Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kind of weird question but didn't want to sound like an idiot during my final consultation.

I am the opposite. I have to do bowel prep but not the 2 week liquid diet. I had the sleeve in February of 2014 and am converting to bypass on 6/26 due to damage from reflux.
I am glad there are other converters!! I am super scared!!

1 hour ago, Kimber628 said:

I am the opposite. I have to do bowel prep but not the 2 week liquid diet. I had the sleeve in February of 2014 and am converting to bypass on 6/26 due to damage from reflux.
I am glad there are other converters!! I am super scared!!

I am beyond scared. I didn't want to have bypass. I just wanted a re-sleeve but my insurance wouldn't cover it bc it's still considered "investigational."

I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but I am afraid as I almost died after my sleeve. 5 hospitalizations, intensive care, and then sent to a more experienced hospital. I had to pay for my mortgage (single mama) but live with my parents for awhile. I had a feeding tube and it was a mess. Infections, blood clots, you name it, it happened. I just can’t have that happen again. It was the worst 6 months of my life.

6 minutes ago, tkyle said:

I'm meeting with NP next week to talk about gastric bypass after sleeve 7 years ago. Advice and thoughts.

It's a tough decision. My insurance picked bypass for me smh. I keep asking myself....can I really do this? Can I start all over?

You will, you can and you'll end up with a smile on your face, a spring in your step and triumph in your heart.💚Not always easy and not always fast but the improvements you make will really last😛

Well...it's been a month since I had RNY. Surgery went well. I lost 15 pounds the first 2 weeks. YAY! I haven't lost a pound since. My dr said my stomach was 1oz. I can eat way more than that and I do not feel any restriction. If I went through this for 15 pounds I'm going to be ticked off. Has anyone had this issue??

Well today the Canadians are celebrating their country and then. in 3 short days we Americans will be celebrating our independance and freedom. Isn't it neat you can snuggle your Great Pyrenees, I can pet my 2 cats and a,dhave a chance to be healthier, fitter and live longer to enjoy our freedoms? 🇺🇸And Thank You Again to our Mum 🇬🇧 the UK❤ who sheltered us, and like a good mother allowed us to grow until we could stand strong and free,on our own 2 Feet!

Ha. I admit to picturing myself on the operating table emptying my bowels right in the middle of my bypass. Not pretty!

If you've ever had a colonoscopy, then you'd be familiar with this clearing-out procedure:

Get yourself a bottle of magnesium citrate (cheap and available over-the-counter everywhere. I like the cherry-flavored). Don't take this liquid the day before your surgery, but a few days before. You'll be in the bathroom a lot, so be prepared for that. Also, be prepared for some semi-explosive goings-on in orifices that you didn't know existed (?!). You might also need to apply some Vaseline around your b-hole to prevent what I refer to as "fire butt".

After you're clean as a whistle, just make sure you follow your clear-liquids diet until your surgery date.

You should go into surgery feeling squeaky clean and sporting that new-car smell. (Just kidding on that last one, but you get the idea.)

Edited by Missouri-Lee's Summit