Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

Hello all !
I was just curious if any of you had experienced any of these few things . I am almost three weeks out and as of a few days ago my intake of food and Protein has been limited Bc i can’t seem to keep anything down not even Water. Everything that i loved a few days ago now just the scent makes me dry heave or actually throw up. None of the medications i have for nausea has helped.. in fact they have just made me throw up. I’ve also started developing fevers and constant chills even w/o a noticeable fever. I also now have a really sharp stabbing pain in my upper abdomen. I did contact my doctors office this evening to let them know what’s going on . I’m just curious if any of you have experienced the same things and what have you either done to remedy it or what has your doctor done ?
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boogie, that sound potentially serious. Please keep us updated on how you're doing and what the doctor says.

Hope you feel better soon!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Creekimp13 thank you love i hope so too ! I will be sure to keep you updated
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, niaaBoogie said:

Hello all !
I was just curious if any of you had experienced any of these few things . I am almost three weeks out and as of a few days ago my intake of food and Protein has been limited Bc i can’t seem to keep anything down not even Water. Everything that i loved a few days ago now just the scent makes me dry heave or actually throw up. None of the medications i have for nausea has helped.. in fact they have just made me throw up. I’ve also started developing fevers and constant chills even w/o a noticeable fever. I also now have a really sharp stabbing pain in my upper abdomen. I did contact my doctors office this evening to let them know what’s going on . I’m just curious if any of you have experienced the same things and what have you either done to remedy it or what has your doctor done ?

Wow, that's awful. I hope the doctor can fix you up. ((hugs))

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope they are seeing you first thing today

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How are you doing today? Did you see your Dr.?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hope you are ok. Keep us posted.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thank you guys so much for checking in on me. I did have my appointment this morning and turns out i was dehydrated (which I already knew) and i have a stricture from the scarring between my pouch and my small intestine . They found this out by doing an upper GI . My doctor prescribed a few different anti nausea medications for me to help take in fluids. Even with the medicine i still feel terrible but i have been able to eat a few ice chips here and there .. although I still dry heave. I go back to see my doctor next week. He hopes that the problem can resolve itself but if it does not i will have to undergo surgery .
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Of course we checked on you, you are one of us on Bariatric Pal and we take care of our own!
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just a little update 💓 I have now been admitted to the hospital . I came in last night around 11 pm due to a really bad dry heaving / vomiting spell that lasted around 25 mins and i couldn’t even keep down the little bit of Water i drank just to take my anti nausea medication . I waited around 2 hours or so to be seen and i was almost admitted right away . I was severely dehydrated . What was supposed to be an “overnight “ stay turned into “hopefully discharged on Monday” . I do for sure have a stricture and the doctors are thinking possible pancreatitis as well . But they aren’t sure and they would prefer not to operate on the stricture as of yet unless things don’t improve by Monday . I have also been surprised with the possibility of getting nutrients via IV.. Which i am not stoked about at all. I work in a hospital and i hate when my patients have to go through that . Unfortunately it might be me soon 😭.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's dreadful, but at least they're taking care of you now. (hugs)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, niaaBoogie said:

Just a little update 💓 I have now been admitted to the hospital . I came in last night around 11 pm due to a really bad dry heaving / vomiting spell that lasted around 25 mins and i couldn’t even keep down the little bit of Water i drank just to take my anti nausea medication . I waited around 2 hours or so to be seen and i was almost admitted right away . I was severely dehydrated . What was supposed to be an “overnight “ stay turned into “hopefully discharged on Monday” . I do for sure have a stricture and the doctors are thinking possible pancreatitis as well . But they aren’t sure and they would prefer not to operate on the stricture as of yet unless things don’t improve by Monday . I have also been surprised with the possibility of getting nutrients via IV.. Which i am not stoked about at all. I work in a hospital and i hate when my patients have to go through that . Unfortunately it might be me soon 😭.

You poor thing!! I really hope things improve fast!! They need to get you on the road to recovery!! Do you have someone there with you?

