Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

PJTP: Okay, I about had a freakin' heart attack not long ago.

I just came from my first post-op doctor visit, and everything went very well -- so well, in fact, that they're putting me on mushies a few days early.

Anyway, the doc and I went over my procedure (I even got PICS of my insides before, during, and after I was banded!!), and we were talking about slippage and what can cause it, yada yada.

Anyway, I'm driving home and getting close to my subdivision, and I lean down to get something out of a compartment under my radio and hear and feel *POP!* Omg, I about died! I'm thinking it's my band, but it didn't feel like my band, omg, was that my band, please tell me that wasn't my band, but if it was my band, wouldn't I have felt something different, but omg, it happened about the place my band is, omg, omg, omg.

I get home and I'm feeling around... it was the underwire (which I think is plastic) in my bra. :cursing:

LOL! You scared me for a minute! I am glad it was just a wardrobe malfunction! B)

I get home and I'm feeling around... it was the underwire (which I think is plastic) in my bra. :cursing:

beth that was pretty damn funny!

i "can" handle snakes - field mice make me cringe.

my labs spend a good portion of the day chasing squirrels and i typically get a "care package" on the back porch....B)

ljm - how's the baby bean?

LOL! You scared me for a minute! I am glad it was just a wardrobe malfunction! :cursing:

You'n me both!! B)

Got your note... school Tuesdays and Thursdays, but thought maybe we could walk puppies tomorrow? Don't know what time you get home...

Omg, y'all, I'm eatin' a crab cake with tziki... and I swear, it's the best crab cake I ever had. It could be a mud pie and I'd be happy with it after nearly 3 weeks of liquids! :cursing:

Funny thing is, the old me kicked in and I almost did a regular serving, which is two. Then I stopped and said, wait, I won't be able to eat two! WOOT WOOT!

PJTP: Okay, I about had a freakin' heart attack not long ago.

I just came from my first post-op doctor visit, and everything went very well -- so well, in fact, that they're putting me on mushies a few days early.

Anyway, the doc and I went over my procedure (I even got PICS of my insides before, during, and after I was banded!!), and we were talking about slippage and what can cause it, yada yada.

Anyway, I'm driving home and getting close to my subdivision, and I lean down to get something out of a compartment under my radio and hear and feel *POP!* Omg, I about died! I'm thinking it's my band, but it didn't feel like my band, omg, was that my band, please tell me that wasn't my band, but if it was my band, wouldn't I have felt something different, but omg, it happened about the place my band is, omg, omg, omg.

B):lol::tt2:

he's doing really well.... thumping all around... i cant believe im only about 10 weeks away!! GAHHHHHHHH!

So close... I remember how excited I was thinking about how wonderful it was going to be to meet my babies.

he's doing really well.... thumping all around... i cant believe im only about 10 weeks away!! GAHHHHHHHH!

ohhh i'm excited for ya!

sms - i have to say i enjoy the late night crews chats the morning after over coffee. it's my new ritual..., so you plain, she, fanny et all....chat it up tonite.

Didn't you ever see the PSA where we were all instructed that "words hit as hard as a fist"? I would never stoop to name calling! Heh.....

Oh pls - you never ever miss an opportunity to call me a name...BRAT.

Thanks Beth. Oh, and I am with you on the sports thing. The only sports I like is Nascar. Football absolutely bores me to tears!

You'n me both!! :tt2:

Got your note... school Tuesdays and Thursdays, but thought maybe we could walk puppies tomorrow? Don't know what time you get home...

Tomorrow sounds great. :cursing: I get home around 6:30ish depending on traffic. It took me 45 minutes tonight to drive from Herndon. B)

Omg, y'all, I'm eatin' a crab cake with tziki... and I swear, it's the best crab cake I ever had.

quote]

Now I want your other crab cake! I'll be right over with the rest of the tziki!! :cursing:

Is the honeymoon over?

Okay folks, I need your help in dealing with this one... Things with the new BF are getting really really serious, he is wonderful, sexy and georgeous. He also really slim and fit and currently getting worried about putting on weight because he has crept over 155lb :cool2:. He is 5'8" and I am 5'3", which I thought was a pretty good match, however, all of his previous girlfriends/partners have been tiny slim women, he considers me tall!

He has paid me some fabulous compliments, all of which have made me feel really good about myself - things such as "you have the sexiest mind of any woman I've met", "I love your eyes/smile/hair", "You are my every wet dream come true"... the one thing he hadn't ever said, however, was the basic "you're pretty/beautiful/etc".

Foolishly, I was fishing for compliments last weekend and asked him flat out "Do you think I'm pretty?" erk... I should have known that I would get a totally honest answer... I got the dreaded "You have a very pretty face". Now as fatties, we all know what that means, don't we? B) What's more, it was followed up a while later with comments along the lines of "I'm really coming to realise that I've focussed way too much on the physical in the past and that what is really important to me is someone's mind, spirit, loving heart, that we are so compatible, etc, etc.." Double erk... Jeez, why didn't he just say "you have a great personality", which we all know is also code for "you're a big fatty". :cursing:

Feeling sexy is such a matter of confidence. In the past, as a big fatty, I have made a point of going for men who specifically state that they are attracted to bigger women. With that knowledge, I'm usually happy to flaunt my curves and not too paranoid about the rolls. Now, however, even though I'm 80lb lighter, I'm getting paranoid about the sags and bags :tt2:.

How do I deal with this? It is not his "fault" that he finds slim, fit women more physically attractive. Let's face it - they ARE. If they weren't, why would we so desperately want to be one of those women? I'm bisexual and I don't find my body physically attractive either, so why would he?

He is wonderfully supportive about the weight loss and says he is happy to be patient about it, that what he cares about is that I am actively working to improve myself. He says he loves f***ing me - and we have the most amazingly mindblowing sex. However, I am less confident now about getting naked in front of him than I was before I so foolishly opened this can of worms. I love this man, I know he loves me, but my self-confidence took a beating with his honesty and I don't know how to recover it. Help!

Edited by Fanny Adams