Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Most threads load faster than this one and it is due to the size!!!

Beginning a PJTP #2, would quicken it up....a lot. Of course it would also result in less fish recipes popping up out of the blue!!!!

I don't know if that even is technically possible with this setup.

Yeah.....maybe Alex could make such a "room". I ain't a-moderating it, though!!!

LOL, it was simply wishful thinking. And obviously by more than just Fanny and myself. :thumbup:

Her account is de-activated, so now maybe everything can get back to normal.

YESSSSSSS!!!!!

Glouc admitted to me (secretly, in a PM) that when she saw that vending machine, it had my "shimmering face....thus the "temptation. Of course, she'll probably deny saying this, since she's so shy & stuff :)

Well, since it was in PM, you have it, riiiggghhhht? :sneaky:

Wait 'till I post the mid-80's "shorty shorts" pics of my youth. Then I will truly be sharing "all".

:crying:

Beginning a PJTP #2, would quicken it up....a lot. Of course it would also result in less fish recipes popping up out of the blue!!!!

Well, where's the fun in that!? :thumbup:

FYI I think I am going to prison as a felon and will lose my concealed hand gun license because of Lulu!

Sorry to hear it. Tell me where you'll be and I'll bring you a cake with a file in it. :thumbup:

Sorry to hear it. Tell me where you'll be and I'll bring you a cake with a file in it. :thumbup:

Thanks!

Ok now seriously. Am I just stupid or is it a known fact that it's illegal to send a bottle of wine via the usps?

Thanks!

Ok now seriously. Am I just stupid or is it a known fact that it's illegal to send a bottle of wine via the usps?

News to me... All I know is they ask if you're sending anything liquid OR flammable (among other things), and wine would be both. :thumbup:

Brandy - I've known for a while - but it was only after having the veil pulled away via the UPS office (not just illegal for usps - completely illegal to ship any alcohol anyway - unless you have a special license to do so)

The UPS guy was like - that looks like good vinegar you're shipping there, what are they going to do with that vinegar when they get it? Make sure to put vinegar on the packing list, etc.. I was cracking up after I looked like the total idiot b/c I was like - this is not vinegar it's a really good dessert wine - the guy just had this look like - are you really that dense - trying to help you out here!

Seriously, here's to more good vibes tomorrow, even if the result is negative. They can't take your spirit or who you are. And though they seem like they have all the power, it's all an illusion. They really only have whatever you choose to give them. Never forget that.

:thumbup:What she said! Hang in there, Ebony! Good wishes coming your way.

PJTP: Kat, fish makes me gag

SNT-you are close enough to come kick me in the arse. I think you have an excellent idea. I kick you...You kick me...

Sounds like a plan!!! Let me know which weekend we're gonna hold the other one to the painting! Just can't be the w/e of 10/10. :thumbup:

1/2 my mouth is full of sweet teeth, the other side likes the salty munchies.

One of favorite Snacks is chocolate covered potato chips.< /p>

They really exist? Erasing the fact that I know this!!!

they might be doing all this so you quit - not to pay unemployment benefits. make them do the ugly deed, is my only suggestion.

I concur. I've been laid off and it was enough of a pain.

Ebony - this is going to sound like a platitude but being laid off truly was the best thing that ever happened to me. I hope that through all this CRAP, you have the same result (and the over double the salary I now earn.) Damn them! :)

lol re: fish recipes!!!

Brandy - I've known for a while - but it was only after having the veil pulled away via the UPS office (not just illegal for usps - completely illegal to ship any alcohol anyway - unless you have a special license to do so)

The UPS guy was like - that looks like good vinegar you're shipping there, what are they going to do with that vinegar when they get it? Make sure to put vinegar on the packing list, etc.. I was cracking up after I looked like the total idiot b/c I was like - this is not vinegar it's a really good dessert wine - the guy just had this look like - are you really that dense - trying to help you out here!

that is AWESOME, kc!!! I wonder if he was secretly thinking, "duuuuhhhhhhh"!?!

pjtp: Being mean just to be mean is not proper "debating"

Edited by SickNTired

to Tap re: "EXCELLENT suggestions. I would add social skills - politeness, honor, responsibility. Less litigation, more courtesy as an approach to life.

I knew someone had to come up with additions! These are great! I'm old school... if we have time in the year, can we add in manners (like which fork to use)? :thumbup:

My living room ceiling was to be painted this weekend - it didn't happen. We are procrastinating on doing it (which is unlike me) because to do the ceiling, no matter what paint is used, a 1950's stucco ceiling causes paint spray, so that means everything must come off the walls, and all furniture covered. And there is very little wall space that isn't covered in art...lots of it.

I keep trying to think of something you could put up as a shield and am blanking. Could you tape up plastic sheeting over the walls and pictures??

Thanks!

But is it a felony?

pjtp: Being mean just to be mean is not proper "debating"

But sometimes it's the only recourse one has left when trying to "debate" the obtuse.....debate = you present your side, then I present mine, preferably mentioning and systematically refuting the first side's arguement. Then repeat. If I give my side, and you throw in a bunch of totally unrelated stuff, not much of a debate.

