Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need to make a decision

And since it is a Level 1 Trauma center as well as a Teaching Hospital as well as a Bariatric Center of Excellence and has been since the term was invented, any and all surgical helpers and students Dr Needleman😷 deems necessary- my life and future lies in his very capable and well-trained hands. Amen and Amen

I have the date to meet with my surgeon on July 3rd and surgery is to follow , I’ve pretty much decided on the sleeve verses the bypass, I thank all of you for your input and advice , it feels nice to have a place to go and talk to people who totally get you .

At 72 Not Much At All!
I have had 2 knee replacements because my weight worebth r m out.
I have had scares with cancer, heart, lungs, kidneys eyesight and hearing
I have buried my grandparents, parents, husband, son at 31. I have babies unborn.
I have buried relatives who treated me badly
I have buried animals who treated me better,than people did
I outlived the cousin who told me to kill myself
I have,lost friends to cancer who I still miss
I outlived the doctor who,told me I would be diabetic by 30 and,I wasn't
I outlived people who told me I was ugly, fat, would never have friends, wouldn't graduate or ever do anything worthwhile with my life.
I proved the naysayers who said people over 50, 60 or even 70,are too old to plan Weight Loss Surgery
I am proving the,people who said i,should sit down, shut up, give,up and resign,myself to dying and doing it soon. I am still,going, going strong and can see a future ahead and. I am part of it. Doubt count me out yet
I have pride in me and what I feel I can still accomplish.
And from now on I will vibrantly live, with 5 to 7 small scars showing, my badges of honor in a less than honorable world.
My gastrointestinal renovations are just that, a remodeling to enhance,my future days. And on the day of my,upcoming I will present myself at my bariatric facility with hope in my ,pride in myself for this decision, deep humility for this opportunity for my surgery, and a giant smile on my face. On that day
I will be doing the right thing
At the right time
For the Right Reason
With the Right Surgeon
At the Right Facility
For the maximum Results
On the Right Day and at the correct time
For the Right Person - ME
And if my future years are many- Wonderful
And if they are few' still I will have lived them and lived them to the best of my ability.
I have said my piece- Spoken what I feel- I go forth to write my story and conclude ehat,life I am still given.
And that is good and sufficent enough.
I read your post and you give me so much inspiration . I had gastric bypass surgery on May 15th 2018 . I am a widow of 3years married for 37 1/2 before my husband closed he's eyes forever.
I think my decision was right for me. I'm no longer diabetic off of all insulin and pills.< br>Waiting for my liver to repair it self.
My highest weight was 265 in Jan.2018
My surgery weight 235 in May 2018
Current weight 217 June 29 2018
I fell line I should be losing more.my doctor upped my calories to 1000 a day.so hard to meet it not but hungry.
I hope you all the success in your surgery and I hope you live a long long life.

Sent from my Z982 using BariatricPal mobile app