Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

PJTP: Had Glouc and her DH over for dinner and drinks last night. We had an absolute blast. I got too drunk and probably made a total ass of myself, but it was really fun. Now I have a massive hangover.

It took me hours to get over the hang over. Next time Water between each drink...!

You and DH are wonderful! We had a good time. No asses, just good friends!

She Smiles, until you can get into the dentist, try some Midol, it helps more than other OTC pain killers, not sure why, but was given that suggestion years ago, and it works!

My ex was abusive, and knocked my teeth a few times, and the Midol seemed to help with the throb where Ibuprofin and all didn't so much.

My DD....what an ordeal it has been. She began about a month ago, the glands under her ear swelled up. She saw the Dr. was given antibiotics, and sent home. About a week later the ear itself began swelling. Not the lobe but the cartilage part of the ear, got HUGE....I am talking a girl with small ears, and the thickness of the cartilage area was easily an inch or an inch and a half thick, and it was purple!

They changed her antibiotics, and it only continued to get worse. They thought it was cellulitis, and treated for that, with no response.

All the while the lobe remains normal.

Eventually it swelled to a point the skin split, and she had open sores. All the visits to the Dr, and the ER, she ended up with MRSA in it!

So they admitted her to the hospital, and began the IV meds for that. No change.

They inserted a PIC line, so they could use stronger meds. Finally her tests for the MRSA come back good, but the ear is worse than ever, it is not even resembling an ear any longer.

They operated and removed the carotid lymph node under her ear to biopsy and test. They made an incision about 3 inches long, and only sutured it in 3 places trying to allow it to drain, it never even bled. The surgeon said cutting into the area was like sawing wood. Very tough.

The communicable diseases Dr. of our local hospital called the family together to tell us she thought my DD had a disease called Relapsing polychondritis. Which is an autoimmune disease, that begins in the cartilage of either the ears or the nose, and disfigures, then moves to the cartilage in the joints, causing disability, and eventually either collapses the trachea, or destroys cartilage bands at the base of the arteries in your heart--causing death, usually in the neighborhood of 10 years from onset.

We were totally devastated. She is 27, has a 4 year old DD herself, and is a beautiful, otherwise healthy, vibrant girl.

Then while we are trying to deal with the Dx, suddenly the ear lobe swells---and the glands all swell again. So whatever infection she has is worsening, BUT the RP does not affect soft tissue, only cartilage---so that goes against the diagnosis. So while she is getting worse, in our own way we are celebrating!

With this change the Dr.'s here give up and transferred her to a larger hospital in Albuquerque. She got there, and the infectuous diseases Dr. said almost immediately it was not the RP, but it was similar, it was an affliction that mimics the RP, called pseudomonas aeruginosa perichondritis. Which is an infection of the cartilage, and it is a one shot thing, it is not going to spread to the other parts of the body, nor is it fatal!

They got the proper antibiotics going in, and the change was drastic and almost immediate!

She was in the hospital for over 2 weeks, but is home now and will be on IV therapy through her PIC line for minimally 6 weeks.

When that is done, they will excise any remaining dead tissue. She will likely need PS to restore normal look to her ear. But that is nothing!

It has been an emotional roller coaster!

One I am totally glad to be off of!

Thanks for all your support--some of you both here and on FB. Y'all are great!

Kat

Kat - We are all thinking about you and wish you the very best. You are always so gracious, it really pisses me off when the good people take so many hits. Where's the justice?

No I'm not calling it a date because I have a bf and he knows that..I'm still trying to decide if I should risk my life in the little plane..

Mh.....Does the dude with the plane think it's a date? And, did you tell BF about it?

If yes and then no, then it's a date.

PJTP - My imports/export group is putting on a seminar starting today and going through next Thurs. I hate these things and will be glad when it's over.

Work seriously cuts into my LBT time...

PJTP...

After my second fill, I didn't really notice any increased tightness, but figured I'd give it a while...this morning, I PB'ed after eating a slice of a PEAR! WTF? :hurray: Potato chips go down like a champ (snacks after church yesterday) but PEARS make me PB? :hurray::cursing::thumbup:

Kat - so glad to hear your DD got a correct diagnosis and that it's serious, but not life-threatening. That must have been so good to hear!

