Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

Feel better soon! Glad you’re admitted and being taken care of.
It does get better once this gets worked out- hang in there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, niaaBoogie said:

@megan thank you love ! I’m hoping that i start to feel better soon . I am still very nauseous and in pain. My mom has been here with me .. she stayed with me all night until she had to go to work this morning. So I’ve been alone for some time today unfortunately

Argh!! I wish they could get your symptoms under control. Keep us posted (: hugs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thank you @lora , @boston , and @Meg i will be sure to keep you guys updated . Hopefully they will let me go home tomorrow but the way things are going tonight I’m not so sure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What state are you in? Just curious if there’s a time zone difference from me- I’m in MN.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I truly hope your situation improves, I’m so sorry that you are going through this. Here’s to a speedy recovery!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, niaaBoogie said:

@meg I’m in NY love

Oh cool! One of my brothers lives in NYC. I’ve always wanted to visit there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/02/2018 at 00:22, niaaBoogie said:

@ALFxRNY thank you hun i really appreciate it . Hopefully i will be getting out of here soon
You’re very welcome and hoping so too, hospitals are no fun 🙁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/02/2018 at 00:23, MN_Meg770 said:





Oh cool! One of my brothers lives in NYC. I’ve always wanted to visit there.


I live upstate so I’m more closer to Niagara and Canada (2hrs) than i am to NYC (7-8hrs)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good thing you listened to your body because it was trying to tell you that something was wrong.

Sometimes people will dismiss the complaints of others -- nothing is worse than showing up at the ER and being treated like an attention-seeking, drug-seeking hypochondriac. You might have been seen sooner if you told them you were close to throwing up in their waiting area. Did you wait 2 hours before you were triaged or after?

I'm sorry that you had to go through this. I'm glad that your Mom is around to help you. Nothing beats mother love and support.

Keep us posted. People here really do care.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/02/2018 at 00:26, Missouri-Lee's Summit said:



Good thing you listened to your body because it was trying to tell you that something was wrong.




Sometimes people will dismiss the complaints of others -- nothing is worse than showing up at the ER and being treated like an attention-seeking, drug-seeking hypochondriac. You might have been seen sooner if you told them you were close to throwing up in their waiting area. Did you wait 2 hours before you were triaged or after?




I'm sorry that you had to go through this. I'm glad that your Mom is around to help you. Nothing beats mother love and support.




Keep us posted. People here really do care.


Yess ! Omg you are spot on. I’m definitely glad i chose to go to emergency and stay there because there’s no telling what would’ve happened if I’d gone home like i wanted to. I only waited roughly 30- 45 mins to be seen in triage then i had to wait to be brought back Bc their ED was pretty full. I was honestly pretty afraid of what they would say considering i hadn’t thrown up in their presence until I’d been brought back to a room. I was happy to see that they were able to see what was going on with me via the blood tests and Urine test that were done . Even though i could barely produce any urine since i was so dehydrated. I always get paranoid when coming to ED Bc I’ve seen first hand working in a hospital how things can be brushed off , or because you aren’t physically ill in their faces that there isn’t anything wrong . You know ?
As for my mom.. I am super thankful for her support. Unfortunately she has to work so i haven’t been able to see her too much since I’ve been admitted but she still checks on m as if she were still here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being a mother of four (my three oldest are all doctors. My daughter is a PharmD and my sons are medical doctors), I can tell you that your children will always be your babies. My youngest son, the "smart one", isn't interested in medicine; he's studying computer engineering.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, niaaBoogie said:

Yess ! Omg you are spot on. I’m definitely glad i chose to go to emergency and stay there because there’s no telling what would’ve happened if I’d gone home like i wanted to. I only waited roughly 30- 45 mins to be seen in triage then i had to wait to be brought back Bc their ED was pretty full. I was honestly pretty afraid of what they would say considering i hadn’t thrown up in their presence until I’d been brought back to a room. I was happy to see that they were able to see what was going on with me via the blood tests and Urine test that were done . Even though i could barely produce any urine since i was so dehydrated. I always get paranoid when coming to ED Bc I’ve seen first hand working in a hospital how things can be brushed off , or because you aren’t physically ill in their faces that there isn’t anything wrong . You know ?
As for my mom.. I am super thankful for her support. Unfortunately she has to work so i haven’t been able to see her too much since I’ve been admitted but she still checks on m as if she were still here.

