Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

So, no drinks, no naked men, no sponge baths, no baking, no fun, no PJTP. :)

And as for the promised sun...no sign of it yet. I think it was all a big lie to try and lift the depression of citizens - the wettest summer on record..................:)

You had lots of excitement Tap. So sorry about the continuous rain though. Maybe the sun will shine for you later today?

So how are all the drunkards feeling this am?

Hope you all have a great relaxed sat am.

Tap - you dog wrangler - you deserve the mojito now - just pretend your with Fanny.

So how are all the drunkards feeling this am?

Hope you all have a great relaxed sat am.

Tap - you dog wrangler - you deserve the mojito now - just pretend your with Fanny.

Drunkards? Where? :)

i'm tired reading your post taps!

all those mojitos did for me was make me go night, night EARLY. i had fallen asleep on the couch, when DH got home & woke me.... i had my laptop as my pillow - everytime i'm on it he asks if i'm "face-banding" (combo of both sites - only ones i'm on..:))

so the pjtp drink of the day is sangria....:)

i just cut up a bunch of fruit - have another pool/cocktail party this evening & i'm about over them this summer.

DH and i are actually just going to drop off the pitcher & some goodies then head out to diner ourselves.

NO desire to sit around in the heat listening to screaming kids.......sorry those who have them, but when you don't - they can drive you mad & there just isn't enough SANGRIA.

ok friend just left - think she slept 16hrs straight. i'm making more coffee as the rain just started & i plan on letting DH sleeps in.:)

happy sat!!

First pot of coffee is gone; DH is snoring away in bed and I'm planning my day...

Lu - I'm glad your friend got some much needed rest. Face-banding - :):lol: Lu you do seem to have a lot of people visit you; you need some time with just you, DH and the dogs to relax!

Slim - how's the head feeling?:):tongue2:

KC - Whatcha baking/cooking today? The PB choc cake sounds perfect for my nephews - care to share the recip?

Coffee is ready....

PS for the mojito connoisseurs...which mint do you prefer? I find spearmint the best; one friend uses cinnamon mint with spiced rum...I think that's weird!

Slim - how's the head feeling?:):tongue2:

Not bad actually. I haven't been out of bed yet.:) I am going to get up and make my coffee. DH and DS are both up and about but left me alone for a change. :)

PS for the mojito connoisseurs...which mint do you prefer? I find spearmint the best; one friend uses cinnamon mint with spiced rum...I think that's weird!

i prefer spearmint myself - but i think the cinnamon kind would be great w/a captain morgan type of rum...hmmm

yes we do get a LOT of company.

our place is a little bit of an escape from the city w/out so much the travel. we're far enough from downtown Dallas to have the peace/quiet - but also close enough to enjoy city perks.

DH said we made our guest qtrs a little bit too comfortable w/private bath & kitchen area / flat screens / comfy bed / balcony deck overlooking the pool/ranch- we'll be up & about and company is just laying around - taking it easy:rolleyes2:

gives me reasons to cook:)

DH and DS are both up and about but left me alone for a change. :)

I spoke too soon. As soon as I hit "submit" DH came into the bedroom claiming to be hungover. Now I know I drank more than he did last night, but he is the one hungover?:)

DH said we made our guest qtrs a little bit too comfortable w/private bath & kitchen area / flat screens / comfy bed / balcony deck overlooking the pool/ranch- we'll be up & about and company is just laying around - taking it easy:rolleyes2:

gives me reasons to cook:)

Sounds like paradise. I'll be there in about 13 hours.:)

Morning all.

Does it count if the car on blocks is a Hummer?

No that's not ghetto, that is upscale redneck.:lol:

PTJP - I ordered my dress tonight. It'll come in 15 weeks. It's kinda hitting me now - I'm getting married. :wub:

That is so neat! Congrats Glou!

So I made a lasagna - which I had a ragu bolognese cooking all morning for, a Peanut Butter chocolate cake (for the birthdays), carmalita bars, garlic bread and a cheesy shells Pasta dish with andoouille sausage.

I actually made the lasagna in the crock pot - was impressed it came out very well.

I need a family so I can cook on a regular basis for people.

So next time I visit my DB and DSIL in Kansas (Olathe) I will have to come to your house and you can cook for me!:wink2: You won't be out of the way for me. Then maybe you will be having work done on your house.:lol: I might not make it to DB home!:)

PJTP:Saw surgeon today. It went well. I have a surgery date of 8/27. Was gonna go for 8/20 but freaked out....TOO SOON. No, really, working on my dad's 80th b'day party and it seemed better to wait. And....I'm not crazy enough to need a psych eval. Whodda thunk??Thanks for all the good wishes and crossed fingers!!TPG

Yay! Have fun at your dad's b-day. Enjoy every minute you have with him.:)

NO desire to sit around in the heat listening to screaming kids.......sorry those who have them, but when you don't - they can drive you mad & there just isn't enough SANGRIA.

