Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gonzalez Support Thread

Jessie

Also remember that if your work requires use of your abdomen muscles, like lifting more than 10 pounds, it will take close to a month before you can use them. That is one to check with Dr.V on.

BlueEyed

I envy you. the nearest fill center is 250 miles from me. I fly back to TJ for my fills.

I'm so glad I found this thread. The other one was getting to be such a bore to read.

I'm heading down to Dr. G on Friday 11/9 for surgery on the 10th. Woo Hoo! I can't believe it's finally here. I'm on the pre-op now. Day 2 was the worst with a massive headache but I have increased my Water intake as this forum suggested and everything is going smooth now. Well, besides being hungry! lol

I'm so happy to have other Dr. G banders to turn to for support.

Thank you!

Thanks Sunshine, I'll keep that in mind.

Omalgirl

congratulations!!!!! I'm sure you will be fine, don't forget to keep us posted.

So finally my time has come, I was gone for a couple of months, cannot keep on putting the surgery off anymore so once again I come to all of you for support, I guess I just want to hear success stories. I've gone thru all the research and the pros and the cons and I know this is the best thing for me. I was reading on the old thread that the best time to have the surgery would be after the holidays but for me I think it will be something to keep me busy, planning my diets and so on. I called today and scheduled my surgery for NOVEMBER 20th. I start my pre-op diet in 4 days. Can any of you vets give me some advice? How in the world will I handle 8 days of liquids?

I'm so excited that this thread has taken off! True confessions...after I started the thread, I kind of hid from the board until today. I was worried that no one would respond and then I would be so embarrassed watching the thread slip further and further down the board! Fat person insecurity much? But not for much longer...

Anyway, I'll be so happy to share my experiences on this journey and I would love to learn from all of you. Jessie, I hope that we end up there together. It will be nice to have someone familiar there. I'm traveling alone, so a friendly face will be welcome.

I'm also lucky that I have a Fill Center USA 20 minutes from home. I know that some people don't have the best experinces there, but it's so convenient, I at least need to try it out. That makes sense about the veggies on the pre-op. I bet they will be looking like snickers bars by day 4 or 5!

Omlagirl...congratulations!!! I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. Jessie,my surgery is scheduled on a Friday and I'm scheduled to go back to work on Monday. I sit at a desk all day. I know that might be too soon, but I have a pretty high tolerance for pain and I'm determined not to let anyone at work know what I'm doing.

Of course, I fully recognize that I might be in here posting on December 10th "what was I thinking???? I can't get off my couch!"

Newblew:)

You have a great group of supporters here in this little thread and LBT in general. Thanks to you newblew we have a peaceful corner to share and support each other. Keep us posted and count on us omlagirl. If any one has come up with any tasty treats ( hard as it may seen, it's possible) for the liquid or mushy phase please share so that we may help omla or jessie or any one else reading this thread.

Just need to vent for a second...

So I get to work tonight and the day staff has left a giant box of pastries and 3 liters of soda in the workroom, the bastards! HOW RUDE IS THAT??!!! LOL! So now I hate myself because I ate half an apple fritter. Grrrrr! Damn all drug company and home health agency reps who bring treats!

Blue Eyed Kitty,

I worked Registration in an ER 11p - 7a for two years. The constant food there was incredible. And it was always junk! I feel your pain - but if you are anything like me, in the past you would have ended up feeling guilty about the two and a half apple fritter that you polished off. A half a fritter is normal person food!

Newblew

Just need to vent for a second...

So I get to work tonight and the day staff has left a giant box of pastries and 3 liters of soda in the workroom, the bastards! HOW RUDE IS THAT??!!! LOL! So now I hate myself because I ate half an apple fritter. Grrrrr! Damn all drug company and home health agency reps who bring treats!

Newblew is right, always look at the bright side, half a fritter! Excellent!

Optimism before anything. It's helped me get through the toughest spots.

Newblew is right, always look at the bright side, half a fritter! Excellent!

Optimism before anything. It's helped me get through the toughest spots.

If you re like me, before the band it would have been a fritter, a donut and a cruller, because it was important to taste them all- wouldn't have wanted to miss out on a single taste experience.

Now, our ability to have little tastes, small portions, 1/2 portions is a gift!

Also I think its part of the journey- its important that we don't feel deprived. I want to be able to eat what everyone else eats- except in smaller portions.

Right now I'm quite tight - can only do liquids in the morning, mushies in the afternoon and small portions of real food, as long as its moist in the evening.

I had a fill with DR. G in late October.

I wasn't banded by him, but have switched to him for my aftercare, and am quite impressed by his team.

I've lost some weight now since the fill ( 10 pounds) which is good as I had plateaued after my first fill.:whoo:

I'm doing some research on lap bands and aftercare for a project that I am involved with. If any of you DR. G patients are willing to talk to me about your experience, could you PM me with your contact info.:help:

I'm a friend ( read my other posts). I ran into NM Sunshine when I was getting my fill , so she can vouch for me.

OMlagirl

Be sure you take plenty of gas ex with you. The strips work great. You will have a swollen abdomen, but very loose tops will handle that. You may be fine. I hope so.

Your idea for this thread was fantasic.:whoo:

Another tasty treat for pre-op diet..applesauce. Get the one that has no added suger.

Blue eyed:D I did a similair last night. Our neighbor had birthdayman, BF or DH & I over for a Bday treat. It was chocolate and almond filled bearclaw pastry. I could not resist. Ate the whole thing. But that is the first sweet-treat I've had since preop diet.

Hey All Short C is definately one of us. You can trust her.

Her fill was just before mine, so I got to watch Dr. G do A fill.

ShortC waiting for my next fill to begin to get restriction like you have.