Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

If a few day trip is out the question, is there someone you would trust to maybe let DD spend the night with? That is how I would get the much needed breaks. My mom and an aunt would take DS for a night or two just to allow me time to relax.

UGH! I wish! I don't have any family near-by and my friends can't take her for various reasons. And at her age, I don't know that she'd even stay with anyone but my mom.

I talked to my mom for over an hour tonight after I got DD to bed. And I have some ideas in mind now. We brainstormed! :smile2:

Once a week, when DH is off duty, I'm leaving them HOME for a couple of hours. I'm either going to go do something (i.e. movie, window shopping, etc.), or take a book and a camp chair and go sit at the lake and read. That kind of stuff. If I wake up early (before anyone else wakes up), I'll take the dog and go on my walk by myself. I've been able to do that a couple of times and it's really refreshing.

Also, depending on what's going on with my truck, next weekend DD and I are going up to see my mom. She lives in the Sacramento area, about 3 1/2 hrs from me. That'll give me a break too b/c mom takes over! (In a good way! LOL!)

I think it's starting to sound like I can't handle being a mom or have a rotten kid or something and I don't want to give that impression. I get overwhelmed sometimes. It's ALWAYS me and DD, even with DH home. I just don't get ANY breaks at all. I have Bunco once a month and that's pretty much it. DH is totally involved and does what he can but if I'm in DD's realm, it has to be me, she won't let him do for her very often. She really IS a fantastic kid! Funny, smart, curious, determined, independent, sweet, loving and generally a great kid! I guess I tend to just vent about the bad stuff!! This week was just a rotten week!

'Night!

I agree!

//

Oh WOW, you are officially my new hero! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you.

I think it's starting to sound like I can't handle being a mom or have a rotten kid or something and I don't want to give that impression. I get overwhelmed sometimes. It's ALWAYS me and DD, even with DH home. I just don't get ANY breaks at all. I have Bunco once a month and that's pretty much it. DH is totally involved and does what he can but if I'm in DD's realm, it has to be me, she won't let him do for her very often. She really IS a fantastic kid! Funny, smart, curious, determined, independent, sweet, loving and generally a great kid! I guess I tend to just vent about the bad stuff!! This week was just a rotten week!

'Night!

That thought never crossed my mind. I just remember when DS was little. We were the same way. We were always together. It was always me that DS turned to. I had to figure out a way to get some *me* time. I think the ideas that you and your mother came up with are great. I leave DS and DH here on most Saturday mornings. I try to stay gone a few hours to just let myself relax and be myself instead of "mommy" and "wife".

Heartfire, I totally understand what you are saying. I was a single Mom, and did daycare to support us. I loved kids, and I loved being able to be with mine as she grew, but there were times I was sooooo overwhelmed! Whining 24 hours a day it seemed! And my family and friends, thought I would appreciate some alone time with my DD so they didn't call or come by.....when in actuality I would have LOVED the adult interaction!

I began taking classes, and working on my education when she was 3, and that made a huge difference. Part of it was me. When I could call on my Mom, or someone to take care of my DD so I could study or so I could go take a test---it felt different to me than just asking so I could have break from her. When there would have been nothing wrong with that!

My true saving grace come when I got together with another day care provider, and agreed to do back up for one another. We KNEW how it was, and we would meet up at the local McDonalds and let our kids play in the evening and talk. And I would watch her daughter one evening in exchange for her watching mine. Giving me much needed alone time, from ALL kids! LOL And it refreshed me to the point of wanting all the kids back the next day.

It is not something you are doing wrong----it is just a really hard job being a mom!

If DD has many more episodes of peeing when she normally doesn't you might have her checked for a UTI----had that happen with several kids through the years.

You might check with some of the local churches---some have Moms Day out times, where for very, very little---they provide day care. I do volunteer time at our churches Moms Day Out especially around Christmas time, so they can shop without kids etc. We literally charge a dollar an hour, and the money goes to supplies for the kids art projects, most of the "workers" are Moms who use the service themselves, or us Grandma's who remember how much it helped us.

Nothing wrong with you, or your child......but aren't you glad there is only one....as opposed to say 8????

Hang in there.....

'Night!

It's not sounding anything different than just being a parent. I would bet every single one of us has felt that way one time or another, even with great kids. It's totally normal to have feelings sometimes of needing our own time to ourselves and not be somebody's "mommy" for an hour or two.

Remember that commercial for Calgon? "Calgon, take me away"? Yeah, that was a mom too. :laugh:

Sunday afternoon random post -

Glorious day yesterday - went to garden center, picked up lots of stuff, fondled others, went home, dug a garden bed, spread mulch and soil, fertilized the lawn and just puttered in the great outdoors. Then, wicked t-storms approached; came inside and read a book, had a lonnnnggggg hot bath, sipped about 2 oz wine, got giddy, went to bed.

