Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vaniqa

Go for it! Don't wait till you're in your 40's like I did. My mom just got her first treatment and she's 80! I never had to have stubble either. If it's not shaved completely off it will burn so if there is stubble the nurse typically shaves it right before the treatment.

What kind of cost am I looking at?

To add to the above post:

If the cost isn't TOO bad, I might see about getting my acne taken care of, too. I've always had bad acne, even now (I'm 24), and I've got quite a bit of scarring.

To add to the above post:

If the cost isn't TOO bad, I might see about getting my acne taken care of, too. I've always had bad acne, even now (I'm 24), and I've got quite a bit of scarring.

They sell packages of 5 treatments. I think for upper lip, chin, and neck it's not too bad. I'm not sure on the price, maybe around $500-600 and they have those free credit specials all the time too. I think they will tell you that stuff over the phone, and the consultation is free as well. Good luck!

They sell packages of 5 treatments. I think for upper lip, chin, and neck it's not too bad. I'm not sure on the price, maybe around $500-600 and they have those free credit specials all the time too. I think they will tell you that stuff over the phone, and the consultation is free as well. Good luck!
Thanks! :clap2::biggrin1:

I paid about $10k and did face, neck, underarms, and legs from the thighs down to the toes. I had about 6 treatments total. The expensive (and painful) part was the legs.

I paid about $10k and did face, neck, underarms, and legs from the thighs down to the toes. I had about 6 treatments total. The expensive (and painful) part was the legs.
Ouch. To both the price and the pain. :omg:

Ouch. To both the price and the pain. :omg:

Yeah, well, I went to a fancy-schmansy place in Newport Beach because it was really close to the hospital. AND I did have complications; turned out I was allergic to the laser, something the doctor there had NEVER seen. Had to be me, right? I still can't figure out how someone could be allergic to a laser, but I definitely was. I would hive up and swell up and get a fever after each treatment. Of course, the reason I had laser in the first place was because I couldn't use any other hair removal treatments -- allergic to Nair, got horrible hiving and razor burn with razors, and got skin irritation from waxing (and I couldn't handle the pain). So I counted this as temporary and just dealt with it, knowing once I was through it I wouldn't have to think about it again.

Now the pain was absolutely awful. Worse than both of my c-sections. It literally felt like someone was taking a pen knife and opening up my legs from ankle to knee, in little thin lines. And when she did the feet and the knees, it felt like she was taking a cheese-grater to them. I still shudder to think about it.

Yeah, well, I went to a fancy-schmansy place in Newport Beach because it was really close to the hospital. AND I did have complications; turned out I was allergic to the laser, something the doctor there had NEVER seen. Had to be me, right? I still can't figure out how someone could be allergic to a laser, but I definitely was. I would hive up and swell up and get a fever after each treatment. Of course, the reason I had laser in the first place was because I couldn't use any other hair removal treatments -- allergic to Nair, got horrible hiving and razor burn with razors, and got skin irritation from waxing (and I couldn't handle the pain). So I counted this as temporary and just dealt with it, knowing once I was through it I wouldn't have to think about it again.

Now the pain was absolutely awful. Worse than both of my c-sections. It literally felt like someone was taking a pen knife and opening up my legs from ankle to knee, in little thin lines. And when she did the feet and the knees, it felt like she was taking a cheese-grater to them. I still shudder to think about it.

Ah! Stop talking! You're making me have second thoughts about it! :kiss

Ah! Stop talking! You're making me have second thoughts about it! :kiss

Ahhh, sorry about that. Despite everything, it was STILL worth it.

Ahhh, sorry about that. Despite everything, it was STILL worth it.

I have no doubt. I REALLY want to do this, but it might have to wait a while, since I'm still paying off my surgery and I am making VERY little as a grad student.:cry

Few years back I would have been right there with you Lauren going through it----then a hysterectomy and chemo, and lo and behold, I have not had to shave at all since. My hair on my head, my eyebrows and eyelashes are all that ever grew back.....oncologist said it is not uncommon.

Best part of the nightmare known as chemo!!!

I suggest the laser----without hesitation---no competition!

Kat

I have just got to say first of all that when I saw the title of the post for a split second I thought it said something else entirely!!!PMSL

I have a friend who is a trained cosmetic nurse, and she is being trained at the moment on one of the big lasers for hair removal, would you like me to ask her Laurend what she recommends?

Nina x

I have just got to say first of all that when I saw the title of the post for a split second I thought it said something else entirely!!!PMSL

I have a friend who is a trained cosmetic nurse, and she is being trained at the moment on one of the big lasers for hair removal, would you like me to ask her Laurend what she recommends?

Nina x

Please! Thanks! :)

I've been looking in to laser. Packages in my area are around $500 for 6 treatments, or $120 per. That's an average. I haven't done it yet b/c of the pain factor. I have a high pain tolerance, while I'm actually going through the pain, but I'm the world's biggest sissy during all the anticipatory stuff. I've heard everything from "like getting snapped with a rubberband" to "like getting sliced open with an Exacto knife."

I would do it tomorrow if I knew the pain was manageable.

How many treatments did it take you guys, and are you completely hair-free now, or do you still have to shave/tweeze/wax some fine hairs?

Hmm... I wonder if you can use something like EMLA before your session, or if that would impede results...

Laurend- I asked my friend and she said that they actually insist that people shave the area the day before otherwise the hair just gets in the way. She asked me to ask you if you have polycystic ovaries?

Wheetsin - I asked her about the pain, and she has treated parts of her own body and said it is no worse than waxing.She also said that you cant use lidnocaine(?) because the area to be covered is too large, though it would effect the laser. Apparently a girl in the UK covered her whole legs with it and went into cardiac arrest!!!

NIna xx