Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Send me one too! name = Trey Swint

I sent you a friend request! :tongue2: At least I hope it is you! hahahaha The profile picture looks like a skull t-shirt!

Back from jury duty. Made it through to the jury panel stage and then was not picked. It was for a speeding ticket. I wouldn't have cared who said what, I would have said not guilty as I don't believe in traffick tickets. There's much better use for cops. My DH gets pulled over and ticketed for almost everything and anything. I'm a speed demon and roll through stop signs all the time and rarely get pulled over. When I do get pulled over, I just get a warning. I haven't gotten a ticket in 17 years. That just goes to prove that cops issuing tickets are capricious so I have no respect for traffick cops.

Ok, I'm off work the rest of the week and just saw this one. Got a few issues with it overall.

#1-To say you would have gone into it saying "not guilty" is not really a good idea. Traffic tickets are for a purpose. If you are speeding, you are breaking the law, no if's, and's or but's about it. If you had a loved one killed by a speeder that had been cited 10 times, you would most likely be all over the police for not getting this person off the streets. Of course, in reality, it is the court system that does not do enough. And then, you add in the fact there are people that will say, "I don't believe in traffic tickets, and I'm on the jury, Not Guilty".

#2-Much better use for cops. Are you kidding. Not many police officers simply spend their entire shifts sitting in wait to catch the rare speeder. Alot of tickets happen as the officer is on patrol and happens to catch someone going well over the speed limit. Plus, as mentioned in #1, if you are speeding, you are breaking the law. Therefore, the argument that police need to be catching "real criminals" has no merit as they have caught a criminal. Speed limits are set for a reason. And, guess what, the police did not set it. It is for your, and your loved ones, safety. They are not arbitrary either. Alot of studies go in to them to find the safest speed for certain areas/environments.

#3-Just because you get off from your tickets with warnings and your husband gets pulled over all the time means nothing. Maybe your husband is speeding alot faster than you are. Maybe he isn't telling you the truth. Maybe you happen to keep finding the officers that are at the end of their shift, being called away to a domestic, or is just having a really good day. It is called discretion. And traffic tickets are one of the few areas left that has not been touched. But, trust me, it is going to happen.

#4-And this is a BIGGIE for me, "so I have no respect for traffick cops". You want to see me go ape sh*t big time? Say that one to my face. Unless you have the guts to put your life on the line every time you do any part of your job, do not EVER say you have no respect for police officers.:tongue2: Every time an officer approaches a vehicle on a stop, they are putting their lives on the line. They do it for you, for me, for your loved ones and your worst enemies. They do not know what is going to happen every time they step out of their vehicle. Maybe the person is wanted for murder and has a semi auto handgun just underneath the seat that will come up as soon as the officer is close enough. Maybe, some drunk idiot will decide at that moment to lose control of their car and side swipe the officer and continue driving off. Maybe, they will find out the person in the passenger seat is in serious trouble and decides they will attack the officer and 2 or more passengers will go for their gun. Don't believe me, go to youtube or simply google and you will find hundreds, most likely thousands, of videos of these scenarios. And, many more. Unless you have to put on protective equipment just to be able to survive your job, NEVER say you do not respect police officers. You can say you do not like them, but you have to respect the job they do for you and your family.

Now, alot of you on here know me. You know I do not ever go off like this. I had to get this off my chest, it is one of my big flashpoints. Alot of you know I am a police officer and I am a little biased on this. I'm just tired of a society that attacks the people that are there to protect them and are willing to lump all of us in with the bad apples. All jobs have bad apples.

I'm done. For now.

Single digit! I would love to just get into a pair of pants with a double digit number with 1 in front instead of a 2.

Hel-LOOOO! :tongue2:

Ok, I'm off work the rest of the week and just saw this one. Got a few issues with it overall.

First let me say I completely agree...period paragraph.

My schtick on here is to always try for the comedy so pls bear with this:

So, Ceradad, how do you REALLY feel? :tongue2:

Honey, I would NEVER take them off!!!

I only would to turn them inside out so that the size 6 tag would be in view!!!!!

#1-To say you would have gone into it saying "not guilty" is not really a good idea. Traffic tickets are for a purpose. If you are speeding, you are breaking the law, no if's, and's or but's about it. If you had a loved one killed by a speeder that had been cited 10 times, you would most likely be all over the police for not getting this person off the streets. Of course, in reality, it is the court system that does not do enough. And then, you add in the fact there are people that will say, "I don't believe in traffic tickets, and I'm on the jury, Not Guilty".

