Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gonzalez Support Thread

First to Omlagirl...welcome to bandland!!

Thanks to everyone who convinced me to stop beating myself up over the apple fritter episode! Things are going well, I'm down 25 lbs and feeling really good! Last night I had a dinner date and I made lasagna. I wasn't sure if I would be able to handle the Pasta, but I figured that if I thought it was giving me trouble I would just eat the meat and cheese parts and leave the noodles. Well I had one small piece of lasagna, noodles and all, without any difficulty. The really great part is that it was just one small piece and not 2 large pieces! And I was totally full. And i impressed my date with my awesome lasagna :)

I bought a pair of jeans almost a year ago thinking I would be able to get into them...NOT! So today I put them on (22s) and not only could I get into them, I actually zipped them up without difficulty. They're still a little tight, but I think in a couple more weeks they should fit just right. YAY! I started working out on friday night, it was my first trip to the gym in months, and while I could only do about 20 minutes of cardio, its a start. I also did about 20 minutes of light weight lifting. Think I'm going to go swim laps tonight.

I was supposed to be getting my first fill this thursday, but now there's a problem. There is a Fill Center USA about 5 minutes from my house, but I just found out that their doc is quitting next month and they don't have another one lined up yet. I don't want to pay the 299 initial consult fee and then have to go look for another doc in town, and although there is another Fill Center 2 hours away in Idaho, I'm looking for something a bit more convenient. I emailed Dr Valenzuela and he is going to check into other docs in Salt Lake. So I think I'm going to cancel my fill appt, and if I have to wait a few more weeks for a fill that's okay, because I definitely do have some restriction now.

So that's my update, hope everyone else is doing well!

Jill

hello everyone,

i'm new and i have been doing research on possible doctors in tj to do my surgery and after much thought, i've narrowed it down to two doctors and dr. gonzalez is one of them. i just wanted to say thank you for your posts, it makes me feel like i am doing the right decision to see dr. gonzalez for consulatation and hopfully surgery too. i plan on making an appointment with him hopefully within the next week to come. :bounce:

It's good to know everything turned out fine and your trip in "bandland" begins. Are you glad you went with dr. G and his team? I was very pleased with my surgery and the whole experience. Check in this thread whenever you need advice!

The real work starts at home though. I had a little bit of a hard time controlling my appetite at first but after the third and fourth weeks it really sank in and I realized that it is a complete lifestyle change.

Kikival, if you're close to TJ you'll be getting free fills, that's great!

Newblew you'll be surprised how time flies. You'll be back home newly banded before you know it! Just make sure you stock up on your liquids and other groceries before you leave for TJ so you don't have to go out while in recovery.

It's been a good veteran's day for me, I wish you all the same. For all our vets out there I wish the best. Always in my thoughts and prayers.

... and that's a good thing!!!:eek:

what's totally awesome is my parents

have a home out there, so aftercare and

a place to stay will be a sinch!

I was gone for the weekend and today I was surprised by all the support I received from all of you, thank you so much.

I cannot believe that I get more support from this forum than from my family(thank you Newblew for starting this thread).

i made my appointment!!!! whoo.gif for 12/1 consultation. i originally had made it for 11/24; duh, later on last night i realized its thanksgiving weekend and i'm going out of town. when i called to reschedule, dr. Valenzuela answered the phone and was *exremely* pleasant and more than helpful.

so far, so very good.

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Congrats Krysten! Now, are you going down just to talk about the surgery, or are you planning to get the band at the same time? I think you'll be surprised how nice the area is in Mexico, I sure was!

Well, it's almost 3am Wed morning so I need to get to bed. I go back to work on Sunday so have been trying to stay up a little later each night in preparation. I've got a lot of catch up reading to do, my internet was down all day Tuesday and I about chewed every fingernail off. This Time Warner has been a big pain and hasn't worked right in over 2 months. I guess it's time I cancel or get a service tech out to fix the problem.

Catch y'all later,

Judy

HI everyone, I am still alive and I am still writting about my experience with Dr. G. So far it's about 3 pages long. Should I post it here or should I start another thread?

I've been feeeling great. I hate to say this but I didn't experience the gas thing. When Laura called the other day I told her that I was still waiting for it to happen and she said if if hadn't happened by now it most likely won't. I haven't lost any weight yet. Unfortunely aunt flo came the day I got back in town. So I'm really hoping to see the scale drop next week. I'm kind of getting bored of liquids. Anyone have a suggestions?:help:

hey judy,

no, i will just have consultation with him on 12/1. hopefully i'll get banded in january. :(

p.s. time warner sucks. i had it

before, nothing but problems!

HI everyone, I am still alive and I am still writting about my experience with Dr. G. So far it's about 3 pages long. Should I post it here or should I start another thread?

I've been feeeling great. I hate to say this but I didn't experience the gas thing. When Laura called the other day I told her that I was still waiting for it to happen and she said if if hadn't happened by now it most likely won't. I haven't lost any weight yet. Unfortunely aunt flo came the day I got back in town. So I'm really hoping to see the scale drop next week. I'm kind of getting bored of liquids. Anyone have a suggestions?:help:

Hey Omlagirl

I'm sure that alot of us are waiting to read about your experience with Dr. Gonzalez and his team I know I am , so I think It would be nice if you post it here where many of us have come for support.

I've read that the gas pain is one of the most common complaints:phanvan:phanvan and that It is a painful experience ,so I guess you are very lucky not to have had any.

Congrats and I can't wait to read how it all went.

OMAGIRL

I'm with oneonly. We all wait anxiously to read your story. On the liquids thing I ate a lot of diet Jello and diet popcycles. I made my own chicken broth and fed the chicken to DH. It tastes so much better than the commercial broth.< /p>

KIKIVAL

what is 'time warner' ????