That’s great that you have the insider info. on hospitals. I work for a hospital system but in an office setting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Featured Surgeons

    1. Masoud Rezvani

      Woodbridge, Virginia 22191

    2. Lisa Medvetz

      Downingtown, Pennsylvania 19335
      800-282-0066

  • Recent Topics

  • Recent Status Updates

    • Jobber

      I went to my 4th NUT appointment this week and I was absolutely surprised that I had actually lost 9 pounds from my last appointment.  I can get a bit obsessive when it comes to scale use so I've decided to only do pre-op weigh-ins at my monthly appointments.  It saves me a lot of anxiety, I think. 
      I actually was prepared to go to the appointment with excuses on why i gained, so this was a big win.  I didn't actually add much activity to my routine, the only thing I changed was having protein shakes every morning instead of just weekdays.  I really thought my extracuricular snacking activities were going to cause an issue, but I'm not going to let that make feel like it's ok to snack late or keep eating cheese non-stop.   Also probably helps that I had the stomach bug a couple days last week.  I think my organs liquified and came out....yuck...
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • boringtessa

      Stalls are the WORST.  I know they happen, but I am still disappointed.  I've been the same weight for over 2 weeks.
      · 1 reply
      1. Kimmie K

        Girl, that stall will break. Give your body a minute to realize what's happening and catch up with itself...it'll kick back in gear! 💓

    • GreenTealael

      Im absolutely terrified to buy underwear these days 😢, I realized I don't know my real size in anything anymore.
      · 1 reply
      1. sillykitty

        I know the feeling. I did some major online shopping with all the sales around black friday. In tops I wear anywhere between a S-L. In pants from 6-10. But I must own the world's most elastic panties, because -100+ lbs, I still wear the same undies! :lol:

    • Puppycat

      I went against my weekly weigh in and cheated today the scale says I'm 248 😂How? Maybe it's wrong lol I just purchased the scale and it's my first time using it. I'll weigh my daughter to see if it's accurate. I was 255 this time last week so I guess it's a real possibility. I'll let you know , I have been very picky about sugars and carbs even though I don't have a huge variety of foods to choose from. I'm super excited and hope everyone is doing great! Got to charge my iPad but I just had to share my happiness 
      · 2 replies
      1. proudgrammy

        great weight loss ☺️- weigh yourself on one scale all the time - be consistent - congrats kathy

      2. FlyAwayFree

        I am having the same kinds of things happen lol. I just posted about my 52 pound weight loss... and I am only 6 weeks out from surgery! Yay! I am so happy to lose so quickly. Its a relief!

    • proudgrammy

      flying down to GA. It's all about the grand-kids!! Always will be!!
      · 3 replies
      1. Wanda247

        Have a wonderful time with your grandbabies!! 😉

      2. Liz The New Me

        Merry Christmas!!

      3. FluffyChix

        Have fun girlfriend!!! Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, Happy everything, Happy Holidays! Enjoy!

  • Trending Topics

  • Magazine Articles

    1. Dealing with Family during the Holidays

      Posted in: Mental Health
      Ash Krupnik
    2. You Are NOT What You Eat

      Posted in: Mental Health
      Warren L. Huberman, PhD.
    3. Surviving the Thanksgiving Table: A Few Hacks

      Posted in: Food & Nutrition
      Alex Brecher
    4. Thanksgiving Tips You Can Use

      Posted in: Post-Op Support
      Alex Brecher
    5. Got Your Guard Up for Holiday Season?

      Posted in: Support
      Alex Brecher
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×