started losing a pound in a half a day. I was 350lbs pre surgery and I have STOPPED losing weight and I am stuck at 313lbs. I weight myself every morning and noticed this morning I was actually 316lbs. This is super discouraging and so I wonder that is happening. What should I be doing differently?

I recently started walking and swimming on a daily basis. Trying to walk always 30 minutes of some exercise a day. Nothing seems to work. I feel like these last 16lbs are taunting me!

Some help ease my mind :-)

3 minutes ago, apeek said:

I had my sleeve on 7/21/2018 and I started losing a pound in a half a day. I was 350lbs pre surgery and I have STOPPED losing weight and I am stuck at 313lbs. I weight myself every morning and noticed this morning I was actually 316lbs. This is super discouraging and so I wonder that is happening. What should I be doing differently?

I recently started walking and swimming on a daily basis. Trying to walk always 30 minutes of some exercise a day. Nothing seems to work. I feel like these last 16lbs are taunting me!

Weight gain or Salt?

Odds are you are gaining some muscle mass / retaining some Water. I assume you aren't tracking your body fat %. Because it's very possible you've gained "weight" but lost fat. There have been a LOT of times when this has happened to me, I'll gain a pound or so but lose a few tenths of a % of body fat. If you are hitting your intake goals and consuming less calories than you burn in a day... then I wouldn't worry too much about it.

If there is much salt in your brother that might make you retain Fluid. But keep on with your activities and I'm sure it will smooth out.😛

I meant broth, not salty brother although that could be something desirable,like salted caramel? At any rate I should smooth out if you don't stress, Relax and Go With The Flow in Life!

Thanks all! I’ll keep grinding away! Maybe I will stop weighing myself EVERYDAY!

Surgery on 6/21 or 7/12?
Could be the infamous 3rd week stall (which can happen anytime -not just the third week)

VSG2017 HW 249 SW 238 CW 167

2 hours ago, Tealael said:

Surgery on 6/21 or 7/12?
Could be the infamous 3rd week stall (which can happen anytime -not just the third week)

Thank you! I thought I was going crazy that no one had commented on the date!

Thank you! I thought I was going crazy that no one had commented on the date!
All these time travelers around lately...

Keep on grinding, you're becoming a muscle. Your fats fluctuate, and your muscle grows that's why you don't lose weight. It is not about the weight, it is about your body content.

What are your calories like per day? Are you tracking what you’re eating with an app like MyFitnessPal? I like this quote, “Weight loss happens in the kitchen, not the gym.”

Hi,

I am 9 weeks out from surgery...started @ 313 lbs last week was 285 than weighed myself this morning and see I gained 5.6 lbs how is that? I have kept the same plan everyday as far as eating as was working real well until this AM.

I stopped HBP pills like for 10 days maybe H2O gain? Anyone ever have this happen to them...please advise.

thanks,

Rob

2 minutes ago, tankman77 said:

I stopped HBP pills like for 10 days maybe H2O gain?

If your BP medication was a diuretic, then Water weight gain could certainly be the cause

Hi,

I am 9 weeks out from surgery...started @ 313 lbs last week was 285 than weighed myself this morning and see I gained 5.6 lbs how is that? I have kept the same plan everyday as far as eating as was working real well until this AM.

I stopped HBP pills like for 10 days maybe H2O gain? Anyone ever have this happen to them...please advise.

thanks,

Rob

Thanks for quick reply that's what I was thinking HBP pills usually a diuretic which could explain the weight gain...I started to take half a pilly was getting light headed on full pill!

thanks,

Rob