Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had VSG on 5/10 and I’m at the same weight I was at my surgery 2 days ago. I haven’t had any nausea at all and I only take Tylenol for incision pain. I’m a little worried that everything has been so easy. I was able to lay on my sides immediately after surgery. I did have terrible gas pain the first 36 hours after surgery, but since I walked the halls the entire day and night the day I was in the hospital, it wasn’t very bad once I got home. Yesterday afternoon and evening I took a couple doses of gas x and now I feel great minus the incisions.

I’ve never had surgery before, so can I assume that the fact I’m the same weight after 2 days is because of the 3 IV’s I got?

Just worried because I was easily able to keep down 3 one cup servings of chicken broth yesterday.

Just looking for advice to settle my nerves and reassure myself that this sleeve is actually going to start working soon.

Thanks for any responses :)

HW: 311

CW: 255

SW: 255

First goal weight: 191 lbs

Second goal weight: 159 lbs

Goal weight: 142 lbs

5’6” 34 yo female in NC

I'm right there with you! My sleeve was done on 5/9 and I weigh the same today as I did on the day of my surgery. I've had the same issues with gas and Water retention from the IV's, but I'm not even taking the pain pills because I feel so good.

I'm anxious to see the scale start moving!!

Yes they pump your body full of fluids while in the hospital. Some people can gain 10 pounds during their hospital stay. Have to loose that weight first. Normally it goes away within the first week.

59 minutes ago, moondoggie1983 said:

I assume that the fact I’m the same weight after 2 days is because of the 3 IV’s I got?

Yup...and salt in the broth will make you retain Water a little.

I had VSG on 5/10 and I’m at the same weight I was at my surgery 2 days ago. I haven’t had any nausea at all and I only take Tylenol for incision pain. I’m a little worried that everything has been so easy. I was able to lay on my sides immediately after surgery. I did have terrible gas pain the first 36 hours after surgery, but since I walked the halls the entire day and night the day I was in the hospital, it wasn’t very bad once I got home. Yesterday afternoon and evening I took a couple doses of gas x and now I feel great minus the incisions.
I’ve never had surgery before, so can I assume that the fact I’m the same weight after 2 days is because of the 3 IV’s I got?
Just worried because I was easily able to keep down 3 one cup servings of chicken broth yesterday.
Just looking for advice to settle my nerves and reassure myself that this sleeve is actually going to start working soon.
Thanks for any responses [emoji4]
CW: 255
SW: 255
5’6” 34 yo female in NC

It’s great that you are feeling so good! I had my surgery 5/9, I left the hospital the same weight I went in. I’m down two pounds as of now. I’m so nervous about eating and drinking still though. I’m drinking and been feeling fine but I’m paranoid lol. The only real negative is I’m slightly nauseous.

My sisters was 5/10 and I wish I felt good. My back is killing me!! Compensating for my lack of strong abdominals. I can’t get any sleep

I actually came home from the hospital 6 pounds heavier from the Fluid and swelling. I am now 15 days out and down 20 pounds from my surgery weight— 26 if you want to count the Water. I also kept my fluids and Protein Shakes down, no problems.

It will start working soon, just give your body a week or so to get over the shock.

I could have written your post word for word. I had very little pain and was able to sleep on my side after a night or two. Remember to take your time with eating---it's harder to be slow with liquids sometimes---and pay attention to what your body is doing and saying to you.

My VSG was 4/12 and I'm down about 25 lbs and feeling great. It will happen! Best of luck to you!

Sleeved on 5/09/18 and I’m feeling great I’m wondering if I’m drinking too much Water as well. I can drink about 4oz at a time. I’ve lost 4lbs since surgery I just don’t want to break my sleeve ugh by drinking too much

I got sleeved on 5/2 and had severe nausea. I couldn't keep anything down for the first 4 days. I can now tolerate Water, popsicles and the Protein Shakes. I'm down 21 pounds so far so don't be discouraged.

My surgery was 5/9 and I am having chicken broth. Ate all of my popsicles. That would be 40 popsicles since Friday the 11th when I got home. Yes, they were sugar free.

I [emoji173]️ this! I’m getting a lot of SF popsicles too!

SW: 255 VSG
CW: 252

5’6” 34 yo female in NC

I got sleeved on 5/2 and had severe nausea. I couldn't keep anything down for the first 4 days. I can now tolerate Water, popsicles and the Protein Shakes. I'm down 21 pounds so far so don't be discouraged.

Thank you for the encouragement! I hope I can do as well as you with the weight loss! Glad you’re feeling better now :)

5’6” 34 yo female in NC

I could have written your post word for word. I had very little pain and was able to sleep on my side after a night or two. Remember to take your time with eating---it's harder to be slow with liquids sometimes---and pay attention to what your body is doing and saying to you.
My VSG was 4/12 and I'm down about 25 lbs and feeling great. It will happen! Best of luck to you!

I’m glad I’m not alone! I was freaking out because it seemed too damn easy compared to a lot of people. And then hardly any weight off. I was going nuts! Hearing someone else had an easy journey in the beginning as well and was still able to lose weight has given me more confidence. Thank you so very much!

5’6” 34 yo female in NC