Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

GALS who started their journey over 300 lb+<br /> +

CindiRI I'm down to 290! Happy happy joy joy#🐵🙈🙉🙊

So many amazing results..so thrilled! I am still pre-op but my highest was 350 and I've lost 50lbs to date but so looking forward to joining the ranks of successful post-op losers soon! Surgeon visit is set for Oct 30th and surgery the week of Nov 12th..joining you all soon!

On 10/24/2018 at 19:11, Frustr8 said:

CindiRI I'm down to 290! Happy happy joy joy#🐵🙈🙉🙊
Yay!!! That’s awesome! Congratulations!! ❤️

I started my weight loss at 386 and I am feeling extremely discouraged right now. It will be a year this December that I had surgery and my weight has stalled. I expected to be 100 lbs lighter by December but it just isn’t happening. I’m so discouraged because I try my best to work out everyday I know I have ate some things that I probably shouldn’t have but I’ve been active so I thought having a bit of it and working out would be enough but I guess not. I feel so disappointed in myself. I honestly don’t know what to do to kick start this weight loss again. Any suggestions?

While scrolling through past postings I noticed there is" Guys who started over 400lbs" in the Guys Room. Well I believe if there is" gravy for the rooster" there certainly should be "gravy for the hen " especially those of us with meatier drumsticks. Are there challenges we face that aren't faced by our 200 lb sisters? Do we tend to lose weight faster or slower than smaller flock members?
Weigh in my sisters, weigh in!
I started this whole journey last Oct 2017 when I found out that my back issues and pain I have been in for over 20 years was found to be caused by the disappearance of a disk in my lower back along with my spine being very miss aligned. The orthopedic told me he wouldnt do surgery to fix my back until I lost 50 pounds and not to take to long to do it because he couldn't understand why I wasn't paralyzed already. I weighed in a 365 lbs then.
In the process of doing all the hoop jumping for the insurance company for me to have the sleeve done I lost 35 lbs in a year. I just had my sleeve done on the 16 of October and have no clue what my weight is ringing in at, at this time, due to the fact I dont have a home scale that can handle my weight to begin with. I go back to the doc the 31 for my 2 week check up and am curious to see how much I have lost.
I know I have lost some but not knowing the amounts is driving me nuts right now. All I can say is my pants are getting looser and I might need a belt soon to keep them up
I love the fact that this thread is started I am over 40 years old (44 to be exact), and over 300 lbs. I know reading others stories and success helps me know I can do this and I am not the only one who has had to go threw it all.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Ah my doublesuffcones, you can do it, you will do it all of us are gonna cheer so loud you will hear us where you're at. We believe in you and you will make your own kind of beautiful music🎶. Nothing to it, so let's do it! My own journey turned a little rocky, hopeful tomorrow my stoma stricture will dialate out, I can progress to the next stage, been on 2 almost ever since surgery 7 weeks ago. Emotionally,i am more than ready to move on, if I can physical/ digestively, Yippee Skippy woo woo!

I just reached 6 months 5 days ago and I'm 103lbs down. I went from 340lbs to 237! I'm proud but the weight loss has slowed down immensely. I need to start working out![emoji24]

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

So many amazing results..so thrilled! I am still pre-op but my highest was 350 and I've lost 50lbs to date but so looking forward to joining the ranks of successful post-op losers soon! Surgeon visit is set for Oct 30th and surgery the week of Nov 12th..joining you all soon!
So soon! You're nearly there! Rooting for you. Mine is tmrw. Yippeee!

Sent from my SM-G930P using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi All,
7 month out and I am about 15 pounds away from goal and finally under 200 pounds. Started at 318 and down to 198. My dr stated that getting the last 15 pounds will take some time and now that I am so close to goal. Feeling good and so happy with my decision.

image-0.00393390655517578.jpg

Hi All,
7 month out and I am about 15 pounds away from goal and finally under 200 pounds. Started at 318 and down to 198. My dr stated that getting the last 15 pounds will take some time and now that I am so close to goal. Feeling good and so happy with my decision. image-0.00393390655517578.thumb.jpg.346c866ef2a7c4049526830c333f5d7b.jpg
Great results! You look awesome. Congratulations on your hard work.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BariatricPal mobile app

2 hours ago, LLG1981 said:

Hi All,
7 month out and I am about 15 pounds away from goal and finally under 200 pounds. Started at 318 and down to 198. My dr stated that getting the last 15 pounds will take some time and now that I am so close to goal. Feeling good and so happy with my decision.

You are killing it, luv! Good luck on your next 15 pounds!

Thanks ladies!!

What a great spot, so glad to find this thread!

I had my sleeve 9/26 at 352 - no loss during the preop phase bc I have (had?) huperinsulinemia and nothing would budge. The sleeve is supposed to correct that, and I sure pray that’s true. So far down about 26 lbs but 17 of that was week 1, so I feel like the jury is still out.

I’m 5’ nothing with hEDS and arthritis, peri-menopausal at 47. If I can get below 300 I think I can do more working out.

On 10/28/2018 at 22:20, Snazarie438 said:

Hello, my highest weight was 370. My weight day of surgery was 335 on 9/12/2018. I am currently down 18 pounds. Are any of you working out?
Hi! Your stats are similar to mine. My highest was 365 - surgery weight was 327 (on 10/10/18) and current weight is around 312. And today I went to the gym for the first time in 10 years!! I went with a friend who has a membership. I did 25 minutes on the treadmill which isn’t super long but I DID IT! And then I JOINED the gym so I can go anytime now!! I plan to go again tomorrow and shoot for 30 minutes!! 👍