Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I do IF (intermittent fasting) as well as a low carb approach. It is "defacto" keto, even though I some days eat 40-50g of total carbs, my net (minus fiber) may be between 25-30g net carbs. I can assure you I am in ketosis. :) I do keep my fat lower cuz I don't tolerate it very well right now.

I met 1st goal (150lbs) at 8.5 months and am 9lbs away from 2nd goal. I hope to reach that in about 30-45 days. Then beyond to Goal #3 which will be end goal and I don't know where that will end up. I hope somewhere around 125-130lbs. I eat about 2 meals per day, sometimes 1, sometimes 2 meals + small snack.

Here was yesterday's plan. It was whacky. I normally have way more veg on there and usually have a daily salad, but I'd fasted for 39hours the day before and was very hungry for fat and protein--so I ate it:

image.thumb.png.b75bca683df1cc6dec356c21a2c5fcbd.png

I'm very sedentary due to physical problems and living in or near ketosis makes a big difference in my life. I feel better and have lots fewer food cravings. I've lost 160 pounds with the lapband, and have about 100 more to go.

Because of my physical weakness, I can't do much cooking. If I wasn't careful, I would buy Cookies, crackers, candy and ice cream to fill my belly. Ready made food is so much easier.

Here is my basic meal plan.Right now I am limiting my carb intake to about 50 carbs a day. For Breakfast I have a Protein Shake made with milk. (I have vanilla, chocolate, strawberry,cookies and cream and cinnamon bun flavored protein). lunch time is a hearty salad--lots of greens, cucumber, bell pepper, mushrooms, avocado, and occasionally artichoke hearts. I often add some cheese. I use a low carb dressing. For dinner, I have a source of protein--chicken, hamburger,eggs or something similar. I often mix it with veggies, like adding onion, celery, pickles and garlic to make a chicken salad, or cooking it with onions,garlic, mushrooms, peppers, squash, tomatoes or eggplant. With my Protein dish, I have a cooked vegetable--often cauliflower, broccoli, asparagus, or artichoke hearts with cheese. If I get hungry later in the evening, I will have another protein shake or I will whip up 1/2 cup of cream, and when it gets soft peaks, I add a scoop of Protein Powder and mix it in. That sometimes puts me just over my limit, but not enough to cause a problem.

I lived this way for five years, and lost most of my weight in those years. I suddenly lost control, craving sweets like they would be removed from the planet tomorrow. I believe this is when my cancer was growing fast, but didn't realize I had it. Once the surgery removed my cancer, it took a while to get back to eating right, but I wasn't to lose weight because of the chemo.

Now I am once again living the low carb life, and I like how I feel

Mindwing -- such a rollercoaster you have been through!! But good for you for getting through it and back on track. You are an inspiration!

8 hours ago, mindwing said:

I'm very sedentary due to physical problems and living in or near ketosis makes a big difference in my life. I feel better and have lots fewer food cravings. I've lost 160 pounds with the lapband, and have about 100 more to go.

Because of my physical weakness, I can't do much cooking. If I wasn't careful, I would buy Cookies, crackers, candy and ice cream to fill my belly. Ready made food is so much easier.

Here is my basic meal plan.Right now I am limiting my carb intake to about 50 carbs a day. For Breakfast I have a Protein Shake made with milk. (I have vanilla, chocolate, strawberry,cookies and cream and cinnamon bun flavored protein). lunch time is a hearty salad--lots of greens, cucumber, bell pepper, mushrooms, avocado, and occasionally artichoke hearts. I often add some cheese. I use a low carb dressing. For dinner, I have a source of protein--chicken, hamburger,eggs or something similar. I often mix it with veggies, like adding onion, celery, pickles and garlic to make a chicken salad, or cooking it with onions,garlic, mushrooms, peppers, squash, tomatoes or eggplant. With my Protein dish, I have a cooked vegetable--often cauliflower, broccoli, asparagus, or artichoke hearts with cheese. If I get hungry later in the evening, I will have another Protein shake or I will whip up 1/2 cup of cream, and when it gets soft peaks, I add a scoop of Protein Powder and mix it in. That sometimes puts me just over my limit, but not enough to cause a problem.

I lived this way for five years, and lost most of my weight in those years. I suddenly lost control, craving sweets like they would be removed from the planet tomorrow. I believe this is when my cancer was growing fast, but didn't realize I had it. Once the surgery removed my cancer, it took a while to get back to eating right, but I wasn't to lose weight because of the chemo.

Now I am once again living the low carb life, and I like how I feel

What a trooper and way to inspire us all lady!!! ((hugs)) On your struggles and challenges. I know as you lose even more in the coming year, you will continue to feel better and better. Love your plan!!

Hey, have you considered swapping regular milk for Fairlife Milk (any fat content you want/need)? It has high protein and is lower carb!!! I love it. Also if you're in Texas, Mootopia is basically the same thing. Lower carb. Just spitballing for you!

Congrats on your amazing success and stick-to-it-tiveness!

I live in a small town and milk is fine for me. I sometimes mix it with cream to lower the carbs a bit. I think the only thing we can do is stick to it. If one thing in the keto diet doesn't work, I try another. We have a choice, find a way that works to lose the weight, or give up and never find success. There are a lot of excuses out there, and I've used them--too busy, too broke, too tired, My disability has taken everything else from me, I'm not giving up this. But they were excuses.

Unfortunately, losing weight has never helped me feel better. I might have lost it sooner if it did. I feel the same, no matter what. I understand that isn't normal. And at my age and health, I just get feeling worse as time goes by. At least I know I'm not getting worse as fast as I could.