Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

PJTP that my dear MIL (sarcasm) has decided to move near me (less than a block away). I haven't been worth talking to in a year, but now she LOVES me. Seems she can't afford food now that she is moving so close. She came over to eat last night (uninvited I might add). She is moving less than a block away. They have already called to ask if I am cooking tonight. I may not cook again for a long time!

Lulu - how's the new job going?

Meanwhile, in a parallel universe, Donna is now at level 61 in Mob Wars and seriously needs more mobsters. For those of you who have not yet complied, go to my Facebook page and click on "Join My Mob." SERIOUSLY, DO IT!

good - trying to strike a balance. DH wants me to do it FT (cause of the $$$), me i prefer PT......so trying to find a happy medium inbetween. thanks for asking!

ps - you & your mob..LOL:tongue2:

ptjp - my best friend might kill me. she caught me on fb last night and told me that she found out her 15yr old had a party friday night ... kids got drunk & she has parents calling her left / right. she's in Mexico till thursday.

well i just called her son and told him he better get a friend to pop him in the jaw/get some injury because his mother is going to kill HIM. figured he needed fair warning - he was stunned she knew / i also told him NO he can't come stay w/me....omg he is so dead!!!

PJTP that my dear MIL (sarcasm) has decided to move near me (less than a block away). I haven't been worth talking to in a year, but now she LOVES me. Seems she can't afford food now that she is moving so close. She came over to eat last night (uninvited I might add). She is moving less than a block away. They have already called to ask if I am cooking tonight. I may not cook again for a long time!

i would slit my wrists and pour alcohol over them if my MIL moved closer than the hr away from us that she is now.

ok - that was dramatic, but still......that would be a HUGE pill to swallow. i would have PB&J out for them this evening for diner and take your son out to eat.:smile:

OMG! OMG! OMG! :thumbup:

I must still be uncool (even though I've been able to achieve level 62 in Mob Wars) since LBT still will only let me come in every 3rd or 4th try. :smile:

Lulu - earning money is good and it's also good to have the option of not working, hardly working or working full time. :cursing:

Slitting my wrists sounds like the perfect solution. She came over and just sat around. She gave out my phone number and had the nerve to answer my phone without permission! WTF! I could not believe her. She acts as though her freaking son actually has anything to do with paying the bills in my house. She is in for a rude awakening. So is he, if he thinks I am going for them being at my house every day! If she can't afford to buy food, then she shouldn't have moved out from her sister who was buying their food! Of course, the sister probably put her out. I can't stand it. It gets my blood boiling every time I think about it. This woman hasn't lifted a finger for me or my son in his entire life, but I am supposed to make sure she eats? She didn't give a d@mn if me or my son ate. Why on earth should I care about her?

ptjp - my best friend might kill me. she caught me on fb last night and told me that she found out her 15yr old had a party friday night ... kids got drunk & she has parents calling her left / right. she's in Mexico till thursday.

well i just called her son and told him he better get a friend to pop him in the jaw/get some injury because his mother is going to kill HIM. figured he needed fair warning - he was stunned she knew / i also told him NO he can't come stay w/me....omg he is so dead!!!

Who's watching this boy while she is in Mexico?? :smile:

Who's watching this boy while she is in Mexico?? :smile:

his dad....she's divorced w/his dad (7yrs).

said he was staying w/a friend, then went to mom/step dad's house and had a throw down. i asked him if his dad knew & he said no....told him he better warn dad cause mom will sick it to him too.

slim - that is an awful situation.

my MIL is a hypocondriac who would LOVE to call me every 5 seconds, but DH has thankfully told her to only call me for an emergency....she was outlined in writing what constituted an emergency as well:)

Part of my problem is, DH can talk about his mom all day, but I am not allowed. If I say anything, then I am being mean. He talks about how awful she has been to our son. He has even said something to her about it (she punched him in the stomach over it). Yet, he acts as though she is the best thing since sliced bread. He told me that she isn't allowed to be at our house everyday and that his brother had better not be sitting on our doorstep everyday, BUT today he tells me how we should have given his mom our leftovers from dinner yesterday. Then he goes on to tell me how we should start sending any food that is left over to her. I would rather toss my cash down the toilet than feed her. I know that is awful of me, but this woman has not cared. She calls my SD all of the time that lives out of town, but can't call across town to speak to my son? WTF? So now she lives close, I am supposed to "forget" all of the crap? It doesn't work that way.

Pilot guy has turned into a straight stalker he's called me 3x today and text me all day... Ugh I only hung out with him 1 day and he knows I have a bf.. Crap we work together he gonna be all clingy at work...I'm mortified already I work tonight. I'm gonna need to have a little talk with him. I'll let you guys know how it goes

PJTP...