#2-Much better use for cops. Are you kidding. Not many police officers simply spend their entire shifts sitting in wait to catch the rare speeder. Alot of tickets happen as the officer is on patrol and happens to catch someone going well over the speed limit. Plus, as mentioned in #1, if you are speeding, you are breaking the law. Therefore, the argument that police need to be catching "real criminals" has no merit as they have caught a criminal. Speed limits are set for a reason. And, guess what, the police did not set it. It is for your, and your loved ones, safety. They are not arbitrary either. Alot of studies go in to them to find the safest speed for certain areas/environments.

#3-Just because you get off from your tickets with warnings and your husband gets pulled over all the time means nothing. Maybe your husband is speeding alot faster than you are. Maybe he isn't telling you the truth. Maybe you happen to keep finding the officers that are at the end of their shift, being called away to a domestic, or is just having a really good day. It is called discretion. And traffic tickets are one of the few areas left that has not been touched. But, trust me, it is going to happen.

#4-And this is a BIGGIE for me, "so I have no respect for traffick cops". You want to see me go ape sh*t big time? Say that one to my face. Unless you have the guts to put your life on the line every time you do any part of your job, do not EVER say you have no respect for police officers.:tongue2: Every time an officer approaches a vehicle on a stop, they are putting their lives on the line. They do it for you, for me, for your loved ones and your worst enemies. They do not know what is going to happen every time they step out of their vehicle. Maybe the person is wanted for murder and has a semi auto handgun just underneath the seat that will come up as soon as the officer is close enough. Maybe, some drunk idiot will decide at that moment to lose control of their car and side swipe the officer and continue driving off. Maybe, they will find out the person in the passenger seat is in serious trouble and decides they will attack the officer and 2 or more passengers will go for their gun. Don't believe me, go to youtube or simply google and you will find hundreds, most likely thousands, of videos of these scenarios. And, many more. Unless you have to put on protective equipment just to be able to survive your job, NEVER say you do not respect police officers. You can say you do not like them, but you have to respect the job they do for you and your family.

Now, alot of you on here know me. You know I do not ever go off like this. I had to get this off my chest, it is one of my big flashpoints. Alot of you know I am a police officer and I am a little biased on this. I'm just tired of a society that attacks the people that are there to protect them and are willing to lump all of us in with the bad apples. All jobs have bad apples.

I'm done. For now.

A HUGE amen, Ceradad. I absolutely love our police forces, our military, and those who keep us safe. If I had my way, y'all would make more and guys who just kick around footballs would not make so much.

I've been around cops (and even dated one) for many years. They are average people who do extraordinary jobs which often risk their lives, and it's a shame so many people don't see that. :)

I think unless any of us are paid crap to do a job where you are there to help society while being despised, disrespected, and shot at, you wouldn't understand how they feel.

So, Ceradad, how do you REALLY feel? :tongue2:

Oh no, you aren't going to get me to go off on another rant. I'm off my soapbox for the night. I'm too afraid of heights to go back up there.:)

Beth-thanks. I knew I could count on you for support. Btw, did I miss your response as to who your favorite football team is?

Also, I started watching Band of Brothers on DVD again today. I love this series. Shows what a group of guys will do for each other.

Edited by Ceradad

A HUGE amen, Ceradad. I absolutely love our police forces, our military, and those who keep us safe. If I had my way, y'all would make more and guys who just kick around footballs would not make so much.

I've been around cops (and even dated one) for many years. They are average people who do extraordinary jobs which often risk their lives, and it's a shame so many people don't see that. :tongue2:

I think unless any of us are paid crap to do a job where you are there to help society while being despised, disrespected, and shot at, you wouldn't understand how they feel.

You know you are just a closet cop groupie! Oh wait - so am I! hahahahahaha

You know you are just a closet cop groupie! Oh wait - so am I! hahahahahaha

Need a few more of those.:tongue2:

I sent you a friend request! :tongue2: At least I hope it is you! hahahaha The profile picture looks like a skull t-shirt!

Yup, that's me!

Honey, I would NEVER take them off!!!

But.....your husband would be sad!

Thanks for your concern all, that is very sweet. Hoping to feel better real soon.

PS I changed my name. Not sure why either.

Beth-thanks. I knew I could count on you for support. Btw, did I miss your response as to who your favorite football team is?

You're very welcome, but don't thank me. I always thank our men and women in blue/brown/black... whatever color. I also go up to servicemen and -women and thank them for what they do for us. I am not sure if they hear that often, or often enough.

I think what I said about football was that I am a fan of none, but because I came from Texas, I would likely root the Cowboys. :tongue2: