Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

Hello all !
I was just curious if any of you had experienced any of these few things . I am almost three weeks out and as of a few days ago my intake of food and Protein has been limited Bc i can’t seem to keep anything down not even Water. Everything that i loved a few days ago now just the scent makes me dry heave or actually throw up. None of the medications i have for nausea has helped.. in fact they have just made me throw up. I’ve also started developing fevers and constant chills even w/o a noticeable fever. I also now have a really sharp stabbing pain in my upper abdomen. I did contact my doctors office this evening to let them know what’s going on . I’m just curious if any of you have experienced the same things and what have you either done to remedy it or what has your doctor done ?
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boogie, that sound potentially serious. Please keep us updated on how you're doing and what the doctor says.

Hope you feel better soon!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Creekimp13 thank you love i hope so too ! I will be sure to keep you updated
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, niaaBoogie said:

Hello all !
I was just curious if any of you had experienced any of these few things . I am almost three weeks out and as of a few days ago my intake of food and Protein has been limited Bc i can’t seem to keep anything down not even Water. Everything that i loved a few days ago now just the scent makes me dry heave or actually throw up. None of the medications i have for nausea has helped.. in fact they have just made me throw up. I’ve also started developing fevers and constant chills even w/o a noticeable fever. I also now have a really sharp stabbing pain in my upper abdomen. I did contact my doctors office this evening to let them know what’s going on . I’m just curious if any of you have experienced the same things and what have you either done to remedy it or what has your doctor done ?

Wow, that's awful. I hope the doctor can fix you up. ((hugs))

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope they are seeing you first thing today

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How are you doing today? Did you see your Dr.?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hope you are ok. Keep us posted.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thank you guys so much for checking in on me. I did have my appointment this morning and turns out i was dehydrated (which I already knew) and i have a stricture from the scarring between my pouch and my small intestine . They found this out by doing an upper GI . My doctor prescribed a few different anti nausea medications for me to help take in fluids. Even with the medicine i still feel terrible but i have been able to eat a few ice chips here and there .. although I still dry heave. I go back to see my doctor next week. He hopes that the problem can resolve itself but if it does not i will have to undergo surgery .
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Of course we checked on you, you are one of us on Bariatric Pal and we take care of our own!
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just a little update 💓 I have now been admitted to the hospital . I came in last night around 11 pm due to a really bad dry heaving / vomiting spell that lasted around 25 mins and i couldn’t even keep down the little bit of Water i drank just to take my anti nausea medication . I waited around 2 hours or so to be seen and i was almost admitted right away . I was severely dehydrated . What was supposed to be an “overnight “ stay turned into “hopefully discharged on Monday” . I do for sure have a stricture and the doctors are thinking possible pancreatitis as well . But they aren’t sure and they would prefer not to operate on the stricture as of yet unless things don’t improve by Monday . I have also been surprised with the possibility of getting nutrients via IV.. Which i am not stoked about at all. I work in a hospital and i hate when my patients have to go through that . Unfortunately it might be me soon 😭.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's dreadful, but at least they're taking care of you now. (hugs)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, niaaBoogie said:

Just a little update 💓 I have now been admitted to the hospital . I came in last night around 11 pm due to a really bad dry heaving / vomiting spell that lasted around 25 mins and i couldn’t even keep down the little bit of Water i drank just to take my anti nausea medication . I waited around 2 hours or so to be seen and i was almost admitted right away . I was severely dehydrated . What was supposed to be an “overnight “ stay turned into “hopefully discharged on Monday” . I do for sure have a stricture and the doctors are thinking possible pancreatitis as well . But they aren’t sure and they would prefer not to operate on the stricture as of yet unless things don’t improve by Monday . I have also been surprised with the possibility of getting nutrients via IV.. Which i am not stoked about at all. I work in a hospital and i hate when my patients have to go through that . Unfortunately it might be me soon 😭.

You poor thing!! I really hope things improve fast!! They need to get you on the road to recovery!! Do you have someone there with you?

Megan

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@megan thank you love ! I’m hoping that i start to feel better soon . I am still very nauseous and in pain. My mom has been here with me .. she stayed with me all night until she had to go to work this morning. So I’ve been alone for some time today unfortunately

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boogie, I'm so glad you're in the hospital. Your symptoms really concerned me. I'm sorry you have to go through this, but I know they'll take good care of you and get this figured out.

Keep us posted, rest all you can, and feel better ASAP!

