Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone not feeling restriction anymore?



Recommended Posts

I'm nearly 30 weeks on from surgery.

I feel that the restriction I felt before xmas 2017 has diminished somewhat. I used to do about 750 calories per day the first 7 weeks.

By January, with a lot of exercise (2-3 hours per day), I was eating 990-1150 calories daily.

In the last fortnight, I'm having a lot of 1200-1350 calorie days.

My weight has dropped under 1.5kg in the last four weeks ... very slow ... almost at a stall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So maybe this is a sign to reign in your calories again? Although for a guy who exercises as much as you do, 990-1150 seems reasonable, maybe even a little low?

I'm at 9 weeks now and I am finally able to feel my restriction. In the early days I could not really tell if I even had any.

@PinkMints are you following the rules of surgery? (And what did you have done?) No eating or drinking 30-30? Proteins first (the denser the better), dense fibrous veggies, some fats, low glycemic fruit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m following the guidelines except for the waiting 30 after eating to drink I know it’s bad but I just can’t shake that off lol ever since I got of soft food diet my weight loss has been stalled completely I figured I would feel restricted less and less over the years but it’s only been 5 months!


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, PinkMints said:

I’m following the guidelines except for the waiting 30 after eating to drink I know it’s bad but I just can’t shake that off lol ever since I got of soft food diet my weight loss has been stalled completely I figured I would feel restricted less and less over the years but it’s only been 5 months!

Honestly? That's the 1 WORST habit my surgeon and RD said. It will allow you eat more, plus it will stretch your anatomy (if you're an RNY) it can open the stoma too much and stretch that opening so then you have no resistance. No. It's too soon for you to be not feeling it. It's because of the drinking with food. You just need to STOP it. No excuses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OP had ESG - so internal stitching to make the stomach smaller and since the majority of posters are VSG or RNY "we" generally have no frame of reference in her case, as we have no idea the size of her stitched stomach.

BUT the rule still applies to no liquids for 30 minutes after eating and this rule should not be broken. And perhaps the OP should just stick to measuring the portions. I would speculate that the ESG patient gets no benefit of grhelin reduction since the fundus is still intact internally and may not have the added appetite suppressant of fundus removal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Sosewsue61 said:

OP had ESG - so internal stitching to make the stomach smaller and since the majority of posters are VSG or RNY "we" generally have no frame of reference in her case, as we have no idea the size of her stitched stomach.

BUT the rule still applies to no liquids for 30 minutes after eating and this rule should not be broken. And perhaps the OP should just stick to measuring the portions. I would speculate that the ESG patient gets no benefit of grhelin reduction since the fundus is still intact internally and may not have the added appetite suppressant of fundus removal.

That's a great point! I've no idea about ESG. How did you know her surgery type? I looked but didn't find it! TY!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the ESG forum isn’t it ? but yes there is no grherlin reduction so it’s a little harder for ESG patients, unfortunately my surgeon didn’t really press the issue on the no drinking after 30 minutes so I didn’t take it too seriously I won’t lie. The surgery is pretty new in the states so there isn’t much information at all


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, PinkMints said:

This is the ESG forum isn’t it ? but yes there is no grherlin reduction so it’s a little harder for ESG patients, unfortunately my surgeon didn’t really press the issue on the no drinking after 30 minutes so I didn’t take it too seriously I won’t lie. The surgery is pretty new in the states so there isn’t much information at all

Ok, DERP! I saw your question on the RECENT TOPICS panel. Knowing I wasn't trespassing in the Guys' Room, I thought I was just in the General Area and not in the ESG area. Thanks for pointing that out.

It would be helpful to anyone helping out with questions though, if you will take a minute and go fill out your profile and make a weight ticker and tell us about yourself and your surgery/weight loss history. You'll see that info under my name and icon on each post, plus in my signature line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the absence of information, I'd be inclined to use the VSG rules as your personal rules for success.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you may have to be on a desktop. welcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 27/04/2018 at 8:12 PM, PinkMints said:

I’m about 5 months out and don’t feel nearly as restricted before and can also eat more food. Did anyone go through this ??

How are things going for you now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still the same honestly just watching every calorie I put in my mouth. Feeling restriction but not any where close to what it was at the beginning but thank God I’m not eating like I was before surgery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Recent Status Updates

    • OutbackJo

      Has anyone had a gastric sleeve revision? 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Mousiana

      Hate thinking about foods I used to love... Burgers & wings. Gotta stay focused. 😤
      · 1 reply
      1. WilliamZef

        https://gayxxx24.com - GayXXX Free Gay Porn Movies & Videos Free Gay XXX - Gay XXX.

    • Arabesque

      Went to see the Star Wars movie yesterday. (Glad I waited as no one else was in the cinema for the midday session - yes!) Hadn’t been to the cinema for a few months and OMG I suffered the most terrible butt pain.  So uncomfortable. Started after 30 mins. Was in the premium cinema so grabbed a cushion to sit on but it didn’t help. Ended up sitting sideways in the chair, stretched out on an ottoman. Soooo super glad no one else was there. Sometimes I do miss my old butt fat cushioning... but not really. 
      · 1 reply
      1. Panda333

        ha..I have that issue too.....miss my built in pillow!

    • Hollyh

      Approved surgery in am yea!
      · 3 replies
      1. Combowep

        https://blog.earny.me

      2. Tobencah

        Hello

      3. Tobencah

        Hello

    • maggie78

      I have a surgery date, I have my next doctor appointment on Wed and then Thursday I start my 2 week liquid pre-op diet. I am very nervous right now. I know it's going to be a tough mind game. 
      · 1 reply
      1. GreenTealael

        💚 Congratulations, you'll do great 💚

  • Trending Topics

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×