Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery/recovery room timeframes

I know it may seem strange, but Im curious. If everything goes as expected, how long is surgery and recovery room time. Hiw long from the time they take me to the OR until i get to go back to my room and see my family? Will i be alert enough to socialize with them right away when i get back or how mucj longer yet is that. Finding new things to stress and worry about....lol

You sound like me lol I message my surgeon's assistant every time I find something new to stress over!! July can't get here quick enough!

After you are taken back to surgery the doc doesn’t come in for after 45 min. The anesthesiology & surgery team are prepping you during this time. The surgery it self takes about an hour depending on what is being done (I had 3 surgeries that each took an hour).

You are in recovery for about an other hour & then your family can come in.

Depending on how busy the hospital it it can take a few hours until you get to a room!

My surgery was at 1:30 & I didn’t get to a room until 1am!

My surgery was at 8:00 am; was in recovery by 10:00 am and on to my room by noon. By 12:30 pm, I was up and walking.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

8 minutes ago, Em_Jay75 said:

You sound like me lol I message my surgeon's assistant every time I find something new to stress over!! July can't get here quick enough!

I think im gonna start bugging them more, the closer it gets. Maybe that will speed my date up? Lol

8 minutes ago, toodlerue said:

After you are taken back to surgery the doc doesn’t come in for after 45 min. The anesthesiology & surgery team are prepping you during this time. The surgery it self takes about an hour depending on what is being done (I had 3 surgeries that each took an hour).

You are in recovery for about an other hour & then your family can come in.

Depending on how busy the hospital it it can take a few hours until you get to a room!

My surgery was at 1:30 & I didn’t get to a room until 1am!

Omg, im hoping it doesnt take 12 hours!

1 minute ago, browneyez42 said:

My surgery was at 8:00 am; was in recovery by 10:00 am and on to my room by noon. By 12:30 pm, I was up and walking.

Thats more of what i was hoping to hear...lol. I pick yours as the winning answer...lol Wouldnt it be nice to be able to do that?

Thats more of what i was hoping to hear...lol. I pick yours as the winning answer...lol Wouldnt it be nice to be able to do that?

I was determined... my mind was made up and I wanted to be successful. I've only lost 15 pounds since surgery and I'm losing more inches and I feel great! You can do it too!

29 minutes ago, browneyez42 said:

I was determined... my mind was made up and I wanted to be successful. I've only lost 15 pounds since surgery and I'm losing more inches and I feel great! You can do it too!

Thanks Browneyez! I want to try and do everything i can to succeed. Any tips on how to make that happen are more than welcome!

More often than not it will be like browneyez, toodlerue we can hope was a rare rare case. I promise I will tell everyone how long mine's going to last, shoot I've babbled about my idiot relatives, the time I drank moonshine, my frusterating doctors far and near, how I was treated as a child, do you honestly think I'm going to shut up Now? I may take a measuring tape so I can tell how long and how many incisions I have. That's just me, and to think my poor Mamma was told i,was painfully shy. I do believe I have overcome it! 🚩🚩👉😝👈🚩

Walk, walk and walk. It will help relieve gas. Stick to the diet your surgeon suggests. Buy three ounce disposable cups and use them to get your liquids in post op.

32 minutes ago, browneyez42 said:

Also, congrats on your loss and feeling great. I didnt mean to be rude or self centered, i just get stuck thinking about something and sometimes overlook the obvious. I promise thats not who i am. Just way yoo focused on stuff thats still months away!

Also, congrats on your loss and feeling great. I didnt mean to be rude or self centered, i just get stuck thinking about something and sometimes overlook the obvious. I promise thats not who i am. Just way yoo focused on stuff thats still months away!

Thanks. Trust me, I understand. When is your surgery?

Just now, browneyez42 said:

Thanks. Trust me, I understand. When is your surgery?

My last of my 6 month weight loss visits is July 13 then i see the surgeon to submit to insurance on the 24th. So im guessing late August or God forbid early Sept

My last of my 6 month weight loss visits is July 13 then i see the surgeon to submit to insurance on the 24th. So im guessing late August or God forbid early Sept

It'll be here before you know it!