Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not eating soft foods yet! Exhausted and can’t get all protein in

Agreed, not trolling. My plan is Clear Liquids for 24, full liquid ( including Greek yogurt, jello) for 10 days, then soft food “chewed to the consistency of applesauce” for 2-3 weeks following that. I was approved by my nut to start adding in soft foods slowly, such as scrambled eggs or oatmeal at this weekend (surg was Monday) because I have 0 difficulty getting fluids and Protein. The day after my surgery I had 70oz Fluid and 55g Protein, and the second even more. I am averaging 60-80g of protein per day, and 80-90oz of Water. I tried cream of wheat this am, and was able to handle it just fine, just took longer to eat it.

Every practice is different. Doesn’t mean we are trolling or sabotaging ourselves.

Hi everyone! Thanks for the suggestions. I am on soft food phase this week and doing much better..: still not meeting the Protein intake but I think I will look into the genpro so I can add that to my Water. I appreciate all the suggestions and comments here. I will be a month out on the 23rd and have lost 35 pounds. It seems slow to me but I am still proud of my progress

20 hours ago, Nikki_Nik87 said:

:huh: Totally not a troll... In fact, why would someone lie about what something like that?? The day I left the hospital I was on Full liquids (clear only in hosp.) Day 8 I went to soft foods. I just started off with the softest things like yogurt, cottage cheese, etc. Then worked my way up to ground meats. I have not once had a bad reaction to anything. I totally agree with @sillykitty, everyone's healing process is different. What works for me may not work for you. Doesn't mean our surgeons don't know what they're doing. My surgeon has a very high success rate so I doubt he'd tell me to do anything that would negatively effect me.

I didn't mean anything by my comment. Before I had my surgery i looked up the average stages and lengths and they were mostly similar, clear for a few days, full a week or so, blended then 1 month soft foods. It said it was just about protecting your new stomach. But my surgeon isn't the same as yours. Maybe yours used glue or sutures for your wounds, mine used (ugh) staples! My stomach couldn't tolerate blended too early. Plus one surgeon's soft diet is different (probably than the other) I'm on soft now and I can have meat, non blended fruits and veggies crackers crushed up in Soup and cheese blah blah. Besides if your body couldn't take it, you wouldn't eat it, or that's what my deal is

On 5/20/2018 at 11:31 AM, magpie26 said:

I didn't mean anything by my comment. Before I had my surgery i looked up the average stages and lengths and they were mostly similar, clear for a few days, full a week or so, blended then 1 month soft foods. It said it was just about protecting your new stomach. But my surgeon isn't the same as yours. Maybe yours used glue or sutures for your wounds, mine used (ugh) staples! My stomach couldn't tolerate blended too early. Plus one surgeon's soft diet is different (probably than the other) I'm on soft now and I can have meat, non blended fruits and veggies crackers crushed up in Soup and cheese blah blah. Besides if your body couldn't take it, you wouldn't eat it, or that's what my deal is

No worries! I took no offense to your comment. I was referring to the guy who suggested that anything other than his plan was a internet troll or patients just making up their plans as they go. Every single person I have talked to has all had a different plan than I have. I even know someone who started solid foods 30 days after surgery, but all have been very successful and have had no complications. Its interesting how different everyone's journey is.

The difference have been a little confusing for me too. I have 10 days of each: clear, full, soft/purees. Even though I see others get to advance quicker, just gonna follow my surgeon's recommendation.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Sorry, nothing surprises me anymore and I will never extend enough trust on the internet. My tastes buds were so rearranged after surgery, even if my surgeon cleared me for solid food, I would not have been unable to eat anything or I would have puked it up.

Edited by Sammy 10-30

31 minutes ago, Sammy 10-30 said:

Sorry, nothing surprises me anymore and I will never extend enough trust on the internet. My tastes buds were so rearranged after surgery, even if my surgeon cleared me for solid food, I would not have been unable to eat anything or I would have puked it up. So if someone with legit food consumption issue was given a green light after surgery, chances are that individual would rupture and stretch the crap of their new stomach or eventually will.

Is it impossible for you to believe someone has had a different experience than you?

Is it possible for you to read my earlier post's, I already acknowledged your question and addressed our diets are different.