I swear it gets better. Rotten card to draw and all....you'll be headed in the right direction soon.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, niaaBoogie said:

@megan thank you love ! I’m hoping that i start to feel better soon . I am still very nauseous and in pain. My mom has been here with me .. she stayed with me all night until she had to go to work this morning. So I’ve been alone for some time today unfortunately

So sorry you are going through this, but glad you are getting the care you need.

wishing you a speedy recovery

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Featured Surgeons

    1. Masoud Rezvani

      Woodbridge, Virginia 22191

    2. Lisa Medvetz

      Downingtown, Pennsylvania 19335
      800-282-0066

  • Recent Topics

  • Recent Status Updates

    • Jodi1980

       Lunch time was my yummy dinner from last night. I made homemade turkey chili. I know, it's the middle of summer but I wanted something hardy and that was perfect with some sliced avocado & a tad of shredded Mexican cheese. YUM! I found the recipe that was titled "the best turkey chili recipe you will ever eat" and in fact, it was!
      My shake this afternoon is the Syntrax Nectar Kiwi Strawberry with a banana. I brought in my magic bullet blender to work since it's light and portable. I used water this time instead of the almond milk. Sipping it now at my desk, it's pretty good. I'd give this one a 5! The banana takes over and taste just like strawberry banana shake. Yum!
      Not quite sure what I am planning on tonight for dinner but since I had my main meal for lunch, it will consist of a dinner shake and a p.m. snack after (protein based of course- probably 2 hard boiled eggs.
       10 more days until surgery... I really hope my liver is teeny tiny from all of this!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Joe78260

      One week out and I am okay.  I am not in any pain and I still do not have gas.  I am feeling empty and no hunger.  I am getting my liquids down.  My doctors appointment is on Thursday.  The runs have slowed down to once a twice a day.  I am doing 30 mins of activity a day to the neuropathy in my legs  I want to try to do more there is nothing stopping me
      I do not feel anything emotion wise like happiness, second guessing, sadness, full of questions.  Some second thoughts as I am realizing the help of the surgery is changing your thought process.  I could eat but I can wash it out of my head. I wish I could do this with my legs.
       
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • AshAsh1

      Checking in on this sunny Monday morning. For those who read my last update on Friday, I was having a funky week. I recharged the batteries. I spent a fun filled day a the pool yesterday and rode the water slide at least 10 times, yes... like a little kid! I made a work out date with a bestie for this evening. AND I officially, as of this morning, weigh two pounds less than my husband, and 9lbs away from ONEderland! It's amazing how quickly things can happen... I'm so blessed. So for now, its a good week. Love to all!
      OH and! My BMI has gone from 57 to 35.9  That's 21.1 difference. *mic drop*
      · 2 replies
      1. KimTriesRNY

        That’s awesome! :1296_raised_hands_tone2:

      2. okayestmom

        Wow! I am happy for you!

    • Jodi1980

      This weekend I found it difficult to write/journal anything with my dear soon to be 2 year old running around and keeping me busy. I have quite a few shakes to write about since Friday.
      Friday's continuation of lunch was the Syntrax Nectar Crystal Sky. I'd give this a 4. Reminded me of Kool-aid. Not too shabby and kept me full. 
      For dinner Friday I had my left overs of baked chicken, sauteed spinach with olive oil and garlic and steamed broccoli, potatoes and cauliflower. 
      For my pm snack, I had the Syntrax Nectar Wild Grape. I blended it with PB2. I should have just had it plain.  I think it would have tasted so much better. In my head  I figured it would have tasted like a pb and jam sandwich. Because of my experiment, I gave it a 2 and 1/2. LOL.
      Saturday morning I tried the Syntrax Nectar Cappuccino latte with pb2. Not bad. Some of these Syntrax latte's have that sweet after taste even though they say they are aspartame free. I have no idea what it is but I'm not a fan. The PB2 or banana kind of takes that away.
      Hubs took me to see a movie and my n-laws watched our son. I didn't think ahead so I grabbed a smoothie at the Jamba Juice to stay hydrated. I could have totally snuck in my own shake or drank water but I was tending to my son's needs ahead of mine. I need to learn to make more time for myself. I do have anxiety and this kicks in right before we leave to go out whether it's the family or just me and my hubs. My mother-n-law and father- n law are great with my son but sometimes they don't listen to instructions I give them and thus causes the anxiety to come out. Ugh. Anyway, back to it....
      So this Jamba Juice I had ordered was the PB Banana Protein and MAN did it have ALOT OF SUGAR IN IT. I should have made my own but I'm only human right....Yes, It was tasty but a medium size with 34g of protein, okay......58g carbs, 23g fat and ....eekk....49g of sugar .
      Not, the best choice. Again, I'm only human but I need to really research my nutrition info. before just looking up and seeing "oh protein, that's what I need, I'll take that, please" on the big board of what looks good.
      For dinner, I had a hoagie bowl from my local Wawa which was grilled chicken (all 3 stripes of it ) REALLY?!  packed with veggies and some honey mustard dressing. 
      Breakfast Sunday morning was Syntrax Nectar Strawberry Mousse. I swapped out water with almond milk and added 1/2 a banana. That was a 5 for sure! Very tasty!
      Lunch I tried the Syntrax Nectar Caribbean Cooler with almond milk and 1 banana. Tasted just like a daiquiri. So good. One of my favorites so far! 5!!!!
      Dinner I made turkey chili. Very good! High protein and so good!
      Breakfast this morning, I tried the Syntrax Nectar Vanilla Latte with 1 banana and almond milk. Bit of an after taste again. I need to find out what the hell that is. Again, all of these protein shakes are aspartame free yet, I have this horrible sugary, "sweet-n-lowy" kind of after taste. I give this one a 3.  
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BTmom


      Losing my mind fighting the enemy telling me I can't do this!!

      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Trending Topics

  • Magazine Articles

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×