I fully understand. I am sure I can speak for a lot of parents, including myself, that there are times we DON'T want to sit around listening to screaming kids. Especially when they are someone elses!:)

ok friend just left - think she slept 16hrs straight. i'm making more coffee as the rain just started & i plan on letting DH sleeps in.:D

It's good she got that much sleep.< /span>

happy sat!!

Tap, I grew up on a farm. One yr. we had about 25-30 piglets (don't remember how many). We had 3 sows that had litters at the same time. Any way, they had gotten out. Our neighbors and passerby's and us was trying to catch them. it was hilarious! Of course my parents and the others didn't find it funny. But any way I got a mental image of you and everyone else chasing the dog. I loved the image. Then you sitting at the window making sure it doesn't escape. That image is of you in a uniform with a Water gun full of vinegar guarding the prisoner!:eek:

My DS and DBIL has made a deal with their yard man to mow my yard for me. I really hope he shows up today! My yard hasn't been mowed in 3 weeks. usually my DGS will do it for me. But they were gone on the weekends this past month so it hasn't been mowed. I miss mowing it.But Dr's orders! I am short so saying it is up to my bottom isn't an lie! But now it is to tall fo my DGS to mow it. If the yard guy would come this morning it could be done before it rains again. They say it is supposed to rain the rest of the week.

Going to DGS b-day party today.

Hope you all have a blessed weekend.

Tap - I usually use spearmint but I also really like pineapple and apple mint - couldn't find the pineapple mint this year but my spearmint and apple mint are growing like crazy.

Will send the cake recipe your way tonight.

Lu - will be driving down when I get off tomorrow morning - Can't wait to try your Sangria

might take a break from cooking today - unless I wake up early - we'll see.

Forgetting something - oh well!

Well I am out of here, to go to a funeral. No fun, but DH is having to work, they had a crisis breakdown last night, so I am going alone. It is my BIL's brother. Then I am meeting my Mom to go shopping---------on a Saturday, just before school starts, there is nothing about either one that appeals to me today! I love my Mom and spending time with her, and with me working, we are reduced to going on Saturdays, but it sucks big time!

Didn't have anything to drink last night so feeling fine. I know myself well enough to have known if I had drank anything last night, the slightest twinge would have been cause to get out of going anywhere today!!! LOL

Have a great weekend everyone!

Tap~ Love the dog story. You mentioned the dog was white, happen to be a Jack Russell - I have four of them and if they get out, they love to go on 2 hour adventures with us chasing them the whole way! Crazy dogs!

KC~ You are more than welcome to come and cook for my family - they would love every bite!

Lu~ I will come vacation at your place, sounds great. However, I would be the one that couldn't lounge around, I would be up helping around the place!

I agree about screaming kids - can't stand them! Of course, I have barking dogs, just as bad!

Glou~ Congrats! Funny how little things make it seem more real!

G4E~ Hope you get that lawn mowed, sounds really tall!

Kat~ My thoughts are with you at the funeral today. School shopping on a Saturday - ugh! Busy, noisy, pushy people - not fun at all. At least you get to spend some time with your mom! I had lunch with my mom and kids yesterday - it was nice!

We have had super hot weather this past week and looks like we might hit 100 today - ugh! We were supposed to yesterday but the temp stopped at 97, still too hot for me. Had a crazy thunderstorm and torrential (sp) rains at our house last night and they got none of it in town. So it did cool off, but the damn humidity hit and that is no fun. We live in a very dry area. My flower beds were flooded, but all looks good this morning!

I think I might go window shopping today, just to be in the air conditioned buildings. Well, have to start up the mommy taxi and get DS to his appointment. Have a great one!

Glad to see I wasn't the only one drunk posting tonight. I blame Lulu too.

I was drunk posting so bad last night I had to go back today to be sure that I didn't say or do something I'd regret. Like promise myself in marriage to some Sheik or something. :)

I didn't even wake up until 12:40 this AFTERNOON! :) And hubby wants to do it again tonight. :blink::blink:

So, no drinks, no naked men, no sponge baths, no baking, no fun, no PJTP. :)

And as for the promised sun...no sign of it yet. I think it was all a big lie to try and lift the depression of citizens - the wettest summer on record..................:)

I'm sorry, Tap. :blink:

And I hafta say, you must live just this side of hell. When it's not dropping miles and miles of snow for 10 months out of the year, it's raining. :sad: