Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

I think it's just hilarious that we all sit here and talk about this. Does she not have a clue?

I think being clueless is a side effect of malnutrition. I read that somewhere so it MUST be true.

Once you get to goal, you might need to ask the whole board the same question countless times, get the same answers and ignore it every time.

Because, remember YOU ARE ALWAYS RIGHT! Even Doctors are wrong! And how wrong could you be if your surgeon is asking you how you did it!

Naturally you are always right! Just look at your army of loyal ass sniffers. How could you let them down by admitting you are less than perfect?

Oh. Wait. That's someone else. Never mind. LMAO

OK, I need to vent. I just read yet ANOTHER new post from someone on their liquid post-op diet, asking if "WE" think it's ok for them to have some chili or potato Soup. That in itself annoys me.

But what REALLY chaps my ass is the 20 people who post back that it's perfectly fine to do that, THEY did it and they lived to tell about it.

Just because every surgeon seems to have their own ideas about what's best for us post-op doesn't automatically give us permission to not follow our own surgeon's orders.

OK, I need to vent. I just read yet ANOTHER new post from someone on their liquid post-op diet, asking if "WE" think it's ok for them to have some chili or potato Soup. That in itself annoys me.

But what REALLY chaps my ass is the 20 people who post back that it's perfectly fine to do that, THEY did it and they lived to tell about it.

Just because every surgeon seems to have their own ideas about what's best for us post-op doesn't automatically give us permission to not follow our own surgeon's orders.

Saw the same one. Sometimes ppl can be so infuriating(sp?).

Well, you see, TG I was allowed to have creamy potato Soup as a full liquid =) But then again that was MY surgeon. If hers said something else, obviously she should be following that.

I think those people who tend to cheat like that are the ones who think a band is a quick fix.

I also noticed that most of the people telling her that it's ok are people who have had their band for like, five minutes. All OP said is that she's supposed to be on liquids for 10 days.

For me, there were 4 days of Clear Liquids, then 2 weeks of FULL liquids, which did include creamy Soups, but not CHILI, which was on my mushy diet after that, which lasted 2 weeks, and then on to solids "as tolerated".

Instead of ppl saying that she should do whatever the hell she wants, they should be telling her to call her surgeon's office and talk with him/her about it. A few people are, and thanks be to God for them, I don't have the patience to post with manners on something like that.

I guess the reason it pisses me off so much is because if your surgeon tells you to do something, and it doesn't work, or it causes you problems, it's the surgeon's fault. If your surgeon tells you to do something and you don't do it, it's your fault. If your surgeon tells you to do something and you ask a bunch of people that you don't even know for advice because you think your surgeon is wrong, and you get crappy advice from them, do what THEY say, and it causes problems, it's still YOUR OWN FAULT, but now you get the luxury of blaming "this website I was reading....":angry:

I think those people who tend to cheat like that are the ones who think a band is a quick fix.

They will be the same ones asking 6 months from now "why aren't I loosing weight?"

because you suck, that's why....ugh...

Yeah...I read that one. I can't believe that. Why did they get the band in the first place, if in the first week they're cheating?

I'm on liquids the next 2 days because of my fill. (1 cc yesterday and had .5 removed today. I became waaay too tight last night.)

I know I need to give my body a rest and not over exert my tummy. To me, liquids doesn't mean pulling out my blender and throwing whatever I want in it.

Is that the one where all the people who have had their bands for a long time are telling her it's not okay? FaithMD

wrote a great post about why the post op diet is necessary.

Then they got mad because one of the moderators told her not to

cheat on the liquid diet. They said the moderators shouldn't be telling them what to do. The mod said I am a mod but also have a band.

It's like a big war now.

Yea, I have been following that thread. I was wondering when WasA was going to chime in. That is her biggest pet peeve.

Wow, I just read the WHOLE thread. Originally, I read the first page, and had to quit, because of the stupidity of it.

FaithMD, if you're reading this, you're one of my mostest favoritest people today. So eloquent... LJM, Wasa, FaithMD, Susan....who am I forgetting? Anyway you all are angels on this board.