Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So... to sum this up- gastric bypass. 10 months ago. Started 250. Currently 146. I’ve lost the weight with higher carbs sugars and maybe calories than most. However can’t and couldn’t digest most cleaner foods ... just ate here and there for survival. I’ve been stuck at this weigh since early June... my first actual plateau. Years ago when I was dieting my weight always struggled to be lower than this... I would expect with bypass that I could teach my goal of 120 easily... my surgeon was even confident in that- considering I’m only 5’2.... I feel fat and disgusting... I eat tiny portions.

Any of you been stuck for a long time and then lost a bunch again? .... I know I’m in my head about this- and had fast and great loss- but... f**ck... I didn’t have surgery to be this size... yes I have tons of skin.. when I remove it, I’ll look much smaller... until then - I need more losses. Just feeling very frustrated..

I've been stuck since early June also, but.....my fault entirely. I'm kind of burned out. All I can say is track your intake and drink more Water. That's what I plan to do. At least I'm not gaining.

Yes i track everything for sure. Also trying to drink more water.. thanks for the reply.

Actually your stall is not all that long, not saying it isn't annoying as heck. Try calorie cycling, a couple days a little lower, then a day higher, etc. On the low days eat only within an 8 hour window like intermittent fasting. Changing the foods around sometimes kicks it into gear, we tend to eat the same things after awhile. Try fish for a week, etc. Good luck.

My wife had the surgery 9 plus years ago. She was 5ft 1 inch and 250 lbs. She is now 135 lbs. The lowest she hit was 125 the doctor wanted her at 130 lbs he mentioned the 125 was two low. She also was 50 at time of surgery. Don't give up just follow the rules the doctor provided and slowly it will come off.

On 07/07/2018 at 16:20, Sosewsue61 said:

Actually your stall is not all that long, not saying it isn't annoying as heck. Try calorie cycling, a couple days a little lower, then a day higher, etc. On the low days eat only within an 8 hour window like intermittent fasting. Changing the foods around sometimes kicks it into gear, we tend to eat the same things after awhile. Try fish for a week, etc. Good luck.

Thanks. I definitely need to mix up my eating habits. Lower sugar - higher Protein some days, etc... I’ll keep that in mind..

On 07/07/2018 at 16:49, Joe78260 said:

My wife had the surgery 9 plus years ago. She was 5ft 1 inch and 250 lbs. She is now 135 lbs. The lowest she hit was 125 the doctor wanted her at 130 lbs he mentioned the 125 was two low. She also was 50 at time of surgery. Don't give up just follow the rules the doctor provided and slowly it will come off.

Thanks joe. Did your wife get to that number within a year or so? Most people even heavier than me- have reached below 130.. not sure how long it took them. Lots of people have claimed they kept slowly losing weight for up to 1.5-2 yrs after surgery. That’s great for your wife. I’m 35... so, I’d expect to keep dropping.. fingers crossed I can break plateau.

It took about ten months

On 07/08/2018 at 17:04, Joe78260 said:

It took about ten months

Oh... yeah so she did extremely well. I’m at 10 months already and at this weight.. good for her! Awesome

On ‎07‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 10:16 AM, SGirl35 said:

So... to sum this up- gastric bypass. 10 months ago. Started 250. Currently 146. I’ve lost the weight with higher carbs sugars and maybe calories than most. However can’t and couldn’t digest most cleaner foods ... just ate here and there for survival. I’ve been stuck at this weigh since early June... my first actual plateau. Years ago when I was dieting my weight always struggled to be lower than this... I would expect with bypass that I could teach my goal of 120 easily... my surgeon was even confident in that- considering I’m only 5’2.... I feel fat and disgusting... I eat tiny portions.

Any of you been stuck for a long time and then lost a bunch again? .... I know I’m in my head about this- and had fast and great loss- but... f**ck... I didn’t have surgery to be this size... yes I have tons of skin.. when I remove it, I’ll look much smaller... until then - I need more losses. Just feeling very frustrated..

I've stalled for 3.5 weeks... And will lose for a week and stall for a couple more days. Mine is very slow at this point. Maybe its time for another check in with your NUT? Have a session with a personal trainer for new work out ideas? Join a new fitness class?

I also eat higher carbs and calories than most, but the first thing I do is cut my fruit intake if I stall more than a week. It seems to help most of the time.

Okay - good to know. I was never told to see a NUT.. since I was losing so fast as is.. I only eat strawberries- but I definitely have been eating sweet treats. I count those calories in my day- but it’s likely why I’m stalling.... eating junk in small quantities can hurt too I guess

On 07/09/2018 at 16:06, SGirl35 said:

Okay - good to know. I was never told to see a NUT.. since I was losing so fast as is.. I only eat strawberries- but I definitely have been eating sweet treats. I count those calories in my day- but it’s likely why I’m stalling.... eating junk in small quantities can hurt too I guess
Yeah I would cut the sweets and we if it helps, you should know fairly quickly.

On 07/09/2018 at 18:58, AshAsh1 said:

Yeah I would cut the sweets and we if it helps, you should know fairly quickly.
Makes sense. When I’m on my period I tend to give zero F%%ks. But I definitely would love to get out of this weight range - so I need to push harder. It’s a battle. Yes I get full super fast- but the more things I can now digest, the more tempting it is to eat foods that aren’t nutritious.. I do have cravings, but notice them gone the longer I can go without those junky foods...