Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all vets- where are you

Yay! It's official! I can now post in this forum! 18 months yesterday!! :)

4 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Yay! It's official! I can now post in this forum! 18 months yesterday!! :)

@FluffyChix

hey bud, welcome☺️

glad you are finally "legal"

your great words, knowledge, advice are always right on target

you are aces!!

kathy

MS Fluffy - happy you are legal. Happy always to read your sassy wise and compassionate words. 🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼

TY! You must have read me on a "good day" when I've "taken my meds..." hahahaha (j/k--not that there's anything funny about being on mood-altering medication--just that I do "have my moments" of maybe..."too much truth". :( )

Great to be here! Let's get this board a hoppin'! :D (Cuz if the house is a rockin, don't bother knockin--just come on in!)

I was sleeved may 15th 2017. I was pretty active my first year post-op, but then life got busy with 2 new grand babies and traveling for work. I hit my goal weight about 8 months post op and I am usually within 10 lbs of my goal weight since then. I am currently about 12 pounds above where I want to be mostly because I am having a hard time adjusting to not being able to run. I had knee surgery 2 months ago and I am still having pain. I need to nip this now and cut back on calories until I can figure out where I need to be with less exercise.

Surgery is often a game changer Just needing it then recovery. Welcome back Other exercise possibilities?

5 minutes ago, Stella S said:

Surgery is often a game changer Just needing it then recovery. Welcome back Other exercise possibilities?

Thank you for the welcome. I am mostly walking and using my elliptical a couple times a week. I was really hoping to get back to running, but my doctor doesn't think this is a good idea unless I am prepared to have a knee replacement sooner rather then later. I was pretty slow the first 6 weeks and have just really got back to purposefully walking the past 2 weeks.

So I just haven't done much to replace my running and I have just been stuck. I am now facing rotator cuff surgery on my left shoulder and I need to pull myself together and stop feeling like my body is falling apart. There are many people facing worse in their lives and I have much to be thankful for.

I definitely don't want to let these injuries be the start of a slip back so the first thing I thought to do was get back here and read. The support is welcome and needed.

I know what to do. I need to keep carbs under 50g a day and eat Protein first. I need to get my calories under 1300 and get back into the habit of tracking and weighing myself daily. I got complacent when I was running because I could eat more carbs and still maintain a good blood sugar level and my weight stayed low without much effort. I don't want to go back to where I was 4 years ago so I am setting a goal of losing this extra 12 pounds over the next 2 months and then figuring out how to maintain at 150-155 with the level of exercise my body is comfortable with now.

Hi there! Just hit my 10 year post op mark with a VSG. My starting weight was 282, I'm currently at 172. My best weight was at 150 so I'm up a bit from that which I've only regained in the last 2yrs related to bad relationship/nursing school/ quitting smoking. I easily lose weight so it's just getting back on the horse. My GERD is pretty bad, I have an appointment next month for a scope. Overall I'd do the surgery again in a second. It has totally changed my life.

1 minute ago, SouthernSleever said:

Hi there! Just hit my 10 year post op mark with a VSG. My starting weight was 282, I'm currently at 172. My best weight was at 150 so I'm up a bit from that which I've only regained in the last 2yrs related to bad relationship/nursing school/ quitting smoking. I easily lose weight so it's just getting back on the horse. My GERD is pretty bad, I have an appointment next month for a scope. Overall I'd do the surgery again in a second. It has totally changed my life.

Also should mention that my lowest was 127 after plastics but I stayed around 135 for quite a few yrs.

Only popped back in now, I’m two years since my MSG revision. I’ve spent the last year hanging around 84 kgs so I’ve another 20 to go (was 135kg at MSG surgery). I have to get back on track as I know how to cheat 🤣

I mean MGB (brain broken)

I'm almost 13 years out and absolutely love my band! I've had my band since March 2008. I lost the majority of my weight in the first 6-9 months (from 200lbs down to 140lbs, i'm only 5'2") and managed to stay within a maintenance range for the past 12+ years, which included 2 pregnancies and a my fair share of fluctuations along the way. In the past year i have made some more habit changes that led me to drop another 20ish pounds leaving me at about 120-125lbs at 5'2".

It's hard to see so many people suffering from complications with their bands, but i know that that has been the reality for many. I worry sometimes that even after 13 great years complication-free, that something could just go wrong! Honestly my biggest worry is that if something went wrong, i would no longer qualify for a revision surgery because i am at goal. I don't want to think about what it would be like without this tool!

I used to post a lot in the beginning of my journey, but recently came back. So often it feels like i'm on this journey all alone, but being here makes me realize that's not the case.

It makes me so happy to hear from some veterans (and to actually be one this time around). Please keep posting and i will try to do the same!