Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Thanks for the comments on my new picture guys, you made me blush! :crying:

Lulu, no way you would catch me running in the buff. I would have permanent black eyes!!

I was thinking the EXACT same thing Susan! haha Good work Luluc!

Ok so now you have to tell me what a cobbLer is? food of some kind I'm guessing seeing its "yum" (and I'm too lazy to google and find out myself).

Wow, cobber is a really ocker Aussie phrase. I'd never use it myself. But its slang for friend or mate I guess.

Did some one use it somewhere?

Yep...we had a new aussie transfer and we get along pretty well...but Cobber threw me. He said it was like a friend, but he's a sneaky bastard...the good kind...and it *could* have meant something else and he was pulling my leg.

So....What the heck is an ocker Aussie? :crying:

Blue haired Mac is the shiz-nit!!

I loved the Cranberry! (I can see! I can seeeeeee!)

thanks ya'll - LJM, there were a BUNCH of races today including, Bare as You Dare (AANR-SW Nude Racing Series) up in Denison:eek: - i couldn't imagine the girls on that race w/out the enell sport bra...LOL

Wow...I'm just not sure even the most attractive individuals would look good running in the nude. Sickenly enough, I'd love to see that. But, probably just once.

susan - love the new avtr pic!!!

Ditto that! :smile2:

Ok so now you have to tell me what a cobbLer is? food of some kind I'm guessing seeing its "yum" (and I'm too lazy to google and find out myself).

Like a pie, with fruit. You warm it up and put ice cream on it. Yummy.

7_4_34.gifcobbler is a type of pie..peach cobbler, apple cobbler just to name a couple of them. give me a slice of hot apple cobbler with icecream and I am in bigggg trouble :crying:

sig.jsp?pc=[object Object]&pp=ZRxdm609NVUS

Of all the multiple sweets I like (sigh), pie (esp pie crust) don't tempt me at all. Now ice cream....that's a different story.

Yep...we had a new aussie transfer and we get along pretty well...but Cobber threw me. He said it was like a friend, but he's a sneaky bastard...the good kind...and it *could* have meant something else and he was pulling my leg.

So....What the heck is an ocker Aussie? :crying:

Like a pie, with fruit. You warm it up and put ice cream on it. Yummy.

Wow where is your Aussie from that he actually uses cobber?! Thats kind of cute!

An ocker is what you guys would compare to a hillbilly I guess....not necessarily a bad thing, but a really stereotypical Aussie, uses all the slang, has a really strong accent, drinks beer out of a can while cooking a BBQ for his mates when they are watching the footy etc. Think of a modern day crocodile dundee....like this

ocker.gif

Ooooh I'd like me some cobbler, please.

Mmmm cobbler. I miss me some cobbler.

Mmmm cobbler. I miss me some cobbler.

I only ever wanted the crust, juice, and vanilla ice cream on top.:crying: It didn't matter if it was blackberry, cherry, apple, or peach. I dug out the top crust with juice. My mom would get so mad because she would have a pan full of fruit and nothing else by the time I got through with it.

An ocker is what you guys would compare to a hillbilly I guess....not necessarily a bad thing, but a really stereotypical Aussie, uses all the slang, has a really strong accent, drinks beer out of a can while cooking a BBQ for his mates when they are watching the footy etc. Think of a modern day crocodile dundee....

That's awesome, She! As I have mentioned 1 gillion times, my brother is working in Sydney. I am so gonna call him an ocker!!! :crying:

I'll probably get in trouble for this but oh well: Speaking on for myself, I think of a hillbilly having few or no teeth, living in a trailer, up in the hills, HS dropout. (I believe the African-American equal is "ghetto"!) A redneck has a HS degree, drives a pickup with a gun in the back window and may or may not have a rebel flag; he's usually just country, not illiterate! (But not all gun-toting, truck owners are rednecks.)

"watching the footy" - I love that phrase! That's soccer, right??

Edited by SickNTired

Wow...I'm just not sure even the most attractive individuals would look good running in the nude. Sickenly enough, I'd love to see that. But, probably just once.

yeah - i'm sick that way too ; i'd go & watch ... and you know damn well it's just like a nude beach - those that should have clothes on, DON'T

so all the talk of cobbler made me go to DQ and get a blizzard...btw, i hate ice cream/sweet - but got a heath bar crunch to Celebrate me not wimping out on my run and ate 1/3....gave the rest to my fat boy slimb lab....

she, hubby is in route to syndey right now ... he' goes every qtr & i'm planning on joining him w/friends over nyrs - he'd love to hang w/ockers, it's in his TX skin...LOL

I only ever wanted the crust, juice, and vanilla ice cream on top.:crying: It didn't matter if it was blackberry, cherry, apple, or peach. I dug out the top crust with juice. My mom would get so mad because she would have a pan full of fruit and nothing else by the time I got through with it.

The crust is the best part. Isn't it?! On thanksgiving we always have pumpkin cobbler pie...can't do that this year now can I? LOL

We should have paired up. I only want a little crust. I like the fruit best.

Congrats, LuLuC!

The crust is the best part. Isn't it?! On thanksgiving we always have pumpkin cobbler pie...can't do that this year now can I? LOL

Maybe just one bite?:crying:

We should have paired up. I only want a little crust. I like the fruit best.

We could have tag teamed!:crying:

Footy here is AFL (Aussie Rules) or NRL (Rugby League) or there is also Rugby Union. Its probably unAustralian of me to say, but I can't stand any of them....the whole idea of spending a couple of hours watching big boofhead men tackle each other and run after an egg shaped ball just doesn't do it for me.

Maybe hillbilly was the wrong comparison then! Your redneck is comparable to what we call a bogan here (minus the gun, of course!). And there is a big difference between a bogan and an ocker. My little brother is in Sydney too and is as ocker as they come, he's a sweetheart though. If you really want to pay some one out, call them a bogan, that'll go straight to the heart haha. My hubby is from Chicago and he thinks our slang words are hilarious!

Luluc, Sydney for new years will be great, you'll love it. Its an amazing city, I'm headed there next weekend myself actually.