Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My first big challenge

Well, tomorrow is the annual family reunion (husbands' family) in beautiful downtown Granite Shoals, TX. I first attended 35 years ago when my husband and I were dating so I have known many of these people for a long time and love them dearly. There is always tons of good food, none of which is allowed on my current pureed regimen. I am taking some stuff with me in a small cooler to eat in the truck before we get there and on the way home but I am not going to whip out my little bowl of pureed chicken in public.

No one there knows anything about me having this surgery and I really prefer not to discuss it or have to explain it multiple times. I know there will be questions about why I am not eating and people always wanting me to try something they brought. Not to mention offering me a beer or some wine. I plan to just say I am trying to lose weight and only eating certain foods and I hope that is enough. I am only about 10 lbs. below my weight last year and have not seen any of them since then.

Wish me luck!!!

Edited by MIZ60

I skipped mine today....lol....

Peach cobbler and banana pudding would have destroyed me....

I have my big first test tomorrow. A memorial day family picnic with all of the goodies, burgers, hot dogs, bratwurst...etc. I always help run the grilles, but I plan to be strong. I am now on soft foods as of today! I will most likely eat a few deviled eggs or I may take some steamed shrimp and have a few of them and leave it at that. This is the new normal.

Good luck and stay strong!

1 hour ago, TxAlpha06 said:

I skipped mine today....lol....

Peach cobbler and banana pudding would have destroyed me....

I will be staying far, far, FAR away from the dessert table.....:51_scream:

Happy to report that the day went fine(except for being hot out there) and I got through the whole thing with Water, Powerade zero and 2 jalapeno deviled eggs. :D:D

In Texas? Hmnn I would have headed for the refried Beans or guacamole or even watermelon although I hate, loathe and abominate any melon. But you did good,very very good!

1 hour ago, Frustr8 said:

In Texas? Hmnn I would have headed for the refried Beans or guacamole or even watermelon although I hate, loathe and abominate any melon. But you did good,very very good!

Sadly, my program does not allow any of those on the pureed portion of the diet. I honestly just asked my husband to get me the deviled eggs and did not even go and look at the food. It smelled divine though...

On 5/28/2018 at 1:39 AM, MIZ60 said:

Happy to report that the day went fine(except for being hot out there) and I got through the whole thing with Water, Powerade zero and 2 jalapeno deviled eggs. :D:D

Good for you!!!