SMS - my hubby flies small planes (he has his pilot's license) - try not to worry, it's an awesome ride and very fun. We do "hamburger flights" where we fly somewhere, have lunch and then fly back. There's even a book called "the $100 hamburger" because that is what it used to cost to fly short flights. Be careful with the pilot friend - they tend to "latch on" to those who can understand / support their obsession with flying...LOL Though my DH developed it recently, I think if I said "It's me or the plane" he might think about it a while before answering :hurray: *just kidding*

Susan - hope you are feeling better today! :hurray:

I told bf..about the flight I'm not sure if carl thinks its a date..not bringing it up.. I'm just trying to have a good time.its nice to be around someone who wants to be around me..

I told bf..about the flight I'm not sure if carl thinks its a date..not bringing it up.. I'm just trying to have a good time.its nice to be around someone who wants to be around me..

How does bf feel about you going "flying" with another man?

That sounds like a date to me and if your bf doesn't mind, I don't know if I think that's cool or if I think he just doesn't care.

PJTP, another wonderful day in my life, I have pb'd everything I ate today. Ice cream for dinner? Why yes, I think so.

Sounds like a plan to me as well. I've had the crappiest day that I've had in I can't remember when. Today I found out: 1. a sweet, sweet male co-worker passed away over the weekend; 2. a friend's stepdad passed away over the weekend; and 3. my aunt is in the hospital with possible congestive heart failure. What the H.

Kat I am beyond thrilled about your DD's news. Reading the initial prognosis scared me so. I'm sure the second prognosis made you all absolutely over the moon!

PJTP...

After my second fill, I didn't really notice any increased tightness, but figured I'd give it a while...this morning, I PB'ed after eating a slice of a PEAR! WTF? :) Potato chips go down like a champ (snacks after church yesterday) but PEARS make me PB? :tt1::cursing::)

I feel the same way! Cheetos slide on down but not chicken. Grr!

How does bf feel about you going "flying" with another man?

That sounds like a date to me and if your bf doesn't mind, I don't know if I think that's cool or if I think he just doesn't care.

Now Donna, be nice. That's SMS's row to hoe, not ours.

So after the flight ..we had a nice meal at my fav mexican place..yum Since there was food involved it might have been a date.. And he did the whole open the door for me thing.. There was a hug at the end of the non date.. It was a nice day..

So after the flight ..we had a nice meal at my fav mexican place..yum Since there was food involved it might have been a date.. And he did the whole open the door for me thing.. There was a hug at the end of the non date.. It was a nice day..

hon - that was a date, and it sounds like your enjoyed yourself. good for you!

Yeah donna might be right...bf thinks I'm so wrapped I would never leave..

BA - ain't he gonna be surprised!!!!

I cannot believe this day. My cousin whose mother is in the hospital just texted me to say that our cousin's FIL passed away this evening. Hearing about 3 deaths in 1 day is just shocking.

PJTP...

SnT - my prayers to you and your family...it is so difficult to lose someone in your family, let alone multiple losses at the same time. Be strong, be safe and take good care of yourself!

SMS - glad you enjoyed yourself! You are not married, so you're free to see whoever you want, but be careful...protect your heart and your self! It is so nice to be appreciated and treated like the precious and wonderful asset that you are...have fun, but be careful...

snt-I am so sorry you are being bombarded with bad news! My great Grandma used to tell me deaths come in 3's. She used to get very upset when waiting for the 3rd to happen, and no amount of telling her it was an old wives tale would ease her mind. And eventually of course someone did die!

At least if my DGGM was right, yours are all over now for awhile.

I will remember you and your extended families in my prayers.

Hugs

Kat

Lulu - how's the new job going?

Meanwhile, in a parallel universe, Donna is now at level 61 in Mob Wars and seriously needs more mobsters. For those of you who have not yet complied, go to my Facebook page and click on "Join My Mob." SERIOUSLY, DO IT!

Edited by Donna113