Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Thanks everyone. I need a group hug for damn sure! :embaressed_smile: I am going to spend today scrubbing and cleaning the house for GG's arrival this week. I am sure scrubbing will help with stress. Hugs to you all. I really appreciate all the support you all give me. Without my LBT friends I would be having a nervous breakdown. You all remind me that isn't an option and I appreciate that!

HUGS!

xoxoxox

Posting to say I can't believe I slipped my band again!!!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Oh no Susan! I hate to hear that. Will you be able to fix it going on liquids, etc. or will you have to have surgery again?

They gave me a complete unfill, am on liquids for 3 days and then go back for a flouro next week. Hopefully, it will go back into place like last time.

I finally get my rescue inhaler tomorrow. My mom is refusing to buy the controller one because it costs too much and she has heard it affects the rescue one and makes it not work as well.:biggrin: My pulmonologist's office said we can have samples instead of paying for it but she still doesn't want me on it. Hopefully I'll find out if that's true on Thursday of next week when I goto my pulmonologist for clearance for surgery! I have a weigh in tomorrow...I hope I lose a few pounds I would really like to be in the 380's. Who knows. I had salty ramen for dinner...so I'll probably gain.:) Talk to you all later!:tt1:

The rescue inhaler is only 30 though but the Symbicort is over 100.

Talk to your primary care doc and tell him (or her) that you can't afford the Symbicort, and then ask if there is a cheaper generic steroid that's "the next best thing". Relying on your rescue inhaler is like bailing out a leaky boat with a cup....better to use a steroid and plug the leak before you start bailing the Water.

Man, I just realized that I suck pretty bad at analogies...

Susan I am so sorry to hear of your slip. I began my testing today, and will travel to see my band doc on Thursday. Right now they think I am dealing with a prolapse as opposed to a slip in and of itself, although the 2 often go hand in hand.

Last week I got a horrible stomach virus, and vomitted and dry heaved for hours before meds kicked in. Since Thursday of last week, I have not eaten nor drank anything that stayed down.

I go to the hospital twice a day for 2 liters of Fluid each time.....trying to get me back on my feet for the trip to the Dr. and for whatever I face then.

I feel your pain!

I weighed in this morning at the hospital at 153-----I will be in the 140's before I see my Dr. for my 5'9" that is low enough for me, I do not want to lose anymore weight.......

We will make it through this Susan!!!

Green, glad your crap....aka cancer, is BEHIND you......what a concept....trying to fatten back up, who woulda ever thunk that?????

Kat

so much going on while i've been living life.

BBK - i think our mothers should get together, two peas in a pod... :rolleyes:

i just voted and you are WAYYYYYY in the lead

Susan - sorry you have a slip again, hopefully it will correct itself with liquids

She - 'grats on the great run! i'm so proud of you!!! even though you are now kicking my ass... :tt2:

Green hasn't got cancer any more? I missed that. Yeah, green!

Sorry to Susan and Kat.

Green, it's so nice to see you again. I'm glad to read you kicked cancer's butt.

I have been voting too BBK and my DD gave the addy to her friends so you have a bunch more people voting too.

Froggi I am sorry to hear about your troubles with Asthma. I thought there was a way to get these things for free from the drug companies

who provide assistance for things like that.

I hope I haven't missed anyone. My work still sucks.

Oh Susan! I am sorry to hear about your slip. Was it the stomach virus that caused this?

It's 3am and I'm wide awake - have been since 1:30...who is awake at this time of night by choice?? Grumble bitch moan complain; insomnia sucks! Growing older sucks. Having cats sit on the keyboard while you are typing is a pain in the proverbial

It's 3am and I'm wide awake - have been since 1:30...who is awake at this time of night by choice?? Grumble bitch moan complain; insomnia sucks! Growing older sucks. Having cats sit on the keyboard while you are typing is a pain in the proverbial

Sorry to hear about the insomnia, tap. As a sleep therapist, I have to tell you that transient insomnia (meaning short term) is extremely common (like all the money being spent on sleep aides doesn't say the same thing, right?). Let it be said that I truly am Master of the Obvious...

Kat--I am sorry for you as well hun. I hope everything gets better for you. Are you happy in the 150s or you want to get to 140s?

Losing--so you have one of those moms too? :rolleyes: I am sorry! How is the band baby doing? :blush:

Froggi--do you have insurance? Don't they cover your meds? If you have asthma you MUST have the preventative, or you might as well not have the rescue. You can damage your lungs using the rescue too much. DH has severe asthma so I know alot 2nd hand. He tried to do the no preventative and I was there when he got the big lecture.

Tap--I hear ya, I am taking sleeping meds every night to go to sleep.

Plain--Yes, we all know you are Captain Obvious! :eek:

Green---yes, fatten yourself up again! Just a bit to be healthy! :)

As for Grandma, just got a call at 3 am. They did a test putting a tube in her stomach, it is filled with feces. Her intestines are backing up into her stomach. So we are waiting to find out what happens next. I have no idea what we are going to do. David just came back last night and now he needs to go back. But we are 2 hours away from anyone who can watch the girls and I can't take any more time off work or school. I will loose my job which we can't afford. I have no idea what we are going to do. :tt2: They are thinking a bowl obstruction with Gram. If anyone knows anything about it, please PM me. I am researching on the internet and we all know how that goes....