Mob Wars is great fun...gets all my aggression out in the virtual world where I can't really hurt anyone...:cool2:

SMS - be careful, girlfriend...try to let him down easy, but if he doesn't comply forthwith, document all the 'stalking' and report it to your employer if need be...damn those needy men! :smile:

Slim-in-tn - you are right that this needs to be handled RIGHT AWAY...if your hubby won't set the limits, the you HAVE to, for your own sake and for your mental health. She might not like it, but you have to stand firm. I had a MIL-from-hell with my first marriage. She actually told my then-husband that he was too good for me and when we divorced, said I should pay HIM alimony because I was working at a steady, good job, and he wasn't! Now she's trying to make nice-nice with my son because of my grandbaby (he's all she has left of her son - unfortunately he passed away due to illness) and I encourage my son to keep in touch, but told him NOT to be manipulated by her.

luluc - I would so KILL that child when I got home - he better have more than bruises for me to give him a stay of execution! :cursing::cursing::thumbup:

Part of my problem is, DH can talk about his mom all day, but I am not allowed. If I say anything, then I am being mean. He talks about how awful she has been to our son. He has even said something to her about it (she punched him in the stomach over it). Yet, he acts as though she is the best thing since sliced bread. He told me that she isn't allowed to be at our house everyday and that his brother had better not be sitting on our doorstep everyday, BUT today he tells me how we should have given his mom our leftovers from dinner yesterday. Then he goes on to tell me how we should start sending any food that is left over to her. I would rather toss my cash down the toilet than feed her. I know that is awful of me, but this woman has not cared. She calls my SD all of the time that lives out of town, but can't call across town to speak to my son? WTF? So now she lives close, I am supposed to "forget" all of the crap? It doesn't work that way.

Uh oh. This sounds like an explosive situation. Before you know it, she may be moving in. Sounds like she's a major moocher. Trouble is, she's family and if she's hungry, what are you gonna do?

Pilot guy has turned into a straight stalker he's called me 3x today and text me all day... Ugh I only hung out with him 1 day and he knows I have a bf.. Crap we work together he gonna be all clingy at work...I'm mortified already I work tonight. I'm gonna need to have a little talk with him. I'll let you guys know how it goes

I hate to say it, but "I told you so!" Course if he's a better catch than the bf, then WTG! :smile:

Uh oh. This sounds like an explosive situation. Before you know it, she may be moving in. Sounds like she's a major moocher. Trouble is, she's family and if she's hungry, what are you gonna do?

i agree w/donna & ebony here slim...this is not an easy decision. the only thing i have going for me is that DH can't stand his mother either (just does the obligatory diners here/there) in a control environment (that's OUT to eat not at any of our homes).

if your husband won't put mom & possibly brother in place - will he give you the authority to do so? .... think i'm breaking out in hives discussing MIL's...., there's no holiday soon is there???

I'm with you on this, Slim. That is YOUR house, YOUR sanctuary!! She needs to learn her boundaries, and giving out YOUR phone number to people and then answering it is WAY over the boundaries, as is coming over all the time for dinner.< /p>

It is so hard. I have never been the bad guy, but then I have never had to be. She has always ignored us (unless she needs something). I won't let her go hungry, but I also won't accept mooching. DH claims he has already handled it, but I just don't see it. It just went all over me that he just sat there and watched her like everything was ok. It isn't. I told him today that we need to move. Of course, I shouldn't have to move. She needs to understand that she is not welcome at my home all hours of the day. I already know that she is going to send the brother over whenever he says he is bored. I can also see them coming over wanting to use my washing machine every week. I can see all of the ugly scenarios that he isn't going to handle. If I handle them, it is going to get ugly. All I can say is this, he can go live with her if it comes down to it.

It is so hard. I have never been the bad guy, but then I have never had to be. She has always ignored us (unless she needs something). I won't let her go hungry, but I also won't accept mooching. DH claims he has already handled it, but I just don't see it. It just went all over me that he just sat there and watched her like everything was ok. It isn't. I told him today that we need to move. Of course, I shouldn't have to move. She needs to understand that she is not welcome at my home all hours of the day. I already know that she is going to send the brother over whenever he says he is bored. I can also see them coming over wanting to use my washing machine every week. I can see all of the ugly scenarios that he isn't going to handle. If I handle them, it is going to get ugly. All I can say is this, he can go live with her if it comes down to it.

Sometimes people have to be the "bad guy" in situations like this, otherwise they get walked all over and mistreated.

My MIL spent years being a bitch to me until I had finally had enough. I quit saying to myself, "but she's his mother" and said "enough is enough, I'm your WIFE." I gave him the option -- either HE stopped it or I would, and I could almost guarantee bloodshed if I did it (on both sides, not just mine).

Slim, no matter what, that IS your home... YOUR home. Not hers, not the brother's, YOURS. If you don't set the ground rules and quick, you had better be prepared to move out cuz momma sounds like she's moving in, in a way.

If he can't understand your feelings in this matter, it may be time to pull out the construction paper and crayons, honey. Why is it that these guys (mine included) have these overbearing mothers that they say they don't even respect but then turn to jelly every time momma barks? With my MIL, it was the money -- they give sonny boy money from time to time and seem to hang it over people's heads. I once asked my DH if that was the issue, the money, and he agreed that, yeah, kinda. I had to ask, then, so exactly how much AM I worth?? :smile: