Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have noticed a lot of our super fit vets...

Jess, Jen, Mike, etc...

Are exercise maniacs.

I'm thinking that stellar results...and a lot of cardio....

are linked:)

2 hours ago, Creekimp13 said:

Jess, Jen, Mike, etc...

Are exercise maniacs.

I'm thinking that stellar results...and a lot of cardio....

are linked:)

Many bariathletes out there. But thanks for the shout out! Hope I was the jen you mentioned..lol

Couch potato to lifting weights and cardio. I was not an exercise addict pre surgery. Actually hated exercise even in the first months of weight loss. I took it slow and built my workouts up over time. Nothing happens overnight.

You were indeed:)

You guys inspire me big time.

Today, I was working in my garden, Pulled out a whole bucket of raspberry canes (they've taken over) and a whole bucket of iris toes.

Rented a tiller and tilled everything:) Took a bike ride with my daughter this afternoon. Saw turtles and baby geese and sandhill cranes....was a beautiful day here.

My activity level compared to last spring is just amazing. I am LOVING this level of activity....and I really never thought I would. I was a serious couch potato. Now, I'm seeing so many possibilities. I want to put an orchard in, build a frame for grapes. i'm thinking of getting chickens again.

Last summer I started mowing lawns with a push mower....which my hubby thinks is hysterical because we've got a perfectly good riding mower.

Somehow, I like being able to see what I've done...the amount of yard I can cover at one time kinda dares me to up my game. Mowing lawns by hand is a full body workout! Hubby is glad to be out from under that weekend chore, too.

As nutty as this sounds...I'm looking forward to that again. I feel so satisfied that I CAN, you know?

I'm looking forward to the pool maintenance, too. LOL:)

I do a lot of walking on a 3-5 mile forest trail (length depends on which way you go). Have started to do a few bursts of running on my walk. It's still killing me, but I can do it longer now:)

I just like being able to say I CAN:)

No better feeling!

7 minutes ago, Creekimp13 said:

You were indeed:)

You guys inspire me big time.

Today, I was working in my garden, Pulled out a whole bucket of raspberry canes (they've taken over) and a whole bucket of iris toes.

Rented a tiller and tilled everything:) Took a bike ride with my daughter this afternoon. Saw turtles and baby geese and sandhill cranes....was a beautiful day here.

My activity level compared to last spring is just amazing. I am LOVING this level of activity....and I really never thought I would. I was a serious couch potato. Now, I'm seeing so many possibilities. I want to put an orchard in, build a frame for grapes. i'm thinking of getting chickens again.

Last summer I started mowing lawns with a push mower....which my hubby thinks is hysterical because we've got a perfectly good riding mower.

Somehow, I like being able to see what I've done...the amount of yard I can cover at one time kinda dares me to up my game. Mowing lawns by hand is a full body workout! Hubby is glad to be out from under that weekend chore, too.

As nutty as this sounds...I'm looking forward to that again. I feel so satisfied that I CAN, you know?

I'm looking forward to the pool maintenance, too. LOL:)

I do a lot of walking on a 3-5 mile forest trail (length depends on which way you go). Have started to do a few bursts of running on my walk. It's still killing me, but I can do it longer now:)

I just like being able to say I CAN:)

No better feeling!

Love that you're out living life in a big way. It's like making up for lost time...right?

It's instant gratification to see progress. Not just on the improvements of your landscaping..lol but in the strength and abilities you gained that many people take for granted.

Hope all this makes you feel like a kid again..lol Bike riding makes me feel like I'm 12..Love it!

1 hour ago, jenn1 said:

It's like making up for lost time...right?

Bigtime!

21 hours ago, Creekimp13 said:

I'm thinking that stellar results...and a lot of cardio....are linked:)

I know Jenn & Jess, but I don't know Mike; but I don't contribute my results are linked to cardio. I do cardio for increased lung capacity and heart health. General fitness and calorie expenditure I completely attribute to heavy lifting.

Of course, I may not be a vet you would call "super fit".

BigViffer, Awesome results!

I think, for me anyway....one of the bigger keys to increasing fitness and getting that stubborn scale to keep moving...is being very very active and picking challenging workouts. I think heavy lifting qualifies:)

CreekImp you,are now a CAN DO kid. I want to join you there one of these days myself, and you know what? I think I will! Feeling a little more positive today, I'm, like the,upbeat kid in the room full of manure. I'm thinking,with all that I've waded through there's got to be a pony somewhere, and it may even be a full'grownThoroughbred. The Kentucky Oaks is on today, fillies and mares, tomorrow. is the Kentucky Derby where only the best 3 year olds race. I'll never make the money they make, but on the other hand I don't have fragile legs and ankles that break so easily. At 72,i guess I've come to terms with the trade-off.😝

19 hours ago, BigViffer said:

I know Jenn & Jess, but I don't know Mike; but I don't contribute my results are linked to cardio. I do cardio for increased lung capacity and heart health. General fitness and calorie expenditure I completely attribute to heavy lifting.

Of course, I may not be a vet you would call "super fit".

Oh yes, You are fit. I've seen your lifting photos.

@BigViffer

2016-10-01 225lbs Deadlift.jpg

Hope you don't mind me re posting photos

@336Mike

20180324_084738.jpg

18 hours ago, Creekimp13 said:

BigViffer, Awesome results!

I think, for me anyway....one of the bigger keys to increasing fitness and getting that stubborn scale to keep moving...is being very very active and picking challenging workouts. I think heavy lifting qualifies:)

Each of us have personal fitness goals. Goals may change and evolve over time. You never know where the WLS process may take you.

Be your own awesome !!!!!

And something I now believe after years of self-doubt, an awesome me not only fills the bill, it's a great thing to be!😝👊

This is the biggest life transformation for me. I already had an amazing diet with some quantity issues, lol. I now want to work out. I am sick, bad cold, and for a couple days I couldn’t work out, me sick, and caring for a worse sick child. I missed it so much I found a way to work in a workout this morning even though not really very well. What a difference. Before surgery, I would have been glad to have an excuse not to work out! You can’t work out when you have a bad cold, you need to rest! No way, I wanted to work out even sick. What a change.

And like the others, I enjoy using my body now, pushing heavy car hatches, carrying bags of earth, getting on the scooters with my kids, whatever. It’s amazing. I love it.

I read the fit vets and while I knew I had to start working out like them, I didn’t really believe they loved working out. Now I believe it. To newbies, just start really easy and slow. I signed on to Jillian Michaels’ app and it was perfect for the total beginner I was once cleared to work out.

Oh yes, You are fit. I've seen your lifting photos.

[mention=252425]BigViffer[/mention]

Hope you don't mind me re posting photos

Of course I don't mind. Do whatever you like with my photos Jenn [emoji12]

I must say, I haven't looked at those older photos in a while. I'm actually a bit bigger now in the shoulders and traps. I stopped posting so many pictures and even took some down after some creepy messages.

Sent from my phone. Please forgive brevity and spelling.

8 hours ago, BigViffer said:

Of course I don't mind. Do whatever you like with my photos Jenn emoji12.png

I must say, I haven't looked at those older photos in a while. I'm actually a bit bigger now in the shoulders and traps. I stopped posting so many pictures and even took some down after some creepy messages.

Sent from my phone. Please forgive brevity and spelling.

Post an updated one i won't send you a creepy message.....Or will I:huh:;)