Megan

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@megan thank you love ! I’m hoping that i start to feel better soon . I am still very nauseous and in pain. My mom has been here with me .. she stayed with me all night until she had to go to work this morning. So I’ve been alone for some time today unfortunately

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boogie, I'm so glad you're in the hospital. Your symptoms really concerned me. I'm sorry you have to go through this, but I know they'll take good care of you and get this figured out.

Keep us posted, rest all you can, and feel better ASAP!

I swear it gets better. Rotten card to draw and all....you'll be headed in the right direction soon.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, niaaBoogie said:

@megan thank you love ! I’m hoping that i start to feel better soon . I am still very nauseous and in pain. My mom has been here with me .. she stayed with me all night until she had to go to work this morning. So I’ve been alone for some time today unfortunately

So sorry you are going through this, but glad you are getting the care you need.

wishing you a speedy recovery

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Featured Surgeons

    1. Masoud Rezvani

      Woodbridge, Virginia 22191

    2. Lisa Medvetz

      Downingtown, Pennsylvania 19335
      800-282-0066

  • Recent Topics

  • Recent Status Updates

    • allwet

      Milestone date for me on this journey. I now weigh the same as the day i got out of boot camp in 1984 and is the least i have ever weighed as an adult.
       
      · 2 replies
      1. Orchids&Dragons

        Wow, congrats!!!

      2. proudgrammy

        great- you will continue to go downward-congrats

    • Mattymatt

      Getting back to work has been really good for me! I am so busy I hardly have time to think about food or eat much and the scale and pants really show. I am either going to need a smaller belt or new jeans. A new belt is cheaper so I'll try this first. My tee shirts hang on me now.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Izzy Bizzy

      Im 4 weeks out now and i still get dizzy a lot, i will be doing the most minimalistic things and suddenly have this rush come over me where i feel week and dizzy. Usually not while I'm working out tho. It will happen on the way home from the gym, or in the shower after the gym. It kind of is just annoying at this point... but I'm down 38 pounds from the hospital and i continue to lose weight every day, weather it be .1 pound or 5 pounds in a day progress is progress. It has also been tough because it is summer and it is the summer before my senior year, i want to be out with my friends and go to parties that they are having but for the first two weeks i was kept at my parents side and they only let me go to a birthday party last week for the first time, i feel like i haven't seen my friends as much as I'm used to in the summer, and it kinda sucks, but at the end of the day it was my choice and i hope i made the right one. Im type excited to go back to band camp physically ready, and mentally motivated to push my self more than before. Im excited to do the 3 laps around the band field and not be 5 minutes behind everyone else. I am excited to lose more weight before band starts and i can wear my new boujee workout gear. I am excited to see if anybody notices my weight loss and if it affects my social life once school starts. 
      · 1 reply
      1. Sosewsue61

        Drink a protein drink right after your workout, or get more fluids - dizziness can be from dehydration. Push liquids at all times. Good luck.

    • Izzy Bizzy

      Everyday is a struggle but I'm getting there...  
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Tierra T Tij

      My Body Image Issues:
      07/20/18 Friday
      I am writing this because it seems like no matter how hard I do love myself and have confidence it's like it's hard to believe the words I say and also my old eating disorder/OCD mind tends to take over sometimes and before I know it I'm counting EVERY food that I eat and feeling very fat/freaking out. I'm trying to do my affirmations everyday and fix myself up nice to make myself feel better but it seems like nothing makes me feel better and I go back to either these bad thoughts or I want to self harm to heal myself or randomly yell at people. I get no stress release from my frustrations thus I become even more OCD spend and have other  bad addictions besides OCD'ing on the food I eat like overly exercise until my feet really blister or hurt or over spend on items I think I need to feel a void. I'm tired of putting myself through the ringer but it feels like nothing is never ever enough for me and I'm always searching for answers in the wrong places.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Trending Topics

  • Magazine Articles

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×