~Thanks, Slim, it was a fun weekend. I live in the mtns and it's hard for me to sleep in the city, it's too noisy! The noise I was talking about re: this weekend had to do with bagpipes being played in the next camp over behind us til about midnight and then about 2AM someone else started up a couple of rows over. Also in the the camp next to us, there were young guys that were very exuberant! They really were good kids tho, just loud. In fact the last night we were there, DH stood up for them with security. Some ADULTS blamed the kids for the fireworks THEY were shooting off! Nice huh?!

~Suzy, lot of good wishes that the interviews produce some great results for you! Totally missed opportunity w/the laundry and the 'rents! Shame on you! LOL!

~Lu, thanks for the zuch recipe! I love recipes! So not going with the fried butter tho! Some of the other fried stuff I'd love to try! Haven't tried jalepeño poppers yet. Want too but am afraid they'll be too hot. Guess I should just order a glass of milk with them just in case and go for it!

~Hang in there, Beth. The weight WILL come back off. Just try to be patient and drink your water! DH's BBQ'd peppers sound GREAT! I'd be all over those!

~Tap, after reading all of that fried stuff article, I want a salad too! UGH!

~Ebony, I'm just so sorry for all the crap you're having to deal with at work and now at home too. I agree with Sick in the hopes that the next thing to come along is THE perfect fit for you and just makes you happy and thrilled to go to work each day!

I just love your attitude! And the pepper story was funny!

~RE: unions. DH can opt out of his but still has to pay a "fair-share" fee. It's only about $5 less than member fees so he opts in.

~Tap, I'm afraid that Plain might be rubbing ALL of us. It's that weird, creepy feeling you get once in awhile and you don't know where it came from. Oh. Or is that just me... :thumbup:

~Plain, nice multi-post! Proud of ya, son! LOL! And the 80's shorts thing, say it isn't so! UGH!

I agree with what you said about the "No Child Left Behind" thing. It's one of the things I'm worried about when DD gets to elementary school. DH and I, if we can afford it, are considering private school or maybe even homeschooling. We have some co-ops here that will help with supplies, tutoring and even hold classes during the school year for those subjects the parents feel they aren't equipped to handle well. They have to meet certain standards to make sure they're where they should be and the curriculum and speed of things is more based on the child's needs, not a schools need for money and how many students they can cram into 1 class room. We only have a couple of years to figure it out tho before she starts kindergarten.

~Kat, but a 2nd PJTP thread would be so, so... NOT PJTP! LOL!

~Brandy, what flavor of cake do you want? I'll be in Oregon come Saturday, I can drive right over a day or 2 after that! I could bring Kristen and we can bust ya out!

And no, I'm not sure I consciously knew it wasn't ok to ship wine for the common folk.

~KC, that's funny about the UPS guy! I'd would've been doing the same thing you did til I finally "got it!" LOL! Glad you had a nice trip. I don't remember if you said where you were going and why.

~Beth, bad, bad idea with the Crown! LOL!

~PJTP: Got the estimate back from the furnace guy and it's not going to be as bad as we thought for the basic new furnace and install but it's still a lot. He quoted $1,750. That's just a basic 80% efficiency heater which is way better than what we have now. Our current system is probably running about 60% if we're lucky and it's 30 yrs old. If we were to go with a higher efficiency heater that'll cost a lot more. He's going to run the numbers on it and send it all to us this week.

Now, when you add the AC on it - that increases it another $2,500!!! They'll have to run new lines for it b/c the old lines probably won't hold for the new system. So the AC, which is working fine for now, will for sure have to wait. Furnace first.

BUT we thought the furnace alone would cost us 3-5 grand, so the quote is a lot better but still hard to take. We just don't have it right now. We'll probably have to put it on the CC. :)

DD had her first day of regular preschool and loved it. Didn't want to go home! Had to pry her away to get her out the door. That's a good thing tho. Would much rather she be anxious for us to leave and not wanting us to pick her up than the alternative of begging, crying, screaming and clinging when dropping her off. THAT would be horrible! When I was a p.school teacher, we had THOSE kids and it was just awful, for everyone!

Oh, asked DD this AM what she wanted for dinner tonight and she said Taco Salad. We thought it was a great idea and that's what we had! I'm going to start asking her for dinner ideas every week and see what she comes up with. Should be fun.

Oh, again, weighed this AM and was the same as when I left Friday! What are the odds on that one?! Don't care, I'll take it! Thought I'd be a little higher!

Ok, it's early, not quite 10 here, and I'm going to bed. I'm SO tired! See ya all later! Have a great night!

Hey all it is late and I wanted to read and catch up before I went to bed! School starts officially tomorrow! I believe I am ready to go! Kind of excited to get started!

Ebony~ Good luck with the job situation - sending you positive thoughts!

All the fried food sounds fantastic! But ugh, I don't think I could do it anymore!

Michelle~ Can't wait to see you! It is supposed to warm up later this week - so check the weather before you leave town.

I hope everyone has a great day! Hopefullly I will have more time tomorrow. Of course that will be after I run!!!!