Going to someone's house for dinner tonight - whoo hoo! I am bringing the Desserts - Strawberry-rhubarb pies are baking as I type this.

Time to go and enjoy the rest of this sunny sunday......

That thought never crossed my mind. I just remember when DS was little. We were the same way. We were always together. It was always me that DS turned to. I had to figure out a way to get some *me* time. I think the ideas that you and your mother came up with are great. I leave DS and DH here on most Saturday mornings. I try to stay gone a few hours to just let myself relax and be myself instead of "mommy" and "wife".
Heartfire, I totally understand what you are saying. I was a single Mom, and did daycare to support us. I loved kids, and I loved being able to be with mine as she grew, but there were times I was sooooo overwhelmed! Whining 24 hours a day it seemed! And my family and friends, thought I would appreciate some alone time with my DD so they didn't call or come by.....when in actuality I would have LOVED the adult interaction!

I began taking classes, and working on my education when she was 3, and that made a huge difference. Part of it was me. When I could call on my Mom, or someone to take care of my DD so I could study or so I could go take a test---it felt different to me than just asking so I could have break from her. When there would have been nothing wrong with that!

My true saving grace come when I got together with another day care provider, and agreed to do back up for one another. We KNEW how it was, and we would meet up at the local McDonalds and let our kids play in the evening and talk. And I would watch her daughter one evening in exchange for her watching mine. Giving me much needed alone time, from ALL kids! LOL And it refreshed me to the point of wanting all the kids back the next day.

It is not something you are doing wrong----it is just a really hard job being a mom!

If DD has many more episodes of peeing when she normally doesn't you might have her checked for a UTI----had that happen with several kids through the years.

You might check with some of the local churches---some have Moms Day out times, where for very, very little---they provide day care. I do volunteer time at our churches Moms Day Out especially around Christmas time, so they can shop without kids etc. We literally charge a dollar an hour, and the money goes to supplies for the kids art projects, most of the "workers" are Moms who use the service themselves, or us Grandma's who remember how much it helped us.

Nothing wrong with you, or your child......but aren't you glad there is only one....as opposed to say 8????

Hang in there.....

It's not sounding anything different than just being a parent. I would bet every single one of us has felt that way one time or another, even with great kids. It's totally normal to have feelings sometimes of needing our own time to ourselves and not be somebody's "mommy" for an hour or two.

Remember that commercial for Calgon? "Calgon, take me away"? Yeah, that was a mom too. :thumbup:

Ohhhh, thanks y'all! You almost made me cry! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

It's funny b/c I know I'm not the only one, but it sure feels like it!!

And yes, Kat, I'm glad there's only ONE!!! LOL!

Also, I'll watch her for a UTI but I think it's been just her not paying attention. Partly my fault b/c she'd been doing everything on her own and quite well for some time when this started. Before I could remind her to go potty, she'd say she had to go and take off. Since Sat AM after the last flooding, we haven't had another issue since. I threatened to take her panties away and put her back in pull ups! I also told her if she argued with me about going, she was taking a time-out. No arguing!!! We've been doing WAY too much of that lately too!

DH came home today and I told him the new plan of action. Each week, I'm taking off by myself! He's fine with it. Well, he'd better be, it's going to happen anyway! LOL!!! He doesn't have a choice at this point and time! :laugh:

In September, DD starts preschool. I think I'm more excited than she is and she's pretty excited! LOL! So, 2 mornings a week, I'll have a couple of hours to myself!

Sunday afternoon random post -

Glorious day yesterday - went to garden center, picked up lots of stuff, fondled others, went home, dug a garden bed, spread mulch and soil, fertilized the lawn and just puttered in the great outdoors. Then, wicked t-storms approached; came inside and read a book, had a lonnnnggggg hot bath, sipped about 2 oz wine, got giddy, went to bed.

Going to someone's house for dinner tonight - whoo hoo! I am bringing the desserts - Strawberry-rhubarb pies are baking as I type this.

Time to go and enjoy the rest of this sunny sunday......

Oh Tap, yesterday sounds like a WONDERFUL DAY! I hope you enjoyed your dinner tonight too!

Gotta get DD to bed. Night!

Ew. Does anyone else have this awful new format or is it just me?

I still have it. It is ugly. I thought it was just my computer at home, but now I am at work and have it here too. Yuck.

Well I hope it just just some sort of glitch because it is awful on the eyes.

It seems like it is back to normal now. That was awful.

Hello Monday....

I didn't catch up on all the posts, just skimmed it enough to realize that Slim had a major breakthrough. Yay, Slim!

Glouc, if you haven't gotten the Excel thing figured out by this weekend, my DH can help you when you come by. He can practically write software programs with it. I know just enough to get by.