Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Confessions from a non-com (as in non-compliant)

4 minutes ago, Creekimp13 said:

Funny how different they all are, isn't it? :)

Yup!

6 minutes ago, Creekimp13 said:

phase four.jpg

So I noticed this is during the pureed phase.... so your Protein goals don't go up as you reach solid foods? I'm sure you probably surpass this goal daily anyway.

No, our Protein goal is the same. 60g per day, during loss phase. We encouraged to go up to 80g if we choose to, but it's not necessary. I end up in the 70's typically.

We can stick with 6 little 200 calorie meals per day...or transition to three 400 calorie meals. I like to do little meals and Snacks for Breakfast and lunch, and a bigger meal for dinner. All ok with my program. Just have to keep the calories at or under 1200.

Exercise is written on a prescription pad and is talked about with as much urgency as diet in my program.

3 minutes ago, Creekimp13 said:

No, our Protein goal is the same. 60g per day, during loss phase. We encouraged to go up to 80g if we choose to, but it's not necessary. I end up in the 70's typically.

We can stick with 6 little 200 calorie meals per day...or transition to three 400 calorie meals. I like to do little meals and Snacks for Breakfast and lunch, and a bigger meal for dinner. All ok with my program. Just have to keep the calories at or under 1200.

Exercise is written on a prescription pad and is talked about with as much urgency as diet in my program.

I like the part about exercise being important. I there is a lot of vets on here that think healthy eating is the end all be all, but exercise is important for life long health. My program also considers exercise to be a pillar of the program.

32 minutes ago, Creekimp13 said:

phase four.jpg

OMgosh, 20 grams of Protein in one meal - yikes! I looked at my log and the most I've ever gotten from "real food" was 12, and that was yogurt! On solid food (other than Protein Bars which I now use for breakfast), the most I've ever hit was 9!

I lived in Japan for a year. People in Japan have the second longest longevity in the world, right after Monaco (Mediterranean).

Both the Japanese diet and Mediterranean diet are high in complex carbs and much lower in Protein than the American diet. They eat carbs and veggies...and live to be an average of 85 and 89, respectively.

I follow a semi-vegetarian lowfat diet because I feel better, my cholesterol is perfect on it, and I want to be healthy and active like a old Japanese lady:)

Japan has one of the lowest cancer rates among developed nations, too.

And one of the lowest rates of cardiovascular disease.

3 minutes ago, Creekimp13 said:

I lived in Japan for a year. People in Japan have the second longest longevity in the world, right after Monaco (Mediterranean).

Both the Japanese diet and Mediterranean diet are high in complex carbs and much lower in Protein than the American diet. They eat carbs and veggies...and live to be an average of 85 and 89, respectively.

I follow a semi-vegetarian lowfat diet because I feel better, my cholesterol is perfect on it, and I want to be healthy and active like a old Japanese lady:)

Japan has one of the lowest cancer rates among developed nations, too.

And one of the lowest rates of cardiovascular disease.

I used to eat very "Mediterranean" - love it. My problem was quantity, not quality :(

I think one of the reasons my program has lower Protein requirements than you'll often see....is that my program serves a LOT of international clients, many of whom are vegetarian or semi-vegetarian culturally.

High protein diets DO promote faster weight loss. This is undeniable.

But I'm building my forever diet...and I'm trying to get my body used to a diet it can be on forever...so I don't have a big metabolic shift later. (or the weight gain that can occur with big dietary changes)

For me, a high protein low carb diet is not a great choice for a forever diet.

If I were 400 pounds...I would consider a very restrictive high protein diet for a short period of time for rapid weight loss.

At 190...I want something sustainable and permanent. I want a forever diet that I can live with...well...forever. LOL:)

15 hours ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

OK, I went to the grocery store after work to pick up a rotisserie chicken and some veggies - good so far. Picked up 6 cans of tuna on sale, still good. 2 loaves of bread - not for me - still good. Wandered down the produce aisle and what do I see? The most gorgeous pears! Beautiful, gold with a rosy blush. Temptation! I picked them up - perfectly ripe - soft but not bruised. I succumbed and brought them home. I still could have made good choices, but . . . No, I did not eat Protein first! Yes, I washed off one of those beauties and ate nearly 1/3 of it before the consequences of my actions caught up with me. Now I'm guiltily sitting here stuffed to my tonsils but it was worth it! I think the snake offered Eve a pear and the Bible just got it wrong!

Who else needs to confess?

Lol so fruit is the 8th deadly sin lol

I ate 454 g of watermelon in 2 days, it was wonderful. I planto do it again next month

fruit and veggies are my ❤❤❤, i generally feel better with them in my life

Love you Tealael, just gotta love you!👍

OMgosh, 20 grams of Protein in one meal - yikes! I looked at my log and the most I've ever gotten from "real food" was 12, and that was yogurt! On solid food (other than Protein Bars which I now use for breakfast), the most I've ever hit was 9!

Eating 3-4 oz of chicken or turkey gets you up there in protein!

HW 242, SW 236- (Bypass 12/20/17)
GW#1- 199 (2/11/18)
GW#2- 180 (4/2/18)
GW#3- 160
CW 172
5’6”

2 hours ago, BostonWLKC said:

Eating 3-4 oz of chicken or turkey gets you up there in protein!

HW 242, SW 236- (Bypass 12/20/17)
GW#1- 199 (2/11/18)
GW#2- 180 (4/2/18)
GW#3- 160
CW 172
5’6”

Yeah, but I'm still quite a way from that. Sometimes I can't eat a full ounce, but at most about 1.25 ounces. Baby steps . . .

Just keep swimming! :D

In my plan we are allowed 3 servings of fruit a day I don't think I could deal with a program that limited fruit. It is a staple in my diet.

Sent from my SM-T380 using BariatricPal mobile app

11 minutes ago, newmebithebypass said:

In my plan we are allowed 3 servings of fruit a day I don't think I could deal with a program that limited fruit. It is a staple in my diet.

Sent from my SM-T380 using BariatricPal mobile app

It is amazing how different all the plans are, and everyone seems to be losing weight regardless!