Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gonzalez Support Thread

Judy2291

I was thinking the same thing!!!! But looks like we're fine.

Jimmyjoe

Wel be here you, you can count on us. Most of us have been there and I think you will find it so much easier than you think. Laposcopic surgery is easy on you with just small incisions. Not much pain.

Nite all heading for zzzzzzzzzzz

Hey Sunshine :(

Yeah I'm still feeling a bit of restriction, I can eat 1/2 to 1C of food, but I havent been losing much the last 2 weeks, probably because I havent been eating enough, and I felt kindof crappy all last week. I've been wanting to go work out but I have zero energy, also probably due to the fact that I havent been eating enough. I work the next three nights, which means I sleep the next three days, but planning on hitting the gym on friday. I have a fill scheduled for next thursday so we'll see how that goes. I'm sure a little exercise will kick my losing back into gear, so I'm hopeful. I keep reminding myself that 22 lbs in 5 weeks is not bad at all !!

Newblew

I was on the phone with Laura today she was very nice and informative, now I'm just waiting for my financial approval :( and hopefully I would be able to meet you I'm thinking more or less around the same day of your surgery.

And yes ...yesterday I got scared I tried to log on to LBT a couple of times and nothing ,It's nice to have such a friendly and supportive group I'm sure more questions will come as my big day gets closer...thank you all

How much time do you really need off work, I had originally asked for my vacation time after the holidays and first was told "no problem" and now of course they said NOT A CHANCE!!! so I was thinking maybe I could take only a couple of days off ,any input????

Surely we can all resolve differences without resorting to 5th grade style name calling?

If you want to grapple about smtg, do it in RnR but keep it respectful. It's the idea, not the person.

I hope I can get support from you guys being Dr. G's patients maybe you can gimme tips. I'm narrowing down to surgery mid December! Anyone else going mid December?

I think this is a great idea, NewBlew thanks! I've got nothing but great references from all of doctor G's patients. I called several of his patients on a list I got from doctor Valenzuela and everyone was very helpful. I appreciate the humanity that this group of docs transmits and everyone seems to have the same experience. I know I'm moving in the right direction. If I can count on you guys after my surgery for advice and support, I'll have it made. Thanks again!

I'm newly banded jimmyjoe, but I'll give you any tips I can. I'm losing about 1.5 pounds a week and I'm ok with my weight loss rate. My diet has been a little hard but I'm tugging along!

Thanks newblew and everyone here.

Am I the only one who wasn't able to get on the website until this afternoon? I was beginning to think we'd all been banned! ~LOL~

Jimmyjoe: Don't forget about the holidays in December. I'm only 5 days post op so I can't really advise you but I know others have said it hurt to eat for a few weeks, things got stuck. I live in Southern Calif if you need help. I won't go for my first fill until Dec. I had already planned a cruise with my family and even Dr G thought I should wait under the circumstances.

Well, I'm heading to the grocery to get more Soup. I know I'm suppose to be on Clear liquids but if I blend and thin really well, it doesn't bother me.

Hope everyone has a wonderful night!

Judy

Me too Judy.....I couldn't get on yesterday until late. I thought I might have gotten the boot. Maybe it was down due to upgrades or something.

How much time do you really need off work, I had originally asked for my vacation time after the holidays and first was told "no problem" and now of course they said NOT A CHANCE!!! so I was thinking maybe I could take only a couple of days off ,any input????

Jessiel55 - I thought that I could just have the surgery on Friday and hop up and go to work on Monday or Tuesday. I ended up not going back until the following Monday. I had planned on going back that Thursday, but I was just not feeling up to it and I knew that I could not manage at work. I guess everybody is different. I personally needed the extra days. I also developed an allergy to the steri-strips which really threw me for a loop.

Jessie

Laura is one of my favorite persons.

Blue eyed

I posted a message but it didn't post........must have been something I'd done. Great that you still feel restriction. It left slowly for me too, then regained appitite. Where R U going 4 fills?

Jessie

Seems like I slept most of the time for the 1st week

Hi Sunshine

What meds were you taking? you think it was probably the pain killers?

I'm normally on the go, I don't think I can sleep for a week.

Jessie

I didn't take the painkillers because you have to grind them up and their taste was BITTER ugh... I take a lot of meds for other things and they often cause me to be tired but not so tired as I was after surgery. Also I take meds for Bipolor and they make me sleepy. I use to be hyper and couldn't sleep. You just may not have the sleep problem. I didn't have much pain but a LOT of gas.

I took 2 weeks because I work 12 hour shifts from 7pm-7am. If you have a desk job, you might be able to return sooner. I haven't been sleepy during the day but I have problems sleeping after 30 years of being sleep deprived. I did sleep the first 24 hours after surgery but I was in the surgery center and they were very good about checking on me.

Don't cut yourself too short. I know employer's want some idea how long you'll be out and that a fair request. I took 2 weeks because once I'm there, I'm not really able to leave if I get sick at work.

As for painkillers, I bought the overpriced antibiotics because I didn't want to fool with it once I was home. I didn't buy the painkillers because I had Vicodan from a previous medical procedure. I took them 2-3 days and then forgot... i guess I wasn't hurting enough to need them.

Best of luck,

Judy

Thanks :confused: I don´t think I can get that many days off, thats why I´m kind of confused right now, although I hear that every one is different but still kinda nervous. On the other hand thank goodness for pain killers :)

Sunshine: Going to Fill Center USA for my fills. Theres one about 5 minutes from my house :) I'm having my first fill done with fluoroscopy just because I want to make sure everything looks as it should. Will be an expensive visit but I feel its worth it for the first one.

Jessie: I took 3 weeks off work, not because I thought I'd really need that much time, but because I had like 400 hours of long term sick leave that I cant use for just a regular day off or for 1-2 days off with a cold. So I definitely had more than enough time to recover. But I also work 12 hour shifts 7pm to 7am and I wanted to make sure I had the energy to make it through the night before I went back to work. There are plenty of people here on LBT who only took a couple of days, so it's hard to say what's the "right amount" of time to take off. Just remember if you've only got a couple of days to recover, make sure you rest up as much as possible, and walk walk walk in between naps to alleviate the gas pains!

Jill