Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First day of liquid diet

Hey ya’ll. Today is the first day of my liquid diet and I’m already weeping over my coffee maker. Lol. Anyone feel my pain? Welp, May 25th—I’m coming for you!

“I know that I’m in my own little world—but it’s ok, they like me here.”

48 minutes ago, cammarays said:

Hey ya’ll. Today is the first day of my liquid diet and I’m already weeping over my coffee maker. Lol. Anyone feel my pain? Welp, May 25th—I’m coming for you!

Yes. I feel it. I LOVE my fresh ground and brewed coffee from my jura superauto (hubby calls me a coffee snob).

I settled for stepping down from two coffees a day to one, then dropped caffeine content until I was used to full Decaf Beans a few weeks before pre op diet started. Also started getting used to replacing the full cream milk with 1% and the teaspoon of sugar with Stevia sweetener.

Most days I start my morning with a fresh decaf while still on liquids, but I may skip it some days depending on what I'm having for Breakfast once I get puree/soft foods stage next Wednesday. In a few months I'd like to go back to one real coffee a day though (provided it doesn't trigger acid/gerd).

A lady after my own heart, I may wear jumble sale and thrift store sometimes but there are things one does not compromise on.😛💬💕

Oh noooooo, not decaf:57_cry: ! Before I started the liquid diet I found that some people in the forums use the Premier Protein shakes as a creamer! It is really good!! So I do have something to look forward to when I allow mysefl to have coffee again.

I've used Stevia for quite some time so I already accosted to it, but I do miss my coffee. I might have to test some Decaf to find a decent one when the time comes.

Oh noooooo, not decaf:57_cry: ! Before I started the liquid diet I found that some people in the forums use the Premier Protein shakes as a creamer! It is really good!! So I do have something to look forward to when I allow mysefl to have coffee again.
I've used Stevia for quite some time so I already accosted to it, but I do miss my coffee. I might have to test some Decaf to find a decent one when the time comes.

I always buy decaf now it was a switch I dreaded due to my heart doctors orders then for this bariatric surgery coming up 6-4-18 but I find now it's satisfying, of course I buy Dunkin Donuts from their shop but Wal-Mart has it or their store brand of donut shop kind or breakfast blends are good too or just look for samples of decafs try them you may be surprised.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using BariatricPal mobile app

Buy half caff, they edge over to Decaf, you might learn to mind the swich as bad. And yes caramel liquid Premier Protein makes a nice Creamer, even the equate version at Wal-Mart $2 cheaper still pretty fine. I'm really,liking the taste of svelte but the Protein count n is lower. Drat!

I always buy Decaf now it was a switch I dreaded due to my heart doctors orders then for this bariatric surgery coming up 6-4-18 but I find now it's satisfying, of course I buy Dunkin Donuts from their shop but Wal-Mart has it or their store brand of donut shop kind or breakfast blends are good too or just look for samples of decafs try them you may be surprised.

Thank you. Maybe I’ll try Peet’s decaf. It’s already my favorite brand so maybe the decaf is doable. Thanks for the suggestion!

Buy half caff, they edge over to Decaf, you might learn to mind the swich as bad. And yes caramel liquid Premier Protein makes a nice Creamer, even the equate version at Wal-Mart $2 cheaper still pretty fine. I'm really,liking the taste of svelte but the Protein count n is lower. Drat!

Omg the Carmel, the Carmel! I’m going to freeze it to see if it tastes like ice cream. Fingers crossed. Thanks for the coffee suggestion.

Thank you. Maybe I’ll try Peet’s Decaf. It’s already my favorite brand so maybe the decaf is doable. Thanks for the suggestion!

I heard good things about Pete's coffee... :)

How are you doing now day 3? I am on day 1 and so far no weeping, but i had already given up sweet tea which was my crutch. So i think if i can give up that i can make it....goodness it was so hard. But im a southern girl i grew up on sweet tea.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm on day 1 and had to give up my sweet tea too!! I need to try premier protien in my coffee tomorrow- I used Almond Milk this morning.

How are you doing now day 3? I am on day 1 and so far no weeping, but i had already given up sweet tea which was my crutch. So i think if i can give up that i can make it....goodness it was so hard. But im a southern girl i grew up on sweet tea.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BariatricPal mobile app

Hey there! So, the worst day was end of day 1. I had a ridiculous headache. Today was day 4, and I have to say I think I’m in a groove. Yes, every single food related commercial makes me salivate, but it passes. We will make it sweet tea and java less—we will cross the finish line. Wishing you the best! Whoop whoop!

I'm on day 1 and had to give up my sweet tea too!! I need to try premier protien in my coffee tomorrow- I used Almond Milk this morning.

Try the caramel or vanilla in your coffee. It does not disappoint. I was really surprised at how good it was.

On 5/11/2018 at 7:08 AM, cammarays said:

I feel very fortunate to only have 2 days of liquid diet for pre-op....3 weeks of no starches, though.

Hang in there!!

1 hour ago, doingitforme18 said:

I feel very fortunate to only have 2 days of liquid diet for pre-op....3 weeks of no starches, though.

Hang in there!!

2 days??? (insert hot jealous